Thanks Ableton!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Lo-Fi Massahkah

Thanks Ableton!

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:47 pm

So I guess a bunch of us just got mail from the head cahoona himself.
Mr Behles wrote:You wrote to us sometime around the beginning of the year. At that time, we were incredibly busy with the release of Ableton Live 7, which completely surpassed our expectations. Unfortunately, it also stretched our customer care resources terribly thin. We asked you to stay calm and be patient, and you did.

Now that we're back up to speed, we'd like to say thank you.
Yay! A pack of goodies from Puremagnetik and some rebate in the webshop.

Fair game!

Cheers,
.m

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:00 pm

I have also found the Abes to have awesome customer service!

I bought Live 7 boxed, and no stickers came in the box, so I wrote a nice email, got my stickers sent right away!!!

Besides that, I've written them a few other times and have gotten very timely replies!

The Abes kick ass...

j2j

Post by j2j » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:25 pm

I've received no such email...
:D

Must have gotten lost... Still Abe's does have fantastic service. I really like this company. The best!! I've nothing but good things to say about them.

I can't wait for Live 8
too many lasers...

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:56 pm

j2j wrote:I can't wait for Live 8
Even though we got Live 7 half a year ago? :P Nonetheless, I'm still crossing my fingers for:

LFO Device, Group Tracks, Global Transpose, Absolute Automation in Session View, CTRL+Arrow=Transpose, MP3 Export, Automation Curves, Right-Click-Menu-Plugin-Inserting, Individual Swing Amounts, Previous/Next Preset Buttons instead of the lame system we have now, Colouring of Tracks and Scenes, Undo History in Browser, Surround Support, Individual CPU Meter for each Track, Reason-Style MIDI Drawing, Add Locators when changing scene during recording from session to arrangement and an instant-meepy-floop-tarnce-crompersorr-ch00n-knob.

Think that's about it :P I hardly think about these things while making music, since Live is such a great tool, but adding these functionalities would really make my day ;)
Please vote! Live 10's "multi" clip editing should allow selection+editing of multiple clips in one action:

(L10-SUG-0228) Multiple MIDI transpose

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=228094

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:57 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:

A bit disappointed... Wanted to use that discount in the shop for that nice, thick, German hoodie. Only valid for software. But I have the Suite. :?

I'll have to cash it when 8 comes round. I'm just stuck in an upgrade spiral.

.m

Precision

Post by Precision » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:04 pm

Yeah, thanks Abes: you're the best! :D
Tone Deft wrote: it's hard to code Python when you're knocked up on morphine with your dick in a sling.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:40 am

Ableton usually provide very good service, I've had them answer my tech support questions politely and within a couple of days tops. They processed my L7 Suite download order very efficiently and with a thank you.

Steinberg ignore your emails and posts (unless to lock or ban you with a precursive insult) and have no interest in helping any customers (in my opinion of course, but I know I share this opinion with MANY).
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 am

I remember when I bought live 6 after a few weeks nothing had come in the mail, sent a nice email and got a tshirt and mouse pad for my troubles (the order got lost apparently)

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:09 am

weeddigger wrote:I have also found the Abes to have awesome customer service!

I bought Live 7 boxed, and no stickers came in the box, so I wrote a nice email, got my stickers sent right away!!!

Besides that, I've written them a few other times and have gotten very timely replies!

The Abes kick ass...
The same happened to me. 1st Class Service!

- Best
- Pasha
Apple Desktop / Laptop
Live 9 Suite,Zebra 2.6,Guitar, Bass, VG99, JV1010 and some controllers

nbinder

Post by nbinder » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:29 am

Idonotlikebroccoli wrote:LFO Device, Group Tracks, Global Transpose, Absolute Automation in Session View, CTRL+Arrow=Transpose, MP3 Export, Automation Curves, Right-Click-Menu-Plugin-Inserting, Individual Swing Amounts, Previous/Next Preset Buttons instead of the lame system we have now, Colouring of Tracks and Scenes, Undo History in Browser, Surround Support, Individual CPU Meter for each Track, Reason-Style MIDI Drawing, Add Locators when changing scene during recording from session to arrangement and an instant-meepy-floop-tarnce-crompersorr-ch00n-knob.
Wow... nearly the same wishlist as mine.... (guess some points are everybody's wishes, right)

I always got good support from Ableton, but didn't need very much yet. 7 is working really stable here, let's see what 8 brings with it.

I didn't receive any mail... perhaps I should contact the support as well to receive a gift, too? :roll: :wink:

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:39 pm

weeddigger wrote:I have also found the Abes to have awesome customer service!

The Abes kick ass...

WAIT! there were *supposed* to be stickers?????

fuck, i was disapointed when i got my box and no stickers, but i thought that was just how it went down this time.

shit, imma go email them.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

dave dominey

Post by dave dominey » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:21 pm

i emailed them about a lack of stickers

they sent me 4 sheets, iron on patches, and some of them neck chain things they wear at conventions

now with my shisha hoody and laptop bag i look quite the dickhead!

cheers
ableton

lunarhostility

Post by lunarhostility » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:27 pm

Serious kudos go to the Ableton team for this kind of customer care. Thanks a lot guys!

chrisedmo

Post by chrisedmo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:52 am

+1 just got the email, and downloading now...

Thanks Ableton!!
Macbook 1.83ghz. Ableton Live 8 :-). Guitars and keys and retro sh*t.
http://www.myspace.com/banquetmusic

rob lee

Post by rob lee » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:31 am

What goodie's? I got boxed version of suite 7 and nothing in there....????
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
rob