whats going on with the just add music VJ beta?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
babkubwa

whats going on with the just add music VJ beta?

Post by babkubwa » Sat May 31, 2008 11:49 am

anybody using this?

I paid into the beta last year but never really got the time or video content to take it far.

Seems to have gone very quiet over there. still no working forum or news updates.

such a cool idea - and so much fun. shame if it crashed before it took off!

http://web.mac.com/justaddmusic/justadd ... /Blog.html

babkubwa

Post by babkubwa » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:32 pm

come on - surely wasn't just me into this?

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:40 pm

I was watching this closely too... my guess is J might have sold his program to a corporate entity and it could be going to come out in a bigger, flashier, fashion.

....?

my 2c
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:05 pm

Pitch Black wrote:I was watching this closely too... my guess is J might have sold his program to a corporate entity and it could be going to come out in a bigger, flashier, fashion.

....?

my 2c
I thought you were part of the beta/pre-release group? And I thought you said it was buggy or lacking in some areas, or something like that?

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:08 am

beats me wrote:I thought you were part of the beta/pre-release group? And I thought you said it was buggy or lacking in some areas, or something like that?
I must confess I didn't have too big a play with it, I got busy on another project at the time. There were a few glitches and slightly odd behaviour I couldn't explain that made it feel like not-quite-ready-for-commercial-release software, but [J, if you're out there listening] it's the sort of 'ware I would have purchased without question as soon as it was (is?) stable and commercially released.

In my ultimate wet dream, Ableton has bought out JAM and Live 8 will be the ultimate live performance multimedia delivery platform!

A guy can hope.... :D
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

babkubwa

Post by babkubwa » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:47 am

Pitch Black wrote:
beats me wrote:
In my ultimate wet dream, Ableton has bought out JAM and Live 8 will be the ultimate live performance multimedia delivery platform!

A guy can hope.... :D
+1 !!!!!!

PaulDuke

Re: whats going on with the just add music VJ beta?

Post by PaulDuke » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:53 pm

babkubwa wrote:anybody using this?

I paid into the beta last year but never really got the time or video content to take it far.

http://web.mac.com/justaddmusic/justadd ... /Blog.html
me too....

hope they didn't stopped with the project

nobbystylus

Post by nobbystylus » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:20 pm

Jay assures me that its not dead.. but can't talk about what he is doing with it..

We will have to watch this space..
http://www.myspace.com/wardclerk
http://www.myspace.com/bighairufreqs
LIVE 8.21/ Reaktor 5.51/VDMX/Quartz Composer

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:46 pm

so there has been an exchange of money, but no promises as to whether there will be a final product? Or at least "when"?

babkubwa

Post by babkubwa » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:59 pm

I didn't check that too carefully - was just so exited about the idea I threw my money at it without question!

Would just love to hear a little news/feedback. Even if the program never does get completed I think what people have paid entitles them to some better communication.

xtraman

Post by xtraman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:57 pm

yeah what the hell happened to JustAddMusic??
its soo damm sick, pretty much everything i want to do with av..
i would do anything just to try it out..

antonio913

Post by antonio913 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Just Add Music, this was suppose to be the answer to Audio/Video production in Ableton and then it disappeared? I was fortunate enough to purchase a copy of the beta (Beta 0.92) The program works but it was missing certain things to make it complete. I could never get video transitions which would have been great. I still use it because it one of the easiest to use compared to resolume 3 (crashes constantly) , Arkaos, and Modul8. Just Add Music was very basic in it's set up but it felt like 100% ableton. If anyone know of any information please share it.

here is something I did a while back.

http://www.vimeo.com/1583597