Remix Contest by Team Remixus.com

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
BoryZee

Post by BoryZee » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:25 am

looking forward to hearing your remix.. :)

BoryZee

Post by BoryZee » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:48 pm

Amazing Job on the Remix Sporkles!!

Just thought we'd let you know :D

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:19 pm

Thanks! :D :D

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:46 pm

The following are Productions that have been entered in our 2008 Remix Contest

...Coming Soon...
so, im guessing you havent gotten any entries yet?
its funny how this thread has gone to so many pages, without you actually given us any useful information.

i still wont enter until i can read the user agreement.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:50 pm

sporkles wrote:BoryZee:
Another thing that worries me a bit is the fact that you provided the vocals
as 128 kbps MP3s. I'd expect that a serious contest would provide wavs.
It really is confusing, considering that the lyrics are in fact very nice, and
needed very little processing.
128 kbps MP3s ?? 8O Im not touching anything less then CD quality for a sample!! :? Preferable 24 bit at least.

128 kbps MP3 sample material is just simply unusable crap.

BoryZee

Post by BoryZee » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:28 pm

friend_kami wrote:
The following are Productions that have been entered in our 2008 Remix Contest

...Coming Soon...
so, im guessing you havent gotten any entries yet?
its funny how this thread has gone to so many pages, without you actually given us any useful information.

i still wont enter until i can read the user agreement.
Actually we've got a high count of entries.. So we're not worried.. Thanks to all those who've entered, it'll be worth your while.. :)

BoryZee

Post by BoryZee » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:29 pm

ze2be wrote:
sporkles wrote:BoryZee:
Another thing that worries me a bit is the fact that you provided the vocals
as 128 kbps MP3s. I'd expect that a serious contest would provide wavs.
It really is confusing, considering that the lyrics are in fact very nice, and
needed very little processing.
128 kbps MP3s ?? 8O Im not touching anything less then CD quality for a sample!! :? Preferable 24 bit at least.

128 kbps MP3 sample material is just simply unusable crap.
Yes, it was our mistake to begin with, because people were complaining about the download time. But now we're providing WAVs as per your request.. Enjoy! :)

samplefreak

Post by samplefreak » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:38 pm

your mistake here is not answering the questions as you offered and bouncing a fucking thread nobody is interested in every view minutes.
your mistake in general is that you're constantly running around trying to take advantage of people around you.

BoryZee

Post by BoryZee » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:41 pm

samplefreak wrote:your mistake here is not answering the questions as you offered and bouncing a fucking thread nobody is interested in every view minutes.
your mistake in general is that you're constantly running around trying to take advantage of people around you.
Please get off our frequence Samplefreak..

You've done enough..

We're working our tail ends off to meet every demand..

so relax..
Last edited by BoryZee on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:04 pm

BoryZee wrote: now we're providing WAVs as per your request.. Enjoy! :)
OK, thats better!

FMB

Post by FMB » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:41 pm

BoryZee wrote:
samplefreak wrote:your mistake here is not answering the questions as you offered and bouncing a fucking thread nobody is interested in every view minutes.
Please get off our frequence Samplefreak..

You've done enough..

We're working our tail ends off to meet every demand..

so relax..
So Bory, Now you show us your "real personality!!!!" You are a guest on this forum remember?
SampleFreak has a point. You take advantage of other people, because when we send a (re?!)mix we don't know what is going to happen.
"We work out a deal" Are you sure your not in some kind of other business?
This is not a remix! You are looking for a new song to put the vocals in.
And this way people around the world on forums like this work there tails end off to compose a complete track for you! (for nothing!!!!)
What do you offer? Nothing!!!

And is this where you stole the name from? This boy is 16 years old and made this website a year ago!!! http://www.kuffi.net/remix/

D :evil: vid

BoryZee

Post by BoryZee » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:59 pm

And is this where you stole the name from? This boy is 16 years old and made this website a year ago!!! http://www.kuffi.net/remix/

D :evil: vid
Hey David I didn't even know they existed.. Good Find :)
Check out our site for new updates

www.RemixUs.com

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:21 pm

You know I downloaded the vocals and have done a backing track, but I've got this feeling... It's stopping me make that one last step. i.e. Sending it in..

I'm a total newbie to doing remixes.. But I have enjoyed the process a lot.. However, it has taken hours.. But it (the backing track) sounds really freakin cool..
Well, last night I took it to a mates studio, for a final listen and to get some feedback from a old pro.. He was like "f**k you just written them a song, and what's more you could do a better vocal and melody than what's on offer here. Are you sure?". Also he was saying that it is absolutely necessary to have EVERYTHING totally clear BEFORE you submit your music, in every way that you possibly can.. I must say this makes sense.

Ok I'm no Beethoven or anything, but I do have a least my own self respect. And as much as I would love to win an opportunity to have the level of exposure that BoryZee, supposedly offers, this 'gut feeling' just won't go away.. And to be honest BoryZee just aint doing anything to help... :roll:

WTF

Hd

BoryZee

Post by BoryZee » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:33 pm

heavensdaw wrote: Ok I'm no Beethoven or anything, but I do have a least my own self respect. And as much as I would love to win an opportunity to have the level of exposure that BoryZee, supposedly offers, this 'gut feeling' just won't go away.. And to be honest BoryZee just aint doing anything to help... :roll:

WTF

Hd

If you don't want to send it in, then Hold off on your work for now.. We're working out some kinks with our lawyer and will be posting a legal section soon..

Also, once we get all the entries in, we'll be posting them on our site to be up for discussion..

So you'll get to promote your remix as well as your production links with the rest of the producers.. We have quiet a few in our list already.. :)

And finally, we're in talks with a radio station to have the entries be showcased even if they don't win.. But that will depend on the quality of the entry, and the decision of the station..

Sound good so far?
Check out our site for new updates

www.RemixUs.com

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:51 pm

BoryZee wrote:
heavensdaw wrote: Ok I'm no Beethoven or anything, but I do have a least my own self respect. And as much as I would love to win an opportunity to have the level of exposure that BoryZee, supposedly offers, this 'gut feeling' just won't go away.. And to be honest BoryZee just aint doing anything to help... :roll:

WTF

Hd

If you don't want to send it in, then Hold off on your work for now.. We're working out some kinks with our lawyer and will be posting a legal section soon..

Also, once we get all the entries in, we'll be posting them on our site to be up for discussion..

So you'll get to promote your remix as well as your production links with the rest of the producers.. We have quiet a few in our list already.. :)

And finally, we're in talks with a radio station to have the entries be showcased even if they don't win.. But that will depend on the quality of the entry, and the decision of the station..

Sound good so far?
Sounds good so far.. Yeah.. It has 'sounded good' from the off!

I'm sure you'll get many entries when you have that legal section sorted..

I'm gonna 'hold on' to my entry until I feel right about it all... Even at the risk of putting you off from wanting to do future work with me, for not being a 'good sport'. Although I would hope that's not the case :wink:

You know Bory, there's a awful lot of of backstabbing f*ckwit sharko's out there, who feed off of peoples needs and desires.. I just wanna be a little cautious that's all.

Hope you can get it all clear dude.

Peace

Hd[/quote]