Wyoming

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:15 am

Tone Deft wrote:speaking of redneck justice
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/01/us/01texas.html
I heard the audio recording of that 911 call. Scary shit, but still thought it was pretty cool that some guy stepped up to the plate to stop his neighbor's house from being robbed while the police lagged. Some people just need to invest in non lethal bullets.

I don't know how plentiful the women are in Wyoming but my friend's wife originated from there and is the total girl next door that cooks, cleans, takes care of the kids, let's him do his thing, and doesn't drain him financially or mentally. But if bitchy high maintenance city women are your thing then that may not appeal to you.

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:35 am

I forgot about the shepard incident, i thought it was iowa or missouri. I hate rednecks. Ill probably take the job tonight and be on the ground in three to four weeks. Ill post pictures when I get there.

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:53 am

I spent a couple weeks driving through Wyoming about 10 years ago.
Unreal part of the world - Go for days without seeing a soul.

Drove from Winnipeg through north and south dakota and into wyoming to yellowstone and back again. Would love to do it again one day.

mantaraffu

Post by mantaraffu » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:00 pm

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:40 pm

well I don't know anything about the place and I'm a foreigner, but speaking from a more general perspective, if you're single and unattached with no kids you should suck up all the experience you can get - remember you'll just look back on it one day as something you did for a little while for the experience

but the rent free place to make tunes sounds like a major plus

maybe get Jack Kerouacs 'the Dharma bums' from the library and read about his experiences as a fire spotter - that always sounded cool to me and look at what he did with his time

when you're tied down with a family you'll really wish you'd done more of that kind of shit

lvehon

Post by lvehon » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:25 pm

If you do go you gotta go here

Lake Solitude, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been

three

Post by three » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:39 pm

lvehon wrote: Lake Solitude, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been
The Beartooth mountains in Wyoming are probably my favorite spot anywhere in the western mountains outside of the Kananaksis. Another little tip...

Enjoy!

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:44 pm

beats me wrote:
I heard the audio recording of that 911 call. Scary shit, but still thought it was pretty cool that some guy stepped up to the plate to stop his neighbor's house from being robbed while the police lagged. Some people just need to invest in non lethal bullets.

You see, it's stories like this in which my Liberal tendencies run smack into a Big Fat Republican Conservative Asshole Brick Wall. Fuck those assholes. He should have shot the fuckers again for good measure, then kicked them in the balls. Motherfuckers. Fuck them. The fact that he apparently shot them in the back as they were fleeing is just adding the 'poetic' to poetic justice. Fucking douchebags.

The illegal immigrant spin that's being applied to this whole story is nothing short of appalling. Two 'poor, poor men from Columbia who both have cancer and walked all the way from Bogota and just wanted a few scraps of bread to feed their starving families were shot by a crazy white Texan. Will there be no justice for these two hard working individuals who just wanted to be American Citizens?' Please.

My neighbors can't lift a fucking finger to keep their shithole dogs from barking or discipline their tyrant fucking children once in a while, let alone kill someone for me.

Last edited by landrvr1 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:48 pm

landrvr1 wrote:
beats me wrote:

You see, it's stories like this in which my Liberal tendencies run smack into a Big Fat Republican Conservative Asshole Brick Wall. Fuck those assholes. He should have shot the fuckers again for good measure, then kicked them in the balls. Motherfuckers. Fuck them. The fact that he apparently shot them in the back as they were fleeing is just adding the 'poetic' to poetic justice. Fucking douchebags.

My neighbors can't life a fucking finger to keep their shithole dogs from barking or discipline their tyrant fucking children once in a while, let alone kill someone for me.

wow, you're a died in the wool asshole. funny, this shit totally sets off my liberal-alarm.

from the call
“I’m not going to let them get away with it,” he told the emergency operator. “I’m going to shoot.” He added, “I’m going to kill them.”

The operator repeatedly told Mr. Horn not to shoot, and the police had just arrived at the scene when Mr. Horn fired three blasts of 00 buckshot from his 12-gauge, striking the men in their backs.
what kind of sick fuck wants to kill another human being, it was pre-meditated murder. over what? the inbred chickenshit shot the guys in the back, what an asshole.

Rover - what do you own that's worth two human lives?

oh, and to both you tw@s - I've stopped several crimes and have never owned a gun.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, guitars, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:07 pm

Tone Deft wrote:Rover - what the fuck do you own that's worth more two human lives?
A 1981 Gibson Explorer E2?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:09 pm

landrvr1 wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:Rover - what the fuck do you own that's worth more two human lives?
that guitar is worthless without the hair products.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, guitars, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:10 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
landrvr1 wrote:
Now THAT's uncalled for.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:13 pm

landrvr1 wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
landrvr1 wrote: A 1981 Gibson Explorer E2?
Now THAT's uncalled for.
OK, you're right, sorry, with the right tights and makeup a wig would suffice, no hair products required.

Texas - nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
(what movie <sans the Texas part>?)

soundcloud.com/tone-deft

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:14 pm

The Texas Penal Code allows the use of deadly force if the “actor reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary.” Deadly force can also be used to protect property when “the other is fleeing immediately after committing burglary.”

The California Penal Code allows the use of a really mean look if the "actor reasonably believes that a really mean look is immediately necessary." A really mean look can also be used to protect property when "“the other is fleeing immediately after committing burglary."

Did you prevent these crimes with the Really Mean Look, or threaten to lecture them to death?

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:15 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
what do you own that's worth two human lives?

Everything?
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.