Time Signatures and Warping

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mag_Music

Time Signatures and Warping

Post by Mag_Music » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:18 am

Sorry if this is something everyone already knows. I was just warping a piece (by hand, since Live insisted on doing so at twice the correct tempo) and needed to switch time signatures, but couldn't find any way to make that change in the warp markers. I added the changes in the main window (in arrangement view) and that was fine, but those changes were not reflected in the clip view. In fact, the measure numbers in the main window and in the clip view aren't even in sync. I can't really proceed from here; does anyone know how to handle this situation?
What it is (for Now): (2) Lenovo Dual Core desktops, Edirol PCR-800, Sonar 8.5 PE, Live 8 w/Operator and Sampler, the unloved PT 8, Kontakt 4, Battery 3, GPO 4, mulititudinous plugs and libraries, much unused hardware. And... silence; much silence.

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:38 am

you have to change the time sig on the clip as well...look aaaaalllllll the way to the left of the clip properties view, right under colip color and clip name...

Mag_Music

Post by Mag_Music » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:15 am

Yes, Mike, but that changes the scale for the entire clip, not just from the current point on, so that wouldn't work for me. I need to mark a switch to and from a signature different than the main one the piece is in. I just checked the manual and I don't see any reference to this, which doesn't make sense. If you enter a sig change in Arrangement view, shouldn't it also effect any clips playing at that point? And if not, how can you coordinate warping operations with sig changes? This doesn't look good, so far.
What it is (for Now): (2) Lenovo Dual Core desktops, Edirol PCR-800, Sonar 8.5 PE, Live 8 w/Operator and Sampler, the unloved PT 8, Kontakt 4, Battery 3, GPO 4, mulititudinous plugs and libraries, much unused hardware. And... silence; much silence.

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:25 am

I think your going to have to consolidate/split clips wherever there is a time sig change. I usually work in session view and this is how i gotta do it there, im guessing arrangement is the same. just split the clip where you have defined a new time sig an move to the next one.

Mag_Music

Post by Mag_Music » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:59 am

I'll give it a try. Thanks.