Remix Contest by Team Remixus.com

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Post by BoryZee » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:54 pm

heavensdaw wrote:
Edited to say that I started a 'remix/composition' for this yesterday,
Good to hear.. Looking Forward :D

kingpixel
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:54 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Post by kingpixel » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:01 pm

BoryZee wrote:
Feel free to log on and check things out for yourself..

www.RemixUs.com
page not found...

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Post by BoryZee » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:03 pm

kingpixel wrote:
BoryZee wrote:
Feel free to log on and check things out for yourself..

www.RemixUs.com
page not found...

Server's probably down, sorry.. Try again, seems to work for everyone..

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Post by BoryZee » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:43 pm

site's been updated, so feel free to check it out..


www.remixus.com


Enjoy and good luck if you're entering :D

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Post by friend_kami » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:47 pm

page still not found.

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: .......................REMIX CONTEST.........www.Remixus.com

Post by friend_kami » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:10 pm

BoryZee wrote:Remix Contest

Looking for Producers from all genres of Electronic Dance Music..
Looking for everyone from fresh newbies to experienced pros


Remix Guidlines

You will be given 2 vocals to remix..
You can choose to remix one, the other, or both in any style of Dance Music..
Whether it be House, Trance, Tribal, Techno, Ambient, Etc.

Use just parts or the entire Vocals provided in the package..
Whatever you feel best expresses your style of Electronic Dance Music

After you've remixed the tracks, submit them to us,
and we'll begin the process of picking which make it to the next round..

All submissions and inquiries will be answered
and you will be kept up to date with the progress..


Winners

If you're track is chosen for release, you will be awarded the following

1. Your tracks will be hosted on the best and biggest online dance music stores on the net
including Beatport, iTunes, Audiojelly, DjDownload, JunoDownload, and many more..

2. You will receive compensation in royalties based on the performance of your track

3. Your remix will be handed to over 1,000 Dance Radio Stations and over 1,500 popular DJs World Wide


Submission

If interested, please send an email to: RemixUs@RocketMail.com
Type "Ableton Remix Contest" in the heading and we'll send you a link to the Vocal Materials.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, we're here to help
Thanks and Good Luck,
Boryzee
Team Remixus :)
www.RemixUs.com
so. where do you stand on copyright then?

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Re: .......................REMIX CONTEST.........www.Remixus.com

Post by BoryZee » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:46 pm

friend_kami wrote:
BoryZee wrote:Remix Contest

Looking for Producers from all genres of Electronic Dance Music..
Looking for everyone from fresh newbies to experienced pros


Remix Guidlines

You will be given 2 vocals to remix..
You can choose to remix one, the other, or both in any style of Dance Music..
Whether it be House, Trance, Tribal, Techno, Ambient, Etc.

Use just parts or the entire Vocals provided in the package..
Whatever you feel best expresses your style of Electronic Dance Music

After you've remixed the tracks, submit them to us,
and we'll begin the process of picking which make it to the next round..

All submissions and inquiries will be answered
and you will be kept up to date with the progress..


Winners

If you're track is chosen for release, you will be awarded the following

1. Your tracks will be hosted on the best and biggest online dance music stores on the net
including Beatport, iTunes, Audiojelly, DjDownload, JunoDownload, and many more..

2. You will receive compensation in royalties based on the performance of your track

3. Your remix will be handed to over 1,000 Dance Radio Stations and over 1,500 popular DJs World Wide


Submission

If interested, please send an email to: RemixUs@RocketMail.com
Type "Ableton Remix Contest" in the heading and we'll send you a link to the Vocal Materials.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, we're here to help
Thanks and Good Luck,
Boryzee
Team Remixus :)
www.RemixUs.com
so. where do you stand on copyright then?
All material is copyrighted so no need to worry..

Have you tried out the vocals yet? :wink:

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: .......................REMIX CONTEST.........www.Remixus.com

Post by friend_kami » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:33 pm

BoryZee wrote:
friend_kami wrote:
BoryZee wrote:Remix Contest

Looking for Producers from all genres of Electronic Dance Music..
Looking for everyone from fresh newbies to experienced pros


Remix Guidlines

You will be given 2 vocals to remix..
You can choose to remix one, the other, or both in any style of Dance Music..
Whether it be House, Trance, Tribal, Techno, Ambient, Etc.

Use just parts or the entire Vocals provided in the package..
Whatever you feel best expresses your style of Electronic Dance Music

After you've remixed the tracks, submit them to us,
and we'll begin the process of picking which make it to the next round..

All submissions and inquiries will be answered
and you will be kept up to date with the progress..


Winners

If you're track is chosen for release, you will be awarded the following

1. Your tracks will be hosted on the best and biggest online dance music stores on the net
including Beatport, iTunes, Audiojelly, DjDownload, JunoDownload, and many more..

2. You will receive compensation in royalties based on the performance of your track

3. Your remix will be handed to over 1,000 Dance Radio Stations and over 1,500 popular DJs World Wide


Submission

If interested, please send an email to: RemixUs@RocketMail.com
Type "Ableton Remix Contest" in the heading and we'll send you a link to the Vocal Materials.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, we're here to help
Thanks and Good Luck,
Boryzee
Team Remixus :)
www.RemixUs.com
so. where do you stand on copyright then?
All material is copyrighted so no need to worry..

Have you tried out the vocals yet? :wink:
umm.. if i submit a track and its get picked for release on your netstores, how do you stand on copyright then?

do i own my track?
do you own my track?
do we own the track?

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Re: .......................REMIX CONTEST.........www.Remixus.com

Post by BoryZee » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:07 pm

friend_kami wrote:
umm.. if i submit a track and its get picked for release on your netstores, how do you stand on copyright then?

do i own my track?
do you own my track?
do we own the track?
Hi Friend_Kami, Very Good Question..
If your track gets picked, then we sign you to our Record Label..
Which means the Label owns the rights to the track..
However, we'll agree on a contract where you'll get royalties based on the performance of how the track sells..
So in a sense we both own the track, however the copyrights belong to the label..

Does this answer your question..? :)

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: .......................REMIX CONTEST.........www.Remixus.com

Post by friend_kami » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:37 pm

BoryZee wrote:
friend_kami wrote:
umm.. if i submit a track and its get picked for release on your netstores, how do you stand on copyright then?

do i own my track?
do you own my track?
do we own the track?
Hi Friend_Kami, Very Good Question..
If your track gets picked, then we sign you to our Record Label..
Which means the Label owns the rights to the track..
However, we'll agree on a contract where you'll get royalties based on the performance of how the track sells..
So in a sense we both own the track, however the copyrights belong to the label..

Does this answer your question..? :)
fair enough. :)

gonna check it out later, going out tonight and then im going off to a festival for a week. not sure how ill do considering how people are saying that its too commercial which could be a problem for me aswell, but a remix is always fun no matter what style :D

sporkles
Posts: 3193
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Schmocation

Post by sporkles » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:58 pm

BoryZee:

I've been working on the remix, and I've had a great time doing so, even
though (perhaps because) it's very far from what I usually do.

The way things are now, however, I'm not sure if I'll submit my entry after
all, considering your reluctance to answering straightforward questions here.

Give me one good reason why anyone would submit a track they've put time
and effort into when the hosts of the competition are so elusive about who they
are, the legal stuff and whatnot.

I see that the equivalent thread was closed down on the Cubase.net forum,
exactly because there was no mention of legal issues.

The fact that you've now slapped together a website means absolutely
nothing. Anyone can scoot on over to weebly.com (like you did) and create a
website.

Another thing that worries me a bit is the fact that you provided the vocals
as 128 kbps MP3s. I'd expect that a serious contest would provide wavs.
It really is confusing, considering that the lyrics are in fact very nice, and
needed very little processing.

I think it's in everyone's interest that you tell us who you people are, who
the artists in your team are, what the no. 1 hits you've had are called, etc.

I'd really like to finish my remix and enter into the contest, but I don't see
the point with all this secrecy.

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Re: .......................REMIX CONTEST.........www.Remixus.com

Post by BoryZee » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:30 pm

friend_kami wrote:
BoryZee wrote:
friend_kami wrote:
umm.. if i submit a track and its get picked for release on your netstores, how do you stand on copyright then?

do i own my track?
do you own my track?
do we own the track?
Hi Friend_Kami, Very Good Question..
If your track gets picked, then we sign you to our Record Label..
Which means the Label owns the rights to the track..
However, we'll agree on a contract where you'll get royalties based on the performance of how the track sells..
So in a sense we both own the track, however the copyrights belong to the label..

Does this answer your question..? :)
fair enough. :)

gonna check it out later, going out tonight and then im going off to a festival for a week. not sure how ill do considering how people are saying that its too commercial which could be a problem for me aswell, but a remix is always fun no matter what style :D
Sounds good.. It is a little poppy, but it can be fitted into any style of dance music.. depends on how creative you want to get..

though thats exactly what we look for, creativity.. its what seperates one mix from the next..

Have a good time at your festival and good luck if you decide to remix..

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Post by BoryZee » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:50 pm

sporkles wrote:BoryZee:

I've been working on the remix, and I've had a great time doing so, even
though (perhaps because) it's very far from what I usually do.

The way things are now, however, I'm not sure if I'll submit my entry after
all, considering your reluctance to answering straightforward questions here.

Give me one good reason why anyone would submit a track they've put time
and effort into when the hosts of the competition are so elusive about who they
are, the legal stuff and whatnot.

I see that the equivalent thread was closed down on the Cubase.net forum,
exactly because there was no mention of legal issues.

The fact that you've now slapped together a website means absolutely
nothing. Anyone can scoot on over to weebly.com (like you did) and create a
website.

Another thing that worries me a bit is the fact that you provided the vocals
as 128 kbps MP3s. I'd expect that a serious contest would provide wavs.
It really is confusing, considering that the lyrics are in fact very nice, and
needed very little processing.

I think it's in everyone's interest that you tell us who you people are, who
the artists in your team are, what the no. 1 hits you've had are called, etc.

I'd really like to finish my remix and enter into the contest, but I don't see
the point with all this secrecy.
Hi Sporkles,
Firstly, thank you for giving the vocals a shot at a remix..
Though it may not be your style, we look for all styles of Dance Music to add to our Roster..

Secondly, we may come off secretive, though in fact we're just careful about what information is leaked from our Studios..
Because, believe it or not, some people like to take advantage of such information..

Thirdly, we in fact do stand behind our promises.. If you enter the contest, you'll see.. :)

Fourthly, We created the website for You guys..
It benefits mostly the Entrees to the contest, since we'll be posting mixes
that are entered into the contest (unlike most contest, which you never hear from again)

As far as the legal section, there's none yet because we're still working out the kinks.. It should be up soon..

In conclusion, we understand your point of view, but at the end of the day,
we stand behind our promises and are constantly updating to make things easier and more beneficial for you guys..

Again thanks for understanding, and Good Luck if you're entering :D

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Post by BoryZee » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:25 am

:)

FMB
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:40 pm

Post by FMB » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:48 am

Hi, Yes Chris Beuermann from Steinberg has locked the remix contest, because of the lack of legal info. I'm afraid that a lot of people have put a lot of energy in something that's mostly built on air.

But it's a excellent singer!

There is not one question answered by you Bory. And I'm afraid that you have to come up with something better then vague explanations.

I first want to hear the real story.

David

Post Reply