Remix Contest by Team Remixus.com

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
rob lee
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:36 pm
Location: uk
Contact:

Post by rob lee » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:56 pm

i wanna look like Boryzee :lol:
Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

rob lee
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:36 pm
Location: uk
Contact:

Post by rob lee » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:58 pm

Can anyone spot Boryzee in the crowd...front row.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image

Tone Deft
Posts: 24051
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:04 pm

BoryZee wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:it's a great idea, 'send me your songs so I can go out and sell them.' I'm only pissed I didn't think of it first.
Were you also going to give out royalties, cause unlike most contests, who just give away software, we are giving our contestants royalties.. with proof of how many tracks sold within a particular quarter..
interesting.

dunno man, if I put some honest effort into a track I'd probably rather just put it on Beatport and go it alone without the middle man.

if I could knock out a backing track in an afternoon and send it in, no big loss there. I guess one could say that we're paying for the vocals to use after the fact.

idea: if you get to own our songs, can we own your vocal tracks that you're using for this contest?

like others have written, I haven't followed this thread closely I've just seen some really odd things. I guess you have to claim to be some #1 producer (the CD slip up was bad.)

either way, I'm always glad to see people be civil in the face of a shit storm. this is an unmoderated forum, I hope your shit umbrella has backups.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, POD500HDX, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

sporkles
Posts: 3195
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Schmocation

Post by sporkles » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:14 pm

This is turning into a complete and utter travesty, but do you know what?
Considering that I've remixed both the songs anyway, I'm going to enter the
contest. I don't have any superstar ambitions, and the way I see it, I have
nothing to lose by submitting the tracks. I'll let ya know how it turns out, and
one way or the other, you'll be able to hear my mixes.

(I'm registered at http://www.last.fm/music/Acid+Pets - but there's nothing
there yet)

contakt321
Posts: 1523
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: NYC

Post by contakt321 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:28 pm

can we let this thread die? Please...

djadonis206
Posts: 6490
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Post by djadonis206 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:30 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
dunno man, if I put some honest effort into a track I'd probably rather just put it on Beatport and go it alone without the middle man.
From my understanding and others you do in fact need a distributor to sell tracks on beatport.

The days of any old body putting tracks up on beatport have long been over


sorry T
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Tone Deft
Posts: 24051
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:45 pm

kewl, didn't know that. I've never considered making money from my music other than getting the neighbors to pay me to not play.

BeatPort aside, what's the situation for someone who wants to put their tune out there and see who bites without a middleman. that's been the great part of the mp3 revolution, telling record labels to get their hands out of the artists' pockets.

/cluess
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, POD500HDX, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

kpa
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:50 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Post by kpa » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:12 am

Tone Deft wrote:kewl, didn't know that. I've never considered making money from my music other than getting the neighbors to pay me to not play.

BeatPort aside, what's the situation for someone who wants to put their tune out there and see who bites without a middleman. that's been the great part of the mp3 revolution, telling record labels to get their hands out of the artists' pockets.

/cluess
you can get music on itunes easy enough. i have used tunecore as the distributor (you need a digital distibutor for itunes, and there are others). i think it was 40 USD for an 11 track album, then you get 49c a track. for straight up dance music downloads, you could try junodownload.com, i have heard they easily accept tracks for download, although thet might have/be changing.

there are also digital distributors such as orchard who can do it all for you, but they take a cut of everything i think.

getting it online is the relativley easy part. its the marketing of the music that is heavy on resources (money/time/the will to live)

hope that helps in some way,
kpa
Cryptomnesian - the recall of memories not recognised as such, but thought to be original ideas.
www.Cryptomnesian.com
www.myspace.com/thekpa
www.myspace.com/thebodesapha

pilcrow
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:26 pm

Post by pilcrow » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:32 pm

So...how goes the contest?

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Post by BoryZee » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:40 pm

pilcrow wrote:So...how goes the contest?
Pretty good.. Thanks for asking..

We got a number of producers who'd like to work with us,
along with radio stations waiting for the winning mixes for promotion..

Check out the new updates on our site if you're interested..

www.remixus.com


good luck to all who enter.. :)
Check out our site for new updates

www.RemixUs.com

gumpbert
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:56 am

Post by gumpbert » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:20 pm

BoryZee wrote:
pilcrow wrote:So...how goes the contest?
Pretty good.. Thanks for asking..

We got a number of producers who'd like to work with us,
along with radio stations waiting for the winning mixes for promotion..
No you don't.
BoryZee wrote:Check out the new updates on our site if you're interested..

www.remixus.com
Nothing interesting there to see. Move along.
BoryZee wrote:good luck to all who enter.. :)
Indeed. Good luck getting anything out of this scam.
Mac, Live, Logic, Cubase, Reason, Renoise and a bunch of VSTs

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Post by BoryZee » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:39 pm

There's no proof of this being a scam..

Good luck trying to put blame on the innocent working hard to make things happen..
Check out our site for new updates

www.RemixUs.com

gumpbert
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:56 am

Post by gumpbert » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:54 pm

BoryZee wrote:There's no proof of this being a scam..
There is no proof this isn't a scam. In fact, everything about this "contest" is dodgy at best. I would however be very happy if you could prove to us that this "contest" is legit. It's not hard. Just tell us your name, your companions' names, what number one hits you have had and what label you're on and people will take you a bit more seriously. Only a scammer would need to withhold this information.
BoryZee wrote: Good luck trying to put blame on the innocent working hard to make things happen..
I haven't blamed the innocent working hard. I blame you.
Mac, Live, Logic, Cubase, Reason, Renoise and a bunch of VSTs

Tone Deft
Posts: 24051
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:55 pm

he got the same welcome at KVR, he kept making new threads and people are skeptical, he's not banned but they're thinking of locking his threads
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=150

then over here he keeps bumping his threads
http://www.residentadvisor.net/user-pro ... me=remixus

more constant bumpage here
http://trance.nu/v4/forum/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

no replies here
http://progressivehouse.com/forums/viewtopic.php/17961

someone looked him up here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 14#3183014
Adonis wrote:curious
Bory - nope, no proof of a scam, IMO it's more like you're forming a business to make money from other peoples' music. OK, that happens but what's value do you really offer? I get the feeling that this is your first round of remixes, maybe in a year you'll have promoted yourself enough to become known and trusted, maybe you'll be asking people if they want fries with that.

keep being level headed and try to respect forums by not spamming them.

when you write that the tunes become the property of remixus and you affiliates, who are your affiliates? TBD?


I think two things are obvious
1 - you are not a "#1 producer" (wtf does that REALLY mean?)
2 - you're really clueless about audio in regards to the stuff you've written about CD audio quality, reaffirming point #1.


oh, and you missed a site, these guys put out remixes all the time, definitely hit them up.
http://www.abletonlivedj.com/
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, POD500HDX, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

NorthernMonkey
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: UK

Post by NorthernMonkey » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:25 pm

Tone Deft wrote:he got the same welcome at KVR, he kept making new threads and people are skeptical, he's not banned but they're thinking of locking his threads
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=150

then over here he keeps bumping his threads
http://www.residentadvisor.net/user-pro ... me=remixus

more constant bumpage here
http://trance.nu/v4/forum/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

no replies here
http://progressivehouse.com/forums/viewtopic.php/17961

someone looked him up here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 14#3183014
Adonis wrote:curious
Bory - nope, no proof of a scam, IMO it's more like you're forming a business to make money from other peoples' music. OK, that happens but what's value do you really offer? I get the feeling that this is your first round of remixes, maybe in a year you'll have promoted yourself enough to become known and trusted, maybe you'll be asking people if they want fries with that.

keep being level headed and try to respect forums by not spamming them.

when you write that the tunes become the property of remixus and you affiliates, who are your affiliates? TBD?


I think two things are obvious
1 - you are not a "#1 producer" (wtf does that REALLY mean?)
2 - you're really clueless about audio in regards to the stuff you've written about CD audio quality, reaffirming point #1.


oh, and you missed a site, these guys put out remixes all the time, definitely hit them up.
http://www.abletonlivedj.com/
Now that level of vitriol deserves some fucking respect. I take my hat off to you.
..?

Post Reply