FS: Electric and Tension

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
noiselevel

FS: Electric and Tension

Post by noiselevel » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:56 pm

I want to sell
Electric for 90 Euro and
Tension for 90 Euro.

Greetz

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:12 pm

Not to insult you (more like I'm insulting the Abes...), but I'd buy Electric for maybe $50 tops. Sorry, bro. Sorry, Abes. :)

aisling

Post by aisling » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:04 pm

nebulae wrote:Not to insult you (more like I'm insulting the Abes...), but I'd buy Electric for maybe $50 tops. Sorry, bro. Sorry, Abes. :)
yeah, no offense to the poster, but for such an amazing app, the vi's suck the big cock.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:07 pm

^ I'll disagree on the native Ableton plugs (Sampler, Operator, Simpler, Impulse -- these are excellent), but any of the addons (AAS) and the other "content" that comes with each release just doesn't live up to the Ableton name.

kiwipicker

Post by kiwipicker » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:14 pm

Disagree Nebulae.
Electric, Tension and Analog are all excellent. As a former piano player, I find that these instruments are very expressive for soft synths.

aisling

Post by aisling » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:16 pm

nebulae wrote:^ I'll disagree on the native Ableton plugs (Sampler, Operator, Simpler, Impulse -- these are excellent), but any of the addons (AAS) and the other "content" that comes with each release just doesn't live up to the Ableton name.
Your actually right in that regard, I should have clarified. I was just being a jerk rubbing salt on the wound.

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:27 pm

kiwipicker wrote:Disagree Nebulae.
Electric, Tension and Analog are all excellent. As a former piano player, I find that these instruments are very expressive for soft synths.
Cool. Glad they work out for you. :)

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:14 am

They work for me too. Great plugins. Electric is the most responsive electric piano vst around. Tension is a lot of fun and capable of some very bizarre sounds as well as string instrument emulation.

What I think is objective for many live users is the need to have a dedicated electric piano plugin. Ditto a physical string modeller, kotos and zithers are not very prominent in techno and progressive house or tarnce.

You all want your multi oscillating, phat filters, big sounding analog synths such as your zebras and massive and reaktor synths etc. I would agree that Analog only partially satisfies that need, and that the supplied presets are not Earth shattering. The GUI is a bit awkward too compared to the eye candy of Zebra etc. But it is a powerful synth and stuff like the covert operators number cruncher set shows it off a lot better.

Anyway, my 2c
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:04 pm

although I could live a happy life without 'Analog'...
I really dig 'Tension' und 'Electric'...

as a whole....
I dislike live v7...

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:28 pm

3dot... wrote:
as a whole....
I dislike live v7...
I'd (respectfully) be interested in hearing you exdpand on this. What is it about 7 that you dislike. 8)

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:59 pm

you realise that if this is a suite version you can't actually sell the plugs seperate right? at least I don't think you can.

the reason I ask is cause most people wouldn't actually purchase these plugs seperate as the suite is such a better deal it's almost a no brainer.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.