Fatboy Slim is a great producer...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thefool

Post by thefool » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:48 pm

8)

I guess i'm more of a kraftwerk guy if you go to that genre.

just saw this in the quick vid box:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... rgLyou2BCQ
Fun heh

drush

Post by drush » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:39 pm

thefool wrote:Why are you posting here when you have nothing to say, drush :roll:
well let's see. back on page 3 i was contributing directly to the subject of this thread. included in that i cheekily stated an opinion about fatboy's music. even included an emoticon 'n everything.

to which you only replied with a personal insult. no fun in it. no emoticon. no contribution to the thread.

so, you can fuck right off.

oh, and: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unSrLgoW ... re=related :lol:

...that's even Ableton on-topic

mdk

Post by mdk » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:23 pm

thefool wrote:Heck he even helped define the big beat genre i'd say.
ah brighton and the birth of big beat. those were dark times. it was like the aural equivalent of 'friends' (the tv programme). cheesy and obvious and smug in its cheesy obviousness.

horrible horrible music.
Pr0k Records - Bandcamp Facebook Twitter

thefool

Post by thefool » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:16 am

so, you can fuck right off.
wet your pants today?

ah brighton and the birth of big beat. those were dark times. it was like the aural equivalent of 'friends' (the tv programme). cheesy and obvious and smug in its cheesy obviousness.
8O

brightonalex

Post by brightonalex » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:42 am

"omfg I am seriously harming my artistic integrity here by playing records for FREE to THOUSANDS of people in my HOME TOWN and not mixing them properly!! I should get a Kaoss pad, then I'll be a creative musican. EooooOOP!

Furthermore I am playing a selection of tunes that I know everyone will enjoy, rather than an obscure selection of early techno that will please only about 7 anoraks that are somewhere on the autistic spectrum. And is playing records really being a musician anyway? Maybe I should play ACTUAL MUSIC oh hang on I already did that when I was in the housemartins. And when I formed Freakpower. How oh how can I please the ableton forum? Who do they all love? DAFT PUNK!! That's it, I'll just sample loads of early funk music, loop it and... oh hang on..."

thefool

Post by thefool » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:48 am

well said. just didn't dare to do it myself.
Last edited by thefool on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smartass303

Re: .

Post by smartass303 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:53 am

brightonalex wrote: Furthermore I am playing a selection of tunes that I know everyone will enjoy, rather than an obscure selection of early techno that will please only about 7 anoraks that are somewhere on the autistic spectrum.
Lolz, great man!

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:21 pm

mdk wrote:
thefool wrote:Heck he even helped define the big beat genre i'd say.

horrible horrible music.

you're just jealous. EVERYBODY likes that music except for a few socially akward drooling fucknuts who listen only to Hans Reichel's daxophone suites and Xenakis' music concrete pieces.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

mdk

Post by mdk » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:41 pm

interesting, never heard of Hans Reichel, have to check it out.

when i have those really awkward moments, you know when someone else comes round to visit or i imagine touching a real woman then I listen to Wolf Eyes.

i lived in brighton when that whole big beat thing happened. it seemed to spread like a virus, you couldnt go anywhere without hearing some over-compressed lazily edited drums with some cheesy samples stuck over the top

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:49 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:see, it's just a matter of opinion.

In mine, sampling a SUPERTRAMP SONG, throwing shit techno under it, and then literally screaming nonsense on top is positively unholy. It is a crime against music. It would be music being your daughter, locking it in a basement dungeon at the age of 15 and repeatedly raping it for more than 20 years.

in case anyone doesn't know, here's a link to this abomination:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmEBCTDt2IA

.lm.
Geeza, just been thumbing thru this thread and looks as if my 'Why Scooter' Thread has rubbed of on you after all!!

You see, they are shockingly bad are'nt they?; So bad that even your good (tollerent) self feels compelled to show the world the evil that is Scooter. :lol: 8)

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:59 pm

oh man, sadly i knew about scooter before that thread.
scary scary stuff.

anyway, hans reichel is awesome, but his daxophone stuff certainly isn't for everybody.....

http://www.daxo.de/ <---- looks like a museum of horrible flash animation, but you can hear some daxophone there.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

mdk

Post by mdk » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:23 pm

what a bizarre site. i saw a couple of vids on youtube..interesting stuff..reminded me to go to this site again :

http://noisejunk.eu/index.php?page=builders

which of course features Hans Reichel. :)

one of my favourites is this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=crSi9IxPfYA

the bazantar..which combines 2 things i really love..deep strings like cello / double bass and drones. id love to play one of those..

ohiowa

Post by ohiowa » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:42 pm

more importantly, as a DJ, is he constantly turning up his master until it distorts and everything sounds like shit?

are his levels all over the place from track to track?

is he playing the same tired old shit that every DJ plays and asking for more money because he had a funny video years ago with Christopher Walken?

with the exception of the latter, he sounds like every other DJ to me. I'm currently doing research to see who's done more damage to music over the past 10-20 years DJ's or journalists.

HA!
// u n u r //
moderntapes.com/unur
facebook.com/uunnuurr
anywhere anyone 12"ep
coming soon!

Darwinist

Post by Darwinist » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:55 pm

Scooter's cover of The Logical Song is pure artistic delight compared to their most recent offering - they've jumped on the jumpstep bandwagon :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysfmPEBM ... re=related

Loving the lyrics too...some serious Mark Twain shit right there...

thefool

Post by thefool » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Darwinist wrote:Scooter's cover of The Logical Song is pure artistic delight compared to their most recent offering - they've jumped on the jumpstep bandwagon :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysfmPEBM ... re=related

Loving the lyrics too...some serious Mark Twain shit right there...
Yeah i don't like that new stuff :/