Page 8 of 13

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:59 pm
by b0unce
heal the world, make it a better place...
for you and for me and the entire human race...

la dee da, do dee da doo doo doo, ba dee da ba dee da ba doo boo dooby doo

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:12 pm
by sroom3000
screw those guys. their software is utter shite anyway. nothing worse then rude customer service assholes.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:16 pm
by thefool
b0unce wrote:heal the world, make it a better place...
for you and for me and the entire human race...

la dee da, do dee da doo doo doo, ba dee da ba dee da ba doo boo dooby doo
yeah

Re: Heres the response

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:37 pm
by djsynchro
bleepsnbreaks wrote: "There is No Such Thing as Bad Publicity". "
That rule only applies to rockstars, not to companies selling a product.
What a dick!!!
:!: :!: :!: :!:

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:43 pm
by b0unce
well, he's not wrong. I checked out his website thanks to this thread :)

btw, it seems nexus is some kind of rompler ? ...it's 4gigs large so it's got to be.
Perhaps that's why he's so deadset against a license transfer ?

If i was selling rompler/wav-content (4gigs worth) I doubt I'd allow license transfer either.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:03 pm
by bleepsnbreaks
thefool wrote:Come on, if the original poster would have calmed down and thought a bit before writing the second he could still have his license. I think its getting a bit too late now with the complete 12 page trolling at kvr and 7 pages here..
If you read the transcripe of my communication with Mike you will see that he cancelled my licence after the FIRST POLITE email asking how I transfer it to someone else.
I think that its my responsibility as a part of a community like this to share my experience. If someone was trying to decide between buying a reFX product another similar product then I think that consumers have the right to make thier decision on knowing how they will be treated by thier vendor.
As I said before, too many software companies get away with this kind of treatment of thier customers and its not acceptable, I think that anything we can do to make companies like this think about customer service as being a nessessary part of selling thier produt is good.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:07 pm
by thefool
I was also a bit upset but always been threated well by Refx. I did have a nice talk with Mike about this (though i feel like i should be carefull not to say that here. I guess it shows he don't just care about the big fishes.)

But from THEIR point of view it goes like this:
Original poster claims that he HAS sold the license to someone else. Refx decides to close the account due to violations. Before ANY attempt to explain that he did NOT transfer the license in a nice tone, he starts with crap. He didn't give them ANY chance to work it out at all, he just turned on the red light and went angry. He basically attacked them for misunderstanding him.

I'm sorry to say this but i'm with RefX on this one. It would have been something else if he nicely responded that it was a mistake, but he has created such a huge mess about this on the internet.


And why on earth should they be nice to him now just because he launches a massive attack on them on the internet? People have been raving at the KVR forums, too..

Anyone commenting this case should look a bit more into it and actually try to UNDERSTAND what happened here..




--

@bounce
Yeah nexus is some type of a rompler. And its IMHO very high quality and usable for a lot of stuff. It comes packed with a bunch of piano's ready for use with especially house and trance music, an extremely large pile of extremely high quality leads, agreed again mostly for club music in the trance/dance/house area. A ton of pads, single instruments, nice strings etc.
I wouldn't listen to what people have to say about the quality of it before trying yourself. I like it a lot, though i rarely use the sounds unprocessed though it invites to do that. It has a well designed and powerful arpeggiator, perfect for making custom patterns (i've never met anything so fast and easy to use), well defined effects (lovely reverb and delay, and a very decent filter.) and etc.

And its not _just_ a rompler. Lets just compare it a bit to Kontakt, its not just a sampler. It got a lot of stuff going on and while haven't seen a screenshot of the programmer i've been told about it.

Nothing is for everybody, but i can say that i haven't ever regret the purchase. It contains a huge selection of extremely carefully selected sounds, and nexus itself contains enough modulation possibilities to make your sound fit decently.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:07 pm
by bleepsnbreaks
b0unce wrote:
If i was selling rompler/wav-content (4gigs worth) I doubt I'd allow license transfer either.
I think its sh1tty to not allow transfers, I would be happy to pay a transfer fee of $20 or so, but fair enough that software companies can choose how thier licence model works.
The thing that I think is not acceptable is that the terms and conditions of thier licence are NOT available BEFORE you give them your money.
The other thing, which is the much bigger issue here, is the attitude that reFX has towards thier customers.

In my opinion if they allowed transfers, with a fee, then thats more money for reFX. I mean, the dude who bought the software off me, for less than 1/2 what I paid, likely isnt going to go and pay full price for it from reFX.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:09 pm
by thefool
If you read the transcripe of my communication with Mike you will see that he cancelled my licence after the FIRST POLITE email asking how I transfer it to someone else.
I have read everything. What i see is you stating that you HAVE sold it, and Refx misunderstands this. You don't try to explain them that its a misunderstanding and you go attacking them. Thats what i see :/

I'm not against you personally at all, don't get it that way, but i think you really did some bad moves in this case.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:23 pm
by nathannn
thefool wrote:I was also a bit upset but always been threated well by Refx. I did have a nice talk with Mike about this (though i feel like i should be carefull not to say that here. I guess it shows he don't just care about the big fishes.)

But from THEIR point of view it goes like this:
Original poster claims that he HAS sold the license to someone else. Refx decides to close the account due to violations. Before ANY attempt to explain that he did NOT transfer the license in a nice tone, he starts with crap. He didn't give them ANY chance to work it out at all, he just turned on the red light and went angry. He basically attacked them for misunderstanding him.

I'm sorry to say this but i'm with RefX on this one. It would have been something else if he nicely responded that it was a mistake, but he has created such a huge mess about this on the internet.


And why on earth should they be nice to him now just because he launches a massive attack on them on the internet? People have been raving at the KVR forums, too..

Anyone commenting this case should look a bit more into it and actually try to UNDERSTAND what happened here..




--

@bounce
Yeah nexus is some type of a rompler. And its IMHO very high quality and usable for a lot of stuff. It comes packed with a bunch of piano's ready for use with especially house and trance music, an extremely large pile of extremely high quality leads, agreed again mostly for club music in the trance/dance/house area. A ton of pads, single instruments, nice strings etc.
I wouldn't listen to what people have to say about the quality of it before trying yourself. I like it a lot, though i rarely use the sounds unprocessed though it invites to do that. It has a well designed and powerful arpeggiator, perfect for making custom patterns (i've never met anything so fast and easy to use), well defined effects (lovely reverb and delay, and a very decent filter.) and etc.

And its not _just_ a rompler. Lets just compare it a bit to Kontakt, its not just a sampler. It got a lot of stuff going on and while haven't seen a screenshot of the programmer i've been told about it.

Nothing is for everybody, but i can say that i haven't ever regret the purchase. It contains a huge selection of extremely carefully selected sounds, and nexus itself contains enough modulation possibilities to make your sound fit decently.
you must make trance?

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:29 pm
by thefool
And house for that sake :)
Nexus fits my uses perfectly, but as i said nothing is for everyone.

With the music you work with you would probably have a limited use for it. But you know, each to their own genre. I love rock too (some types. Queen, dire straits, clapton etc. The classics hehe), but I also love trance. And Pink Floyd for that sake :)

I hope not to start another "lets hate trance" race here its not what its about at all. But for that genre, yes indeed Nexus is useful, no doubt about it.

Peace, i don't want to create a war on this one here.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:32 pm
by Machinesworking
thefool wrote:
If you read the transcripe of my communication with Mike you will see that he cancelled my licence after the FIRST POLITE email asking how I transfer it to someone else.
I have read everything. What i see is you stating that you HAVE sold it, and Refx misunderstands this. You don't try to explain them that its a misunderstanding and you go attacking them. Thats what i see :/

I'm not against you personally at all, don't get it that way, but i think you really did some bad moves in this case.
I just find it funny that you of all people are calling somebody short tempered and too quick to jump to conclusions! :lol:

...and sorry, but MIke is a douche. What retard sells skins for their synths?????? Beyond that Mike just screwed him out of $399. What hardware that you buy can the seller terminate your serial number for???

Plus, I'm fucking tired of software developers taking their frustration at [k] software out on paying customers, which is exactly what this sort of thing reeks of big time.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:32 pm
by nathannn
thefool wrote:And house for that sake :)
Nexus fits my uses perfectly, but as i said nothing is for everyone.

With the music you work with you would probably have a limited use for it. But you know, each to their own genre. I love rock too (some types. Queen, dire straits, clapton etc. The classics hehe), but I also love trance. And Pink Floyd for that sake :)

I hope not to start another "lets hate trance" race here its not what its about at all. But for that genre, yes indeed Nexus is useful, no doubt about it.

Peace, i don't want to create a war on this one here.
make what you like..
i dont get people that shit on trance so much..
i actually like some of it also..
just not the stuff with cheesy female vocal lines like "im so in love with you baby, oh baby im so in love, feel the love"

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:43 pm
by thefool
Machinesworking wrote: ...and sorry, but MIke is a douche. What retard sells skins for their synths??????

Plus, I'm fucking tired of software developers taking their frustration at [k] software out on paying customers, which is exactly what this sort of thing reeks of big time.
Well don't buy the skins if you don't want to. I know a few using it in commercial productions, they bought the skins to support RefX. Its a way of donating. Now someone will say that nexus is already extremely expensive, but compared to how much usability it has, its not bad at all.

he didn't take any frustration on customers. The customer here took his frustration on RefX and before they could get anything done he sabred them down
Machinesworking wrote: I just find it funny that you of all people are calling somebody short tempered and too quick to jump to conclusions! :lol:
:)
True, i can be a bit in that direction sometimes. But in this case its just so obvious that the original poster should have taken it a bit easy instead of talking about pirating stuff and so on.

I'll tell you, if this happened between me and a company, it would never have gotten this far. The first thing i would have done was to explain myself a bit better and say it was a misunderstanding. If THAT didn't work its another case. But i don't believe that RefX would not have been open to a nice letter like that.
nathann wrote:make what you like..
i dont get people that shit on trance so much..
i actually like some of it also..
just not the stuff with cheesy female vocal lines like "im so in love with you baby, oh baby im so in love, feel the love"
We can pretty much agree of that cheesy female vocal lines hehe. But some trance pieces are just masterworks. Seriously, the way the melodies can hook you up and make you alter the state of mind, its amazing. I like anthem trance a lot. Vocal trance doesn't hit me very well. I'm more with the melodies, those are the things that makes me sparkle :)
If you want to use vocals, either do some freaking interesting lyrics that makes sense or keep quiet hehe

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:46 pm
by bleepsnbreaks
Heres my response to Mikes "no such thing as bad publicity" comment...

"Well, not according to a large percentage of people on both KVR and the Ableton forums.

Over 12000 views on the topics now, with alot of people saying they will never deal with reFX (that means you will never get money off them to put that in terms you will understand), surely you can see that as a negative response to your actions.

Why you couldnt have just been civil in the first place and said politely that you do not allow license transfers rather than telling me you are cancelling my license as a knee jerk reaction is beyond me.

I would have been a bit annoyed about the policy but wouldnt have felt the need to share the experience with the computer music community on the net as I did with your poor attitude and customer service."