Anyone use the Indigo IO ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Kodama

Anyone use the Indigo IO ?

Post by Kodama » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:45 pm

I think I've narrowed it down to this card.

What do you think about it?

What total in/out latency do you get without dropouts?

What OS are you running?

Thanks!

:D
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:03 am

The Indigo I/O shipped out to Oz was sent back (faulty) :( - so I had to get the DJ.
No idea on input latency I'm afraid.
Sounds amazing though.
Really clean output loads of punch.
10ms latency @ 24/48 in Live
3ms latency in Reason
3ms with Reaktor session also which is stupendously fast.
I'll be grabbing the I/O when the new shipment comes in.
Great sound card BTW .
The one I ordered was tested on a Toshi P20 ,IBM T41p,T42 ,Vaio ZX ,1.5PB and a brand new iBook and all of them had problems.
The DJ same order worked on all models.
So obviously this was a faulty card.
Goodluck .
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:53 am

I'd be interested to hear from someone what the total in/out latency is.

If you're getting 10ms on just the out, that sounds a little high.

Were you using ASIO?
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:01 am

is it possible to jimmy the i/o version to a way where you can use one of the outputs for monitoring and the other one for prelistening/?????
please say yes, and how do you do it.

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:35 am

Kodama I must Apologise Please note

Those latency settings where for WDM drivers 8O

I just switch over to ASIO and things look AWESOME

Are you ready...

Echo Indigo DJ
Echo Asio 2 Drivers
24bit 96khz mode
Buffer size - 512 samples
Input latency - 5ms
Output latency - 5ms
Total latency - 10ms

But it gets better :D

Test No.2

Same config as above - 24bit 96khz mode

Buffer size - 256 samples
Input Latency - 3ms
Output Latency - 2ms
Total latency - 5ms

Not a SINGLE - glitch ,pop ,crackle or scrap of zipper noise
(Running the 3.0.4 and 3.0.1a demo files)

I've gotta get me an Idigo I/O that works cause that is stupendously low latency.
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:03 pm

Anyone got an Echo Indigo I/O we can compare with ...
The stats on my IndigoDJ are smokin' so if anyone has an I/O could they post the results .
For Kodama and myself actually :oops: .

rEalm

Post by rEalm » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:03 pm

Sorry to hijack, but what sort of problems was the IO giving you? I just picked one up myself, and I'm having all sorts of playback issues with it. So far no word from Echo tech support either, so I'm trying to see if others are having the same issues as me.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:15 pm

To the prelistening question- The IO only has 2 out, but I think a new feature of Live is to be able to use a seperate card (I.E, the built in one) to monitor with.

To the other person axing about flawed ones, Fax was saying that all of the ones sent to Australia at one point were busted.

-Now- I would *still* like to hear someone's lowest total sustainable in/out latency using the ASIO driver in Live with the Indigo IO.

Thanks!

Bumper Car

Post by Bumper Car » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:40 pm

Bump!

scotty

Post by scotty » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:52 am

Bump as well but mostly to know what Fax's problems with the card were.
I bought the IO to use for a show but because of strange non-repeatable pops that happened in Live when the card was plugged in, I was unable to use it for the show. Anyway... very curious to know Fax's problems... if there is a known issue with the cards than maybe I stand a chance to get a replacement from Echo.

thanks,
scotty

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:50 am

"non-repeatable" ?

So it's OK now?

What about the original question about what's sustainable total in/out latency you get?

Also what os you have.

Thanks!

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:53 am

The ones we tested didn't or did do the following ....

1) output audio no input audio or vice versa .
2) have some what glitchy operation at any latency setting
3) Freeze the computer on power up NB:on the texas instrument based chipset the problem was solved by simply pulling the card.
On the Toshi's and Sony's we'd get a system freeze.
4)Similar results in both the ibook and Powerbook.

That said the distributor said they've had a lrge number of this batch returned with only a handful working correctly and working I might add in the Toshi / IBM and PB's we tried out.

The Indigo DJ however worked a treat on all of them straight off.
I might just get myself a USB mobile mic pre for filed recording work and be done with it.
Might be the easier option ans the Indigo DJ card itself sounds quite amazing as a matter of fact :).

scotty

Post by scotty » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:19 pm

FaX-01 wrote:The ones we tested didn't or did do the following ....

2) have some what glitchy operation at any latency setting
3) Freeze the computer on power up NB:on the texas instrument based chipset the problem was solved by simply pulling the card.
On the Toshi's and Sony's we'd get a system freeze.
4)Similar results in both the ibook and Powerbook.

That said the distributor said they've had a lrge number of this batch returned with only a handful working correctly and working I might add in the Toshi / IBM and PB's we tried out.
Thanks FaX-01 for the info... I'm on a powerbook and experienced #2 and #4 (the freezes on start-up and occassional problems waking from sleep).

Kodama... Sorry for the confusion... I still do have the problems that I mentioned. By "non-repeatable" I meant that the same situation did not create the same glitchy output all of the time. For example, I noticed a pop during playback of one of my clips in Live. Subsequent playback of the same clip did not yield an identical pop at the same moment in the loop.... that's what I meant by non-repeatable. As for what the pops/glitches that I experience sound like... from what I recall they were similar to the noises that happen when you sweep the buffer size setting in Live's preferences.

cool... guess I'll write to echo soon and see if they will replace my card.

thanks!
scotty

DjFred

Post by DjFred » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:51 pm

Anyone Else?

MarkH

Post by MarkH » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:15 pm

I'll be blunt. :)

1) Echo Indigo DJ
2) Aluminum Powerbook 1.5, Panther
3) Ableton Live 3.04
4) Coreaudio buffer set to 256
5) Input latency 5ms, output latency 5ms

Total latency if monitoring an external hardware synth through Live and being processed with VST effects, 10ms. Your ears will not perceive latency this low, but you can still take it down further if you want.

Comes with gold plated 1/8" -> RCA stereo cable. Perfect for plugging into a Pioneer DJM 500 or other DJ mixer. Also comes with gold plated RCA -> 1/4" adapters in case you plug directly into an analog mixing board like Mackie 32 buss or even directly into professional monitors such as Mackie HR824 or M-Audio BX8. The bottom of the card clearly labels the Indigo DJ which side is Output 1-2 and Output 3-4 so you know where to plug your headphones into. I own both the Indigo DJ and the Indigo I/O. Same driver support both cards, I just swap out whichever I need. Recording input is crystal clear and these cards support 24/96 which really makes them a bargain at $179 street price.

Good luck,
MarkH