Alot of People Want to Know What Hiphop is

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
elxicano

Post by elxicano » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:21 pm

EgAD wrote:
elxicano wrote:
EgAD wrote:good answer if not mundane but here is another hint.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Ms4kZ_aX8&NR=1

I just want to dance like this dude... I bet he gets all the ladies with smooth moves like that.

....as for Hip Hop, please ask Bill O'Rielly. He's an expert on the subject.
this was your first post dude you never had anything to say. either shut the fuck up or be civil and contribute. hiphop heads get together all the time and talk about what yo supposedly know so much about already, it's a positive thing so i don't know why you're getting your feelings all hurt. so do you want to talk about the cipher or what if not then scat...agitate the gravel.
damn... missed this! Big ol' pic of fiddy and I missed this! I know I said enough but you are just too much fun.

Maybe you should find my second post? Maybe you should find your other posts too???

Who the fuck is asking about feelings now? I said this was nauseating and you got all butt hurt. You could have just ignored it... you didn't respond to my first post and there was no conversation, was there?

Now you want to tell me to scat? shut the fuck up and go kick rocks.

Talk about being civil? Since when is making baseless assumptions apart of civility? You accused me of being angry cuz it mentioned hiphop... is that still the point you're running with now? You accusing me of not knowing what you're talking about? Is that still your pont too?

You make this out like it was supposed to be a gathering of heads talking about what they know, but look at your posts... how many times did you tell people they don't get it? Who the fuck are you to judge?

I tell you I get it and you get butt hurt... sorry I didn't know they made vaseline for the brutal truth, but I'll look into it for your sake.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:22 pm

EgAD wrote:
elxicano wrote:
EgAD wrote:good answer if not mundane but here is another hint.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Ms4kZ_aX8&NR=1

I just want to dance like this dude... I bet he gets all the ladies with smooth moves like that.

....as for Hip Hop, please ask Bill O'Rielly. He's an expert on the subject.
this was your first post dude you never had anything to say. either shut the fuck up or be civil and contribute. hiphop heads get together all the time and talk about what yo supposedly know so much about already, it's a positive thing so i don't know why you're getting your feelings all hurt. so do you want to talk about the cipher or what if not then scat...agitate the gravel.
damn... missed this! Big ol' pic of fiddy and I missed this! I know I said enough but you are just too much fun.

Maybe you should find my second post? Maybe you should find your other posts too???

Who the fuck is asking about feelings now? I said this was nauseating and you got all butt hurt. You could have just ignored it... you didn't respond to my first post and there was no conversation, was there?

Now you want to tell me to scat? shut the fuck up and go kick rocks.

Talk about being civil? Since when is making baseless assumptions apart of civility? You accused me of being angry cuz it mentioned hiphop... is that still the point you're running with now? You accusing me of not knowing what you're talking about? Is that still your pont too?

You make this out like it was supposed to be a gathering of heads talking about what they know, but look at your posts... how many times did you tell people they don't get it? Who the fuck are you to judge?

I tell you I get it and you get butt hurt... sorry I didn't know they made vaseline for the brutal truth, but I'll look into it for your sake.

EgAD

Post by EgAD » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:32 pm

ok i see where you started catching feelings, you thought i was judging people by clarifying to them that their responses were not the part of the meaning I was talking about, like where i told machines working that i agreed with him but that thats not the type of definition the thread is about
well i see your misunderstandng but if you weren't such a dick you could see it too, you told me that you weren't attacking me but that you were attacking the thread. whats that all about, it's un-called for and uncessary to attack anything. besides your attacks are soft and pudgy and can only withstand the lowest of microwave settings.

it could have been a gathering, but you fucked that up, now its just me and you playin a game of retard......you win.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:47 pm

EgAD wrote:ok i see where you started catching feelings, you thought i was judging people by clarifying to them that their responses were not the part of the meaning I was talking about, like where i told machines working that i agreed with him but that thats not the type of definition the thread is about
well i see your misunderstandng but if you weren't such a dick you could see it too, you told me that you weren't attacking me but that you were attacking the thread. whats that all about, it's un-called for and uncessary to attack anything. besides your attacks are soft and pudgy and can only withstand the lowest of microwave settings.

it could have been a gathering, but you fucked that up, now its just me and you playin a game of retard......you win.
My God... still a drama queen.

There were no misunderstandings... Its why I responded the way I did when I saw your responses. It was nauseating. That was the only feeling I experienced while reading your original posts.

You're not a victim. Believe me if this were just me attacking you I would have lost interest a long time ago.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:16 pm

Here is the definitive explanation of what Hip Hop is.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... %202&hl=en
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:55 pm

kb420 wrote:Here is the definitive explanation of what Hip Hop is.

DAMN!!!!

nice post. 8)
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:39 am

lvehon wrote:http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=wyk5Sb7ADi4

Ahh the good old days

very nice. takes me back. shit. we're old.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Sleep Tyght

Post by Sleep Tyght » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:25 am

You wanna know what's hip hop?

No do you REALLY WANNA KNOW what this hip hop shit is all about???

It's about breaking your foot and fourth toe yesterday, and still doing squats/leg presses and walking around on that shit without even knowing it.

I woke up this morning with my foot looking like John Merrick's face.

Yup.

I'm gangsta. (Or pretty dumb)

Werd.
Whatever Doesn't Kill You, Only Makes You Stranger.

Patch

Post by Patch » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:38 am

I wrote:Rap is something you do.
Hip-hop is something you live.
(KRS-ONE)

There are 4 elements (wisely called the 4 Elements of Hip-Hop) of Hip-Hop:

1) Graffiti
2) Scratchin'
3) Breakdancing
4) MC'ing

NO MENTION OF RAP WHATSOEVER!

The difference between a rapper and an MC? An MC lives the culture. A rapper lives in an MTV music video. (Ho's/Bling/Guns...)

I miss Hip-Hop.
Tone Deft wrote: thanks Patch.

how many elements there are to hip hop and what they are is an argument that will never end but is by far and away more accurate than this shit egad is spouting. some people put history (knowledge of self, self as an African American) and education of Black History in there and it gets deeper.

for me I've stuck to the 5 elements theory.
rap
beat boxing
break dancing
graffiti
turntablism/DJing

yes, "rap is what you do, hip hop is how you live."
KRS-One

and +1 to the Mos Def quote early in this thread "hip hop is not some giant living on a mountaintop."
Damn - I can't believe we both missed the REAL 5th Element (as defined by Afrika Bambaata - and if HE ain't qualified, No-ONE is!!!)

"There are 4 Elements in the world of Hip-Hop
Graffiti
Breaking
DJs
and MCs

But BEHOLD! The 5th Element...

KNOWLEDGE!

OVERSTANDING!"

Patch

Post by Patch » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:41 am

Also - Hip-Hop is a politician slamming hip-hop/hip-hoppers after a shooting at ta school in America.

Then finding out that the shooter was white.

And a Goth. (A GOTH, for fucks sake...)

And the politician STILL blaming hip-hop.

Good to see Jam Master Jay didn't die for nuthin' (but a G thang, baby)

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:07 am

fuck all those other links.

REAL hip hop:

http://www.signmovies.net/videos/music/ ... ibbin.html

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:53 pm

spreader of butter

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:14 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:fuck all those other links.

REAL hip hop:

I spent about ten years in a really small town, and I still look at that stuff and think at some point they're going to just come out and say "Hey just kidding! We aren't really that intolerant and evil!"

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:48 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:fuck all those other links.

REAL hip hop:

.lm.
lm, my wigga

peace out...

kb420

Post by kb420 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:05 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
kb420 wrote:Here is the definitive explanation of what Hip Hop is.

DAMN!!!!

nice post. 8)

That's the real.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-