Novation Nocturn instant mappings! (download)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
simpleton

Post by simpleton » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:53 pm

Yo synchro, will Live 8 finally have native support for the Nocturn? as they have for the other Novation controllers. Oh, and one other thing... when one copies your text file to the User Remote Scripts folder, do you overwrite the existing txt file or should we rename it or something?
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

Loose Lip

Post by Loose Lip » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:57 pm

What you have to do it create a folder in the user remote scripts called 'Nocturn' and drop DJSyncro's file into your newly created folder.

When you get back into Preferences in live, you will see that at the bottom of your control surfaces list you will see 'Nocturn' or what ever you are adding.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:04 pm

^^Got it now Lips. Heck I should be able to modify this and use it for my other unruly controller the Edirol PCR-1, right?
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

Loose Lip

Post by Loose Lip » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Exactly - shame I can't get it working!!!

I get the principal of what it does i.e. allows you to map a standard deafult set of CC# against Ableton's hard coded Encoders which is great, but it just doesn't work for me.

I use a lot of the devices - as much as VSTS so to be able to control them without creating project specific midi mappings would really open things up for me.

I'm wondering whether I have set up the 'Track On, Sync On, Remote On' combination incorrectly?

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:28 pm

DO you get it working?

I just ordered my nocturn..... all I hope is that all that great stuff won't conflict with my farmpad/padkontrol + faderfox LV2 control-combo...

That will be really sweet, I know it !!

thanks for the instant mapping file !!!

eeh, I've got a dumb question: does this allows using automapped vst's and ableton racks and browser and stuff SIMULTANEOUSLY ????

cheeers viva nocturna

Loose Lip

Re: Novation Nocturn instant mappings! (download)

Post by Loose Lip » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:25 pm

If you mean can half of the nocturn control a vst and the other half control an auto filter I believe that is a no but you could midi map 8 separate controls to a range of Ableton devices in a single project but you can't reuse those midi mappings elsewhere (I don't think)

Actually is that right? Does anyone know? Can you save Midi mappings i.e. mapping a nocturn user bank to auto-filter controls using midi mapping and then call that mapping uyp for another project?

At the moment I think you have to re do the mappings. They can't be transferred between sets/projects.

djsynchro

Re:

Post by djsynchro » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:59 pm

Loose Lip wrote:Oh yes. It's there. Its weird. I even have the midi light going on and off in top bar now - I click track 'On' so the automap is sending data to ableton.
Preferences -->> MIDI in controllers select "Nocturn" input and output "Automap Midi" Below that "Midi Ports" set both the Automap/Nocturn in and out to "Remote".

Loose Lip

Re: Re:

Post by Loose Lip » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:29 pm

djsynchro wrote:
Loose Lip wrote:Oh yes. It's there. Its weird. I even have the midi light going on and off in top bar now - I click track 'On' so the automap is sending data to ableton.
Preferences -->> MIDI in controllers select "Nocturn" input and output "Automap Midi" Below that "Midi Ports" set both the Automap/Nocturn in and out to "Remote".
OK yeah that's what I have. Apparently you can't use Pick-Up option. Need to switch that off.

WIll report back.

Cheers DJSynchro.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:20 pm

Loose Lip wrote:If you mean can half of the nocturn control a vst and the other half control an auto filter I believe that is a no
Ok for that, but I wondered if that was possible to toggle between multiple automaps for vst"s AND one midi map to control ableton racks or mixer...

so that would be possible , in a same project, live set, to have control over vst's AND live devices with different nocturn pages...

But I guess I'll find the answer soon as I get my nocturn shipped !

still waiting...

Cheers

twoandtwo

Post by twoandtwo » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:35 pm

does this also work with automap 3 (pro) yet?
i can´t get it to... :|

moodyman

Post by moodyman » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:19 pm

does this also work with automap 3 (pro) yet?
i can´t get it to... :|
yes, it works perfect with automap 3

twoandtwo

Post by twoandtwo » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:05 pm

doesn´t work for me at all.
what did i do wrong?
Last edited by twoandtwo on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:49 pm

monstrejumo wrote: Ok for that, but I wondered if that was possible to toggle between multiple automaps for vst"s AND one midi map to control ableton racks or mixer...
Cheers
Yes! :D

twoandtwo

Post by twoandtwo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:59 pm

why, oh why won´t this work for me???

aMUSEd

Post by aMUSEd » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:05 pm

So if I buy this can I turn rack macro knobs or VSTi knobs in session view and record the automation (even though I can't if I do it with my mouse)?