CU

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:04 pm

Timur wrote:By the way, this discussion proves why I need my account to be deleted.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:03 pm

sometimes you need to flush twice.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:43 pm

Please just make him go away. :!:
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:46 pm

I never got the hostility Timur was subject to.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:14 pm

It's because he does bad things and paints himself as the good guy.

If you read Tumour's posts you'd think that Live barely worked at all, that the coders are a small sub-department of marketing and the Support department was staffed by one lonely crack addled chimp .

The reality of course is very different. Ableton Support is noted as some of the best, the application is at least comparable to any other DAW as far as bugs go.

While everyone else simply spots problems in their lives and navigates around them, Tumour seems absolutely unable to do so - he is drawn to them. Tumour must spend his entire life not actually making music but finding some over-complex reason NOT to make music. He takes the worst path possible and then cries foul when he falls over.

He talks a good game, but it's all ego-driven bullshit. Think about it ... why hasn't he sold Live if it is so bad? If he is so committed to getting the best performance - why the hell persist with Live on Vista? simple .. he's a procrastinator of the highest order with attention seeking issues.

Read what Ableton Support have to say about him and see what you think then:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?p=796817#796817
[nis] wrote: my first assumption was that the driver of your RME interface does not work properly. You completely ignored this theory from the first moment on. Nevertheless I was kindly asking for various things to isolate your problem a bit, just so that we could look into the right spot or successfully reproduce your problem.
You haven't been very cooperative to say the least. I contacted RME to find out more about their drivers. They literally left me alone in the dark - all I got was "our drivers work fine. must be a bug in your software" (it wasn't MC, though).

We then did some more tests on other Vista machines and eventually found various problems indeed, but still didn't had any clue or an exact explanation of what's going wrong, so we forwarded everything to our development for further testing. As you can imagine, our developers are busy with writing software code all day long, so it is not easy for them to find a few hours of time to test a user's specific hardware problem. However, thankfully they took the time and looked into your problem.
In the meantime you were spamming the forums all over with your crap, claiming that everything works perfect in Reaper, whereas I found various problems with Reaper and other hosts on the computer where we have been reproducing the problems. You totally denied this, which kinda turned this into a completely counter-productive support case.

Our developers looked into your problem, and eventually found out that - guess what? - something was wrong with the priorities OF THE RME DRIVER.

The story continues: our developers even coded a test version just for you Mr. Timur which would have solved the problem with the RME driver, but could have introduced different problems with other audio hardware, so we were holding it back to give it some thorough testing. However, I emailed you our findings about the driver priorities which was on a Friday afternoon if my memory serves me well.

When I came back on Monday, I found a response from you, where you claimed that YOU already found the cause of these problems, that YOU had been "faster than us", because you couldn't wait any longer for our slow and incompetent support. That same weekend you posted your bullshit into the forums, explaining to all others that YOU are such a smart guy and that the Ableton support was too slow and too incompetent.

Crash

Post by Crash » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:44 pm

Angstrom wrote:While everyone else simply spots problems in their lives and navigates around them, Tumour seems absolutely unable to do so - he is drawn to them. Tumour must spend his entire life not actually making music but finding some over-complex reason NOT to make music. He takes the worst path possible and then cries foul when he falls over.
Just because you repeat this nonsense doesn't make it true. I am making music. Thank you for your worries about my well-being.
He talks a good game, but it's all ego-driven bullshit. Think about it ... why hasn't he sold Live if it is so bad? If he is so committed to getting the best performance - why the hell persist with Live on Vista? simple .. he's a procrastinator of the highest order with attention seeking issues.
Not that I didn't tell this before, but here we go again: We are using Live as our main tool for song writing and live performances and we are using it on Windows XP and OS X. We do use all possible workarounds once we identify a problem (which sometimes is part of the problem). Thank you again for caring for my well-being.

That doesn't mean we need to be happy with aspects of its performance and let Ableton work sloppily. Furthermore I don't intend to forever keep a copy of Windows XP on my desktop just to keep Live working, plus I want to use Vista on my bootcamped Macbook Pro. I own a good working copy of Vista Ultimate that pairs perfectly with Sonar and offer many advantages in this combination. I am a strong supporter of Vista's many internal improvements.

But even apart from that I am not happy with a company selling a product as Vista compatible that is not while first showing no competence to identify its issues and then giving no statement about how and when the issues are gonna be resolved.

According to Live's FAQ there are no known issues with Live and Vista: "As far as we know, the only issues are cosmetic." This is a gross understatement, not near to the truth and Ableton knows about it. Even while I can work with much better performance on Windows XP and OS X this remains an unacceptable status and is even more so annoying as Ableton Live is the only single piece of software keeping me from finally getting rid of the end-of-life Windows XP.

PS: Nico seems to be confusing some things and his statements do not change my view about Ableton's customer support for the better.
HAL: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

xherv

Post by xherv » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:48 pm

The first instance of trolling I've ever seen documented is in Lawrence Lessig's Code. Lessig is an intellectual and law scholar who has expertise in a lot of Internet-related stuff - he's been around for a long time and has emerged as a net celebrity. He was holding a course on the Internet in the age of newsgroups and USENET at Yale. After a session on anonymity, an anonymous class member began to post vicious, personal attacks on other members. The account of what happened is online here:

Lawrence Lessing - Ibex

My experience over the years (I had some proximity to high-level academia growing up, I remember using TELNET and USENET, all that good stuff) - banning idiots is a good thing.
http://www.soundcloud.com/xherv
I know EVERYTHING that I know and you don't know, and don't know what I don't know that you know, so I'll ignore that stuff. Wassup now?

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:55 pm

LeifonMars wrote:I never got the hostility Timur was subject to.
Another view of Timo/Timur/Crash's attitude towards Ableton Support: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... ht=#790263

Crash

Post by Crash » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:04 pm

8O wrote:Another view of Timo/Timur/Crash's attitude towards Ableton Support: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... ht=#790263
The name my mother gave me is TimUR. Thank you.
HAL: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:18 pm

Crash wrote:
8O wrote:Another view of Timo/Timur/Crash's attitude towards Ableton Support: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... ht=#790263
The name my mother gave me is TimUR. Thank you.
fascinating...

when your mom tells you to shut the fuck up and mind your manners do you well her she's wrong and argue or do you abide? is she the eggplant that taught you to be such an insufferably arrogant eggplant?

Timur - when you go to a party and the host and the other guests are asking you to chill out, you chill, you leave or you get your ass kicked.

UNLEASH THE BADGERS!!! :twisted:
Last edited by Tone Deft on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Crash

Post by Crash » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:27 pm

Tone Deft wrote:is she the cunt that taught you to be such an insufferably arrogant twat?
Don't worry, I'm mostly only fulfilling the mob's projections on me. And thank you for calling my mother a "cunt", while the vulgarity towards my mother is hardly acceptable I cannot deny that biologically you are correct.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:31 pm

Crash wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:is she the eggplant that taught you to be such an insufferably arrogant eggplant?
Don't worry, I'm mostly only fulfilling the mob's projections on me.
this is what you do, you deflect blame. what would mommy think of your behavior?

if your mom's an eggplant, what does that make you?
Last edited by Tone Deft on Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Crash

Post by Crash » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:39 pm

Tone Deft wrote:if your mom's a cunt, what does that make you?
A product of my enviroment. :lol:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:45 pm

lmfao!
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

dcease

Post by dcease » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:52 pm

i am deeply offended by the level of censorship this thread has received. i might leave :lol: