DO NOT BUY ANY REFX PRODUCTS !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Scube

Re: DO NOT BUY ANY REFX PRODUCTS !

Post by Scube » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:58 am

SIMPLY : THEY CANNOT KNOW IF YOU HAVE OR NOT HAVE SOLD YOUR COPY

Where is their proof? Your email message? It's ridiculous.. A low-level lawyer would destroy them..

Scube
Waiting for Qbits..

Poster

Re: DO NOT BUY ANY REFX PRODUCTS !

Post by Poster » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:04 am

Scube wrote: A low-level lawyer would destroy them..
Neb to the rescue :)

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:51 pm

thefool wrote:there was a few threads here and there, but much more mixed than here. A lot supported RefX
i don't believe that. what forums?

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:52 pm

complaining is one thing, but it would be nice to see some action regarding this issue. germany (refx's home state) is part of the european union, so i've been searching for consumer advocacy groups within the eu... there seems to be some protections set up for international trade and consumer rights. any help from europeans that might know more about possible options and support systems should post their ideas here.

i simply don't buy refx's defense at all. as someone else pointed out, an email is not proof that the security of the software was compromised. it's just proof of a misunderstanding at best. refx made the mistake of being absolute in their response without giving any opportunity for the consumer to clarify the situation. refx made an assumption. this is not legal grounds for the termination of the license.

something has to be done about this.

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:58 pm

dude dont' try to involve anything legal, ,I mean that's too veageful. Sure the guys a dick at Refx, but justice is served, ,via an open online forum. don't report the guy or make a headache for him in that matter, then YOU"RE the dick. Besides, he is actually correct with regards to terms of agreement. even if he's an asshole/

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:07 pm

morerecords wrote:dude dont' try to involve anything legal, ,I mean that's too veageful. Sure the guys a dick at Refx, but justice is served, ,via an open online forum. don't report the guy or make a headache for him in that matter, then YOU"RE the dick. Besides, he is actually correct with regards to terms of agreement. even if he's an asshole/
huh? do you mean vengeful?

i think contacting consumer advocacy groups is a reasonable step for the guy who lost his money.

i don't think TALKING about it makes me a dick.

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:35 pm

morerecords wrote: justice is served, ,via an open online forum.
That may be the strangest advice I have ever seen.

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:48 pm

(removed per request of ReFX, GMBH)
Last edited by hacktheplanet on Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:53 pm

the_planet wrote:Hello Ableton forums,

Most of you may not know me, but I do accounting for ReFX. After seeing this thread get so may responses, I have decided to refund bleepsnbreaks's minus the standard 10% fee to cover the credit card transactions.
We regret that this has become such a big issue, and will rewrite our return and license transfer policies. You can all rest assured that the quality of our customer service matches the quality of our products.
Thanks for the concern, and we apologize for any frustration our past policies may have caused.

Sincerely,

the_planet
reFX billing
support.refx.com

i'm going to stop trying so hard to believe in humanity. it's such a waste of time.
Last edited by darthstephen on Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:08 pm

Most of you may not know me, but I do accounting for ReFX. After seeing this thread get so may responses, I have decided to refund bleepsnbreaks's minus the standard 10% fee to cover the credit card transactions.
We regret that this has become such a big issue, and will rewrite our return and license transfer policies. You can all rest assured that the quality of our customer service matches the quality of our products.
Thanks for the concern, and we apologize for any frustration our past policies may have caused.

Sincerely,

the_planet
reFX billing
support.refx.com
Thanks for doing the right thing. Redemption is a good thing, brutha.

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:59 pm

Sincerely,

the_planet
reFX billing

support.refx.com
I'm calling bullshit here
Last edited by thelike5 on Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

bleepsnbreaks

Post by bleepsnbreaks » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:49 pm

If this happens then I will be very happy, but I havent had any contact from reFX and I have a different credit card now to the one that I used then.
This would be a great display of service, I would be glad to take back everything I have said about reFX, not about the way that Mike has handled this situation, but about the company in general.
But without having heard a thing from reFX themselves, I find it unlikely that this is really going to happen.
My Tracks on MySpace

Progressive Mix demo(not mixed in Live, mixed with CDJs)

17" Macbook pro 2.4 | Live 6 + Operator

Damon_Chambers

Post by Damon_Chambers » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:15 am

ya, coming from a user with over 1000 posts i doubt its legit.

even if they did it would only be to cover their asses at this point. my initial opinion of the company would not change one bit.

bleepsnbreaks

Post by bleepsnbreaks » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:32 am

yeah, in his profile his occupation is down as student/DJ/Live PA, no mention of working in accounts....
My Tracks on MySpace

bleepsnbreaks

Post by bleepsnbreaks » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:35 am

That and the fact that he is in Chicago, not Germany.
What a dick.
My Tracks on MySpace