Remix Contest by Team Remixus.com

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Post by friend_kami » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:11 pm

BoryZee wrote:
Secondly, we may come off secretive, though in fact we're just careful about what information is leaked from our Studios..
Because, believe it or not, some people like to take advantage of such information..
how so?

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Post by BoryZee » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:43 pm

friend_kami wrote:
BoryZee wrote:
Secondly, we may come off secretive, though in fact we're just careful about what information is leaked from our Studios..
Because, believe it or not, some people like to take advantage of such information..
how so?
Well, one example is an early release of the track..
Some producers are eager to release their remix,
which we understand, but the music has to be officiallized for release first.. :roll:

FMB
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:40 pm

Post by FMB » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:55 pm

Let the first one who understands the connection between the above quoted text and the reply please explain it to me because I don't get it!
David

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Post by BoryZee » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:00 pm

FMB wrote:Let the first one who understands the connection between the above question and the answer please explain it to me because I don't get it!
David

David, it's simple really.. :)
Producers who decided to remix the track sometimes like to release
their personal mix earlier than the official date of release,
such as in their playlists for shows and what not..
We try to prevent this because it off-balances the entire process of time releasing a track.. clear :?:

FMB
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:40 pm

Post by FMB » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:02 pm

No not clear if I want I can release it now!

Yes and what about the fact that Chris from Steinberg locked your topic?!
David
Last edited by FMB on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Post by BoryZee » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:06 pm

FMB wrote:Yes and what about the fact that Chris from Steinberg locked your topic?!
yeah, we're not too happy about that..
probably wont post there again..
as far as the legal matters, we're in contact with our lawyer,
and the contract is in the process of being drafted.. so no need to worry :)

FMB
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:40 pm

Post by FMB » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:09 pm

So you don't think it has something to do with the way you are "organising" this remix contest? And your the first one I know of who needs a layer for a music deal on this level.
Last edited by FMB on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Post by BoryZee » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:11 pm

FMB wrote:So you don't think it has something to do with the way you are "organising" this remix contest?

I think Chris jumped to conclusions too quickly..
He didn't even contact us first..
Which is the proper thing to do..

FMB
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:40 pm

Post by FMB » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:15 pm

No you twist things you had to contact him and explain at least to him what the situation was and if all things where oké he would not lock you out, but he has serious doubts like me. This is not the way to organise a remix contest. You start at the end.

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Post by BoryZee » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:18 pm

FMB wrote:No you twist things you had to contact him and explain at least to him what the situation was and if all things where oké he would not lock you out, but he has serious doubts like me. This is not the way to organise a remix contest. You start at the end.
FMB, if you're not interested, then don't enter the contest.. it's that simple..
However, we're working our tail-ends off to make this right..
Thanks for understanding..

samplefreak
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by samplefreak » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:59 pm

sporkles wrote:
I
I think it's in everyone's interest that you tell us who you people are, who
the artists in your team are, what the no. 1 hits you've had are called, etc.
following facts might be true:


boryzee is http://www.discogs.com/artist/Bory+Zubatov

boryzee turns 27 next month (13th)

boryzee was an upcoming producer (self titled) 2-3 years ago.

http://www.rhythmism.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37264

boryzee might want to introduce uncompressed vocals and give more information about their source and his intentions in order to keep up the professional claims he did.

boryzee might want to leave us alone if not.

samplefreak
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by samplefreak » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:08 pm

he might tell us now that the "only for tonite" vocals are samantha ayesha adamo - recorded in 2005

landrvr1
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:24 am
Location: ...

Post by landrvr1 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:11 pm

I sent my email.

This whole thing seems dodgy, but wtf.

I'll post my submission here. It'll be my first.

Hell, we should ALL post our submissions here.

Even if this is a scam, we could still have some fun.



Oh, if this is not a scam, and I WIN the whole shebang, please remember:

I like red M&Ms only, and redheads.
No stretch limos please. Something tasteful; a 4 door Benz will do. Black only. My driver is to address me as "Sir" at all times.
Newcastle Brown Ale is to be nicely chilled on ice at all times, day or night.

Thank You.

...

BoryZee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Location: We're Global
Contact:

Post by BoryZee » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:18 pm

samplefreak wrote:
sporkles wrote:
I
I think it's in everyone's interest that you tell us who you people are, who
the artists in your team are, what the no. 1 hits you've had are called, etc.
following facts might be true:


boryzee is http://www.discogs.com/artist/Bory+Zubatov

boryzee turns 27 next month (13th)

boryzee was an upcoming producer (self titled) 2-3 years ago.

http://www.rhythmism.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37264

boryzee might want to introduce uncompressed vocals and give more information about their source and his intentions in order to keep up the professional claims he did.

boryzee might want to leave us alone if not.
Yes, that would be me, one among the team of a few other producers and singers that make up this contest..

Yes I produced a track for Deep Dish's Dubfire Global Underground Compilation..
Yes I produced several more tracks for #1 Chart Topping Producers/Labels..
Yes the vocalist used to be in a former award winning pop group..
and Yes, I will be 27 next month.. Though age is just a number.. :)

What else would you guys like to know before entering the contest :roll:

samplefreak
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by samplefreak » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:34 pm

BoryZee wrote:
What else would you guys like to know before entering the contest :roll:
label?

artist?

still working with ex-Beauty4 member ayesha?

most important: your original track is tarnce, right?


CU

Post Reply