Wyoming

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:48 pm

Anyways, Wyoming yeah; beautiful place!
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:50 pm

Tone,
Simply put; don't come to Texas and rob people. People own lots of guns here and don't mind shooting you to protect their stuff.
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:51 pm

gun control - it's one of those issues people have stances on, we're not going to change each other's minds.

even if it was legally OK for me to kill someone I would not pull the trigger, you speak of murder as a right, that's fucked up, IMO. in time I could not reconcile a few hundred dollars of stuff over shooting two men in the back. even if crime dropped to zero in my community because of it, I do not want to kill people, except the people on this forum, every monday morning.

I do now get a better look at why Bush has his utter disregard for the sanctity of life. I mean, I knew it but wow you people exist.

there are very good reasons I don't live in Texas or other areas of the country, I do not respect many areas of this country, their laws, their cultural norms, their views on life. my opinion, your opinion, some things we're not going to change our minds on.

and umm all the name calling and stuff stays in this thread, all in good fun and debate. ya fucking cunt!! ;) <-- emphasis on this
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:54 pm

Tone Deft wrote:gun control - it's one of those issues people have stances on, we're not going to change each other's minds.

even if it was legally OK for me to kill someone I would not pull the trigger, you speak of murder as a right, that's fucked up, IMO. in time I could not reconcile a few hundred dollars of stuff over shooting two men in the back. even if crime dropped to zero in my community because of it, I do not want to kill people, except the people on this forum, every monday morning.

there are very good reasons I don't live in Texas or other areas of the country, I do not respect many areas of this country, their laws, their cultural norms, their views on life. my opinion, your opinion, some things we're not going to change our minds on.

and umm all the name calling and stuff stays in this thread, all in good fun and debate. ya fucking cunt!! ;) <-- emphasis on this
I don't want to kill people either. I am waiting for the mothership and the land of euphoric utopia but, in the mean time I have to deal with the hand I have been dealt.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:02 pm

Moody wrote:in the mean time I have to deal with the hand I have been dealt.
I feel ya there. that's why I don't get too in depth on OT, most of it is full of sad truths, so I play music instead.

while we're beating this horse... the race card. any thoughts on that? personally I don't go there when it's not obvious, any thoughts? if the white guy was an illegal hispanic and the hispanics were legal whites what would happen, aside from deportation from being caught.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:03 pm

Moody wrote:Shooting someone to disable them is far outside the law.
For Tone, this has nothing to do with Law. This has to do with some ultra-fucked up sense of Liberal Justice. "Hey buddy, thanks for stealing my neighbors' shit. Did you rape his wife and 6 year old girl too? You did?! That wasn't very nice of you! What's that? This gun I have? Aw, don't worry about it. I'm going to fire a little warning shot, but I'll count to ten first. You just be sure to duck. I'd give you my Mean Look and all, but I just got a new Virus TI and I'm way too geeked to be pissed. Will you two promise not to rob or hurt anyone else? You will. Sweet! See yas! Peace!

Okay, okay. Let's get serious now.

Do I rejoice that these two fuckers are dead? No.

Do I think this guy was trigger happy? Yes.

Do I think he was just 'itchin'' to kill two brown people? Had a real hard-on to kill someone his whole life and, gosh darn it, 'here's my chance'! No.

Do I think that if you've got the balls to rob someone you shouldn't be surprised if you get those balls blown off my a crazy neighbor - or the home owner? Yes.

Do I think that they should have done a bit of fucking homework and discovered that they are about to commit a burglary in Texas - a state where every motherfucker has a gun and is ready to use it? Fuck yes.

Do I think these guys really deserved to be killed? If I answer that the shooter should have also cut off their heads and took a deuce down their gaping bloody neck holes will that make me an even bigger 'dyed in the wool asshole'? Because that's a tough one.

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:09 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
Moody wrote:in the mean time I have to deal with the hand I have been dealt.
I feel ya there. that's why I don't get too in depth on OT, most of it is full of sad truths, so I play music instead.

while we're beating this horse... the race card. any thoughts on that? personally I don't go there when it's not obvious, any thoughts? if the white guy was an illegal hispanic and the hispanics were legal whites what would happen, aside from deportation from being caught.
Sad truth, it may not have been as great. Although; the system is not necessarily race based as it is monetary. Your choice in lawyer has more to do with beating the system then your race does any day.

Music and Art will hoepfully save us all. Amen to that!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:15 pm

landrvr1 wrote:For Tone, this has nothing to do with Law. This has to do with some ultra-fucked up sense of Liberal Justice.
don't put words in other peoples' mouths, if you don't understand what I'm saying I'll use smaller words. people should not be killing people, unless that person is George Bush.
"Hey buddy, thanks for stealing my neighbors' shit. Did you rape his wife and 6 year old girl too? You did?! That wasn't very nice of you! What's that?
hyperbole. introducing rape into the debate? that's only a sign you're out of a viable defense.
This gun I have? Aw, don't worry about it. I'm going to fire a little warning shot, but I'll count to ten first. You just be sure to duck. I'd give you my Mean Look and all,
again, gun control means more than using two hands. it's called responsible gun ownership. registering it, locking it up, storing it unloaded, knowing how to aim and use it.
but you seem to be saying that it's right that they're dead. by law they should be dead.
agreed.
Do I think he was just 'itchin'' to kill two brown people? Had a real hard-on to kill someone his whole life and, gosh darn it, 'here's my chance'! No.
FFS he told the operator, "I'm going to kill those guys" - sounds like he had a hard on for some 'Texas justice.' I'd bet that those two could've dropped the loot, put their hands up and given up and still been shot dead.
Do I think that if you've got the balls to rob someone you shouldn't be surprised if you get those balls blown off my a crazy neighbor - or the home owner? Yes.
that's so American of you to have guns at the forefront of your thoughts. that's part of the core of what's so fucked up about this country.
Do I think that they should have done a bit of fucking homework and discovered that they are about to commit a burglary in Texas - a state where every motherfucker has a gun and is ready to use it? Fuck yes.
a couple of illegals in Texas might have to do whatever the hell they have to do, even if it's risking jail time, life's a bitch.
Do I think these guys really deserved to be killed? Because that's a tough one.
just answer the question. you seem to be saying it's right that they were killed. capital punishment for petty theft, no trial necessary, that man saved Texas thousands of dollars and valuable court time, he deserves a medal.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:16 pm

landrvr1 wrote:
Moody wrote:Shooting someone to disable them is far outside the law.
For Tone, this has nothing to do with Law. This has to do with some ultra-fucked up sense of Liberal Justice. "Hey buddy, thanks for stealing my neighbors' shit. Did you rape his wife and 6 year old girl too? You did?! That wasn't very nice of you! What's that? This gun I have? Aw, don't worry about it. I'm going to fire a little warning shot, but I'll count to ten first. You just be sure to duck. I'd give you my Mean Look and all, but I just got a new Virus TI and I'm way too geeked to be pissed. Will you two promise not to rob or hurt anyone else? You will. Sweet! See yas! Peace!

Okay, okay. Let's get serious now.

Do I think these guys really deserved to be killed? If I answer that the shooter should have also cut off their heads and took a deuce down their gaping bloody neck holes will that make me an even bigger 'dyed in the wool asshole'? Because that's a tough one.

Yeah, it is easy to say take my stuff when it is insured and you are not home but, being home is a different story. It is also different when you have had nothing your whole life and someone decides to steal that guitar you finally could buy for yourself and then some bastard thinks it is their right to come take it from you. Perspective is key in every event and in TX I guess there is still that trickle of blood where someone stealing your horse is the greatest sin.(That was a metaphor.)

Moody

Post by Moody » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:19 pm

When can we visit you in Wyoming? I will bring my gun. :P

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:26 pm

Moody wrote:When can we visit you in Wyoming? I will bring my gun. :P
I'll meet you at Bill Carson's grave, bring a shovel.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:28 pm

ThrowAway - What's this job all about? Mobile? Are you going to be working at a gas station or something?

As far as girls go... forget it. And if there is a girl out there that you meet and like, you'll have like 18 arctic children before spring arrives. ;)

dcease

Post by dcease » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:03 pm

texas or not, someone breaks into my home, while my family sleeps, and i have the opportunity, i will slit their fucking throats. fuck a piece of shit who pulls that pussy move. they obviously have zero respect for human life, i have zero respect for them.

do it when no one is home. and fuck injuring someone. death is the only solution for scum like that. if i did the same, i'd expect the same. people look for revenge, i'd rather not give them that chance, or the chance to ruin someone else's life.

tuff love. i gives a fuck.

and the guy got off 8) you know the rules, you chose to play the game. no sympathy.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:27 pm

uhhhh, i don't think you get it.

these were two unarmed men who were robbing the neighbors house. homeboy shot them both in the back.

it's foul and it's not even close to self defense or protection of property. it is murder, plain and simple.

if the two guys were local white kids it would have been a different story, i can tell you that much, g.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:55 pm