Can any MIDI control geniuses disect whats happening here..?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dphouse84

Post by dphouse84 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:20 pm

i suggest you send him an email on controllerism.com or try pm-ing him on this site. i met him in charlotte a year ago for a RBMA Ableton intro class and got to see the controller in person along with his octamasher.

and yes his setup is highly modified with beat lookup from CList on the NI Forums along with custom building his controller.

He's a super nice guy, but i know he has gotten very busy over the last yera, so he might be a bit slow getting back to you.

Also if you look for the "beat look-up" thread on the NI forums there is a long explanation on how to set this up for your controller.

If memory servies me correctly he is/was a programmer by trade and reaktor uses math and C++ for customization.

I tried adding this to my setup foir awhile, but I want to learn more about Reaktor before i attempt again.

best wishes!
Stuff I actually use.
sound card, speakers, mic, MBP, Mighty Mouse, Ableton, Reason, iPad, iPhone,Touchable, Rebirth, & other apps.
Pair of Technics 1200's, and a Pioneer Mixer

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:51 pm

dphouse84 wrote: If memory servies me correctly he is/was a programmer by trade and reaktor uses math and C++ for customization.
You can't use C++ for customizing Reaktor unless you break the EULA and reverse engineer the source code. What you're talking about is Reaktor core programming, which isn't C++...

ew

dphouse84

Post by dphouse84 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:29 pm

thanks for the tip on that. probably the best way to find out is to get in touch with him correct. He def uses alot of smart knobs :)

best of luck

Reaktor is quite a beast of its own.
Stuff I actually use.
sound card, speakers, mic, MBP, Mighty Mouse, Ableton, Reason, iPad, iPhone,Touchable, Rebirth, & other apps.
Pair of Technics 1200's, and a Pioneer Mixer