LE Stereo Packages in Session Drums - what are they?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
comradec

LE Stereo Packages in Session Drums - what are they?

Post by comradec » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:08 pm

I've just taken delivery of the Session Drums set for Ableton Live 7 and I'm installing the Live Packs from the first DVD.

I notice that there's a folder "Stereo Packages" and have installed all of its contents, but there's also a folder called "LE Stereo Packages".

What's the second folder of packages? Do I need to install its contents too or are these Live Packs designed for the LE version of the main software?
Steve Cooke – #FunkMaverick
http://stevecookemusic
Live 11 Suite running on iMac M1 16GB with macOS Monterey; Zoom LiveTrack L-20 mixer/audio interface; Arturia KeyStep Pro; Novation SL-MkIII

gumpbert

Post by gumpbert » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:19 pm

From the Live manual:

"The stereo presets are production-ready kits, carefully processed to reflect modern production techniques while keeping CPU and memory usage to a minimum. These kits come in both Full (24-bit) and LE (16-bit) versions."
Mac, Live, Logic, Cubase, Reason, Renoise and a bunch of VSTs

comradec

Post by comradec » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:37 pm

gumpbert wrote:From the Live manual:

"The stereo presets are production-ready kits, carefully processed to reflect modern production techniques while keeping CPU and memory usage to a minimum. These kits come in both Full (24-bit) and LE (16-bit) versions."
Thanks for clarifying that. Not sure why they couldn't have simply called the folders '16-bit Stereo Packages' and '24-bit Stereo Packages', though. It would have made more sense.
Steve Cooke – #FunkMaverick
http://stevecookemusic
Live 11 Suite running on iMac M1 16GB with macOS Monterey; Zoom LiveTrack L-20 mixer/audio interface; Arturia KeyStep Pro; Novation SL-MkIII

gumpbert

Post by gumpbert » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:37 pm

It is probably safe to assume there are no Vulcans working at Ableton :wink:
Mac, Live, Logic, Cubase, Reason, Renoise and a bunch of VSTs