All F****in ins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Warminstrel

All F****in ins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Warminstrel » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:58 am

Does ANYONE know how to change the default setting for a midi track from 'all-ins'?

Everytime i insert a vst the default setting of 'all ins' causes a cacophony of notes being played that sound like someones juts sat on the keyboard.

(Set up: BCR2k (USB) Fast Track Pro (USB) and Evolution Mk461 (midi-ed into the FTP due to power sharing problems)

Also add my MCU 4.1 with huskervu midi yoke.

Seems that the turning off output to the midi yoke/husker feedback stops it (tried all channels on midid yoke too).

Not had this problem untill started using MCU. have also tried numerous configurations in the main preferences midi section to no avail.

Also get random notes being played when hitting the play/stop buttons etc...

Pain in de feckin ass man.....

Also......please, dont ask me why i set the i/o to all ins like the other dude did cos i didn't, Live feckin did it. I just want to change it....anyone?
:?:

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:26 pm

You are dropping in new VSTs into new midi tracks while your track is running with midi clips already in the track so that notes start to come out? I dont understand that...

Anyways, heres an idea: Why not set up a template that has the configuration of midi tracks with the input and midi channel already selected and then: "save as template"?

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:34 pm

UKRuss wrote:You are dropping in new VSTs into new midi tracks while your track is running with midi clips already in the track so that notes start to come out? I dont understand that...

Anyways, heres an idea: Why not set up a template that has the configuration of midi tracks with the input and midi channel already selected and then: "save as template"?
No, cant see where I said that in my post, but no, I'm not dropping vsts into a palying track (though I;m sure I have abused Live in this way in the past, who hasnt!!)

-----------------------------

Template? Not a bad Idea, just wondered if I could set my own I/O defaults, obviously not :(

To re-iterate:

Any tune, new or old...once a VST is 'armed' .....Live will play midi notes thru it ....on every click of the mouse.... Stop/start buttons, loop, rotarys on the bcr, mouse moves...every damn thing!

If its just down to the midiyoke/huskervu/mcu set-up then I will be v-disapointed as its a great add-on to live.

All I realy want is to choose the way midi tracks default in the preferences so if anyone knows how to, pls let me know.

:?:

samplefreak

Post by samplefreak » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:48 pm

what about solving your power problems and only selecting those drivers for track input that actually should be used as a track input?

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:28 pm

samplefreak wrote:what about solving your power problems and only selecting those drivers for track input that actually should be used as a track input?
Power problem simply that my laptop can only phantom power so many appliances so just have to mains power the MK461 and midi it into the Fast Track. This not a problem at all as also free's up one of my USB ports.

-----------------------------------------------

I had the Midi Ports configured as per the MCU 4.1 instructions manual which had the 'Track' button selected for the midi yoke ch going to the huskervu (In this case channel 3). Think this may be flawed as couldn't de-select it without Live crashing??!!

Have now un-instaled midi yoke,....... re-instaled and left the Midi Ports 'Track' button de-slected and hey -presto!

Wonder if anyone else following the MCU manual has had the same problem?

Anyway, thanks for the advise Mr. Freak, got me pointed in the right direction!

:D

samplefreak

Post by samplefreak » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:40 pm

i'm happy to help!
and now rtfm ;-)