DO NOT BUY ANY REFX PRODUCTS !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:07 pm

R.J.Dubya wrote: I have to respectfully disagree with you endorsment of tone2 as a model company. They aren't as bad as reFX, but the developer can be very defensive and rude at times as well. I'm sure they can very helpful and are probably nice guys, but I had my only bad experience of my life when I was trying out gladiator (which I love the sound of). I brought up a bunch of issues and I was told it was all my fault or my hosts fault (ableton) and one of my threads were deleted after he got quite rude with me. I noticed later on an update when I tried the demo again, that they had fixed everything I brought up. But I never got an apology and was even told to just go find another product! The whole time I did nothing but praise the synth while trying to help find bugs/problems. I noticed in a lot of other threads there that the developer gets way to defensive and dramatic with people who have reasonable requests. I just don't think that's good behavior , it makes people less confidant that the developer will be responsive to them, even if that's not true. And especially when charging a 30 dollar transfer fee when so many others don't, it's again uncompetitive when compared to other policies. I never posted about that experience as I didn't wish them any harm, but at the same time people should know about other peoples bad experiences to help them make the right buying choice.
Dude, this is such a rude post. I think it should be deleted from this thread. The nerve of some people!

roby

Post by roby » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:14 pm

nebulae wrote:
R.J.Dubya wrote: I have to respectfully disagree with you endorsment of tone2 as a model company. They aren't as bad as reFX, but the developer can be very defensive and rude at times as well. I'm sure they can very helpful and are probably nice guys, but I had my only bad experience of my life when I was trying out gladiator (which I love the sound of). I brought up a bunch of issues and I was told it was all my fault or my hosts fault (ableton) and one of my threads were deleted after he got quite rude with me. I noticed later on an update when I tried the demo again, that they had fixed everything I brought up. But I never got an apology and was even told to just go find another product! The whole time I did nothing but praise the synth while trying to help find bugs/problems. I noticed in a lot of other threads there that the developer gets way to defensive and dramatic with people who have reasonable requests. I just don't think that's good behavior , it makes people less confidant that the developer will be responsive to them, even if that's not true. And especially when charging a 30 dollar transfer fee when so many others don't, it's again uncompetitive when compared to other policies. I never posted about that experience as I didn't wish them any harm, but at the same time people should know about other peoples bad experiences to help them make the right buying choice.
Dude, this is such a rude post. I think it should be deleted from this thread. The nerve of some people!
respectfully rude...

i've never had to deal with this guy directly, but i've read his posts and i always though the guy was a bit dramatic and defensive as well..

R.J.Dubya

Post by R.J.Dubya » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:22 pm

nebulae wrote:
That does it Neb! You and me, in the parking lot, after school. I'm gonna tune you up ratchet style.

:P
aka glitchrock-buddha
303 posts as Winston

Macbook pro C2D 2.16, Firepod, rubber band and a stick.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:23 pm

My only exchange with him was that about 4 years ago, I asked him to put a swing feature in Vanguard's then hailed tarnce-gate. He curtly stated, "No, this is not an important feature."

Good thing the guys at Access (and most other synths) listened to such forward thinking ideology...after all, who in their right mind would ever want anything other than rigid 16ths? What a crazy request on my part...

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:27 pm

R.J.Dubya wrote: That does it Neb! You and me, in the parking lot, after school. I'm gonna tune you up ratchet style.

:P

Oh you're so frakin' ON, mofo! But I prefer behind the bleachers...the parking lot is way too trendy, and I prefer to beat your sorry ass Rumble-Fish style.

R.J.Dubya

Post by R.J.Dubya » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:29 pm

nebulae wrote:My only exchange with him was that about 4 years ago, I asked him to put a swing feature in Vanguard's then hailed tarnce-gate. He curtly stated, "No, this is not an important feature."

Good thing the guys at Access (and most other synths) listened to such forward thinking ideology...after all, who in their right mind would ever want anything other than rigid 16ths? What a crazy request on my part...
lol! That's hilarious! He told me months ago that legato that actually works isn't an important feature. Also, I just checked at the tone2 forum and saw that someone requested midi learn in gladiator. Guess what he told them - Essentially that there's already a mod-matrix, which is better and that midi learn isn't used that much. :lol: Midi f'n learn!
aka glitchrock-buddha
303 posts as Winston

Macbook pro C2D 2.16, Firepod, rubber band and a stick.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:31 pm

^ gotto love people who live in their own bubble..."Screw the users and all their fancy schmancy feature requests!"

thefool

Post by thefool » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:42 pm

R.J.Dubya wrote:
thefool wrote:just to clear it why i enjoy Tone2's policy: They DO have a 20€ license transfer fee, but i think thats fair enough. 20€ is not much more than a large pizza, and i like to support developers. Also because they do it manually and have to deal with shareit etcettera.
I have to respectfully disagree with you endorsment of tone2 as a model company. They aren't as bad as reFX, but the developer can be very defensive and rude at times as well. I'm sure they can very helpful and are probably nice guys, but I had my only bad experience of my life when I was trying out gladiator (which I love the sound of). I brought up a bunch of issues and I was told it was all my fault or my hosts fault (ableton) and one of my threads were deleted after he got quite rude with me. I noticed later on an update when I tried the demo again, that they had fixed everything I brought up. But I never got an apology and was even told to just go find another product! The whole time I did nothing but praise the synth while trying to help find bugs/problems. I noticed in a lot of other threads there that the developer gets way to defensive and dramatic with people who have reasonable requests. I just don't think that's good behavior , it makes people less confidant that the developer will be responsive to them, even if that's not true. And especially when charging a 30 dollar transfer fee when so many others don't, it's again uncompetitive when compared to other policies. I never posted about that experience as I didn't wish them any harm, but at the same time people should know about other peoples bad experiences to help them make the right buying choice.
I guess you're right, there are always different sides of people. Sounds like they where pretty rude to you.

Even IF the bugs you where talking about where Live's fault (as it was with the "first note not played" bug), they have no reason to get that rude.

You're right about posting the experience, especially when i just praised them for being good. I never had that much dealing with them, basically just bought gladiator and chatted a bit with the developer (telling about the vacation etc, and he invited me to come by). Its a good thing you don't wish them any harm but if they did this to me i'd throw them an email telling what exactly happened and that i didn't wish to annoy them. IF they gave me a nice reply, i'd be fine with it. If not i'd probably just ignore them or make some burning posts @ kvr hehe.

And yeah, Gladiator is a nice piece of work. The filters are just stunning, imho. I enjoy and use it for what it does :)

i've never had to deal with this guy directly, but i've read his posts and i always though the guy was a bit dramatic and defensive as well..
This guy as in me or michael? :D

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:44 pm

^ michael.

You transcended from dramatic to totally insane a few months ago.

thefool

Post by thefool » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:48 pm

nebulae wrote:^ michael.

You transcended from dramatic to totally insane a few months ago.
**** off :lol:

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:49 pm

**** = jerk?

Sounds like an invitation.

roby

Post by roby » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:49 pm

thefool wrote:
This guy as in me or michael? :D
that fool, not the fool :D

thefool

Post by thefool » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:49 pm

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:52 pm

obamalicious!

(known in clubs as the McCain undertow)

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:06 pm