Infrasonik launches with Analogue Processes for Ableton Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
siddhu

Infrasonik launches with Analogue Processes for Ableton Live

Post by siddhu » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:06 pm

Infrasonik.com launches with Analogue Processes v1 for Ableton Live
Designed for electronic music producers, composers, and laptop DJs and performers, Infrasonik's sample packs are constructed to maximise the unique and powerful features of Ableton Live and Kontakt.

Infrasonik's philosophy is redefining the traditional audio sample pack into a powerful production environment that include effects chains, dynamics and EQ processing, macro controls, and channel strip presets that expand the sonic possibilities of these powerful audio production tools.

Ideal for modern electronic styles including Minimal, Electro, Techno, Tech House, Progressive, Deep House, Glitch, and IDM, Infrasonik's sample packs are excusively available for instant download on Infrasonik.com

Check out Infrasonik.com

Infrasonik's Analogue Processes v1
Infrasonik's Analogue Process v1 provides a fresh palette of percussion including deep sine wave kicks, raunchy snares, lo fi claps, and undefinable percussive hits recorded using some of the finest names in analogue outboard gear including Rupert Neve, Chandler, API, Vintech, and Purple Audio.

Infrasonik's goal was to build an Ableton Live sample pack of cutting edge sounds ideal for modern electronic styles, with the warmth, punch, and sheen that only analogue gear can provide.

Analogue Processes v1 is custom built from the ground up to harness Ableton Live's innovative and powerful features such as macro controls, racks, and midi switchable effect chains.

Analogue Processes v1 contains:
  • 42 Impulse Banks (High Hats, Claps, Kicks, Vox, Snares, etc.)
    39 Impulse kits with modular processing chains.
    15 Channel strips with analogue style dynamics and EQ.
    15 EQ chains modelled on vintage EQs.
    39 Midi clips.
Features Include:
  • - Modular processing chains allowing fast and easy swapping of "processing modules" between different kits and tracks.

- A maximum of 4 macro controls on the racks let users quickly dial in an inspiring setting, and is perfect for DJing or live performance use.

- Effects are balanced using Live's Utility effect to avoid level fluctuations when doing effect manipulations in a live performance setting.

- The final output level is set for a maximum peak value of between -3.0 DbFS and -2.0 DbFS

- Impulse kits are carefully gain staged to leave at least 4-6 DB of headroom between each device in the DSP chain for super clean processing and no digital distortion.

- A limiting module at the end of each Impulse kit's DSP chain prevents the chain's final output from clipping in a live performance or DJ setting.

- The kits are designed to have 10-12 DB of dynamic range.

- All sounds are 24 bit.
Check out Analogue Processes v1

Special discount for members of the forum - pm me for a 15% discount code.

You can download a .zip file with 10 WAV audio clips here. These are the same demo clips that are in the MP3 player on the product page but are obviously better quality.

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:51 pm

welcome!

:D
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

manimal

Post by manimal » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:34 am

How much are these packs, i cant find a price even if i add it too my cart??
the silicon one looks nice!!!!!
I sell Synth presets
https://sellfy.com/BoBSwanS

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:10 pm

41.50 Euros for the first one, and yes the Carl Finlow one looks sweeeet! Hi Carl 8)

siddhu

Post by siddhu » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:20 pm

manimal wrote:How much are these packs, i cant find a price even if i add it too my cart??
the silicon one looks nice!!!!!
Hi Manimal,

The pricing is on the product page and to the extreme right when you add a pack to your cart.

You won't see a price for Carl's pack since it's an upcoming release. We did it that way to make sure that upcoming releases did not get confused with releases that are available for purchase. But maybe we'll change this based on user feedback.

BTW: In case you missed it, PM me for a 15% discount code (if you want to buy) that we are making available to forum members.

siddhu

Customer Review

Post by siddhu » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:46 pm

One of our first customer written reviews is on Gearslutz.

You can read it here

jonny72

Post by jonny72 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:53 pm

I had a quick listen to the samples and it sound ok, though nothing special.

From my point of view the big problem you've got is the price and going up against PureMagnetik / Covert Operators / Track Team Audio. £30+ is a lot of money when you compare it to what your competition is charging, PureMagnetik works out t about £5 a pack for example.

I'm sure people who are picky and like the sounds will go for it, but for people like me who have a PureMagnetik subscription (and all the Covert Operator packs) its not worth the money.

Good luck with it though, its good to see more Live content providers.

lola

Post by lola » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:57 pm

jonny72 wrote:I had a quick listen to the samples and it sound ok, though nothing special.

From my point of view the big problem you've got is the price and going up against PureMagnetik / Covert Operators / Track Team Audio. £30+ is a lot of money when you compare it to what your competition is charging, PureMagnetik works out t about £5 a pack for example.

I'm sure people who are picky and like the sounds will go for it, but for people like me who have a PureMagnetik subscription (and all the Covert Operator packs) its not worth the money.

Good luck with it though, its good to see more Live content providers.
Think ist a bit to expensive too :D , but hey, we are not beeing forced to buy these.
The thing i was wondering about, the demo mp3's are they processed?, is this all ableton or 3rd party plugins beeing used?

siddhu

Post by siddhu » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:26 pm

Hi Lola,

The demo audio clips were produced only using the effects chains that come with Analogue Processes (all Ableton). No third party plug-ins or effects were used in the production.

We did use a brickwall limiter, after exporting the clips, to bring the levels up. The brickwall limiter we used was the PSP Xenon.

The audio clips online are the actual midi clips that come with Analogue Processes rendered as audio.

lola

Post by lola » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:28 pm

siddhu wrote:Hi Lola,

The demo audio clips were produced only using the effects chains that come with Analogue Processes (all Ableton). No third party plug-ins or effects were used in the production.

We did use a brickwall limiter, after exporting the clips, to bring the levels up. The brickwall limiter we used was the PSP Xenon.

The audio clips online are the actual midi clips that come with Analogue Processes rendered as audio.
Then they sound really nice sir.
Compliments

siddhu

Post by siddhu » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:25 pm

I appreciate the feedback. I knew that we would be compared and contrasted to Puremagnetik from the get go on this forum especially on pricing.

I'll elaborate a little on our strategy and respond to some of the comments made thus far.

1. First off we don't see ourselves in competition with Puremagnetik. They do great work, and they have developed a business model which works well for their release schedule, and their vision. More power to Micah Frank!

For us, it's not a question of either us or them. As Infrasonik's sample packs are released, it will become obvious that we have an artistic vision that is quite different from Puremagnetik.

2. We looked long and hard at the subscription model but we felt that it was not appropriate for our vision and how we want to interact with our users.

We felt that an "a la carte" pricing better served our customers by allowing them to buy only that which truly interests them, and pass on anything which doesn't get them all hot and bothered!

It's kind of like going to a restaurant that has a fixed price menu. It's a fabulous value, but there are a few items you don't care for. So you have to weigh your options. Do you go a la carte and
  • a) get less items for the same price, but they're exactly what you want,

b) get that same number of items but pay a bit more (but again they're exactly the items that you really want),
Or
  • Do you go for the fixed price menu and give your friend the items you don't like?
Additionally, we wanted to be able to release on our schedule, without the pressure of having to release a pack every month that is promised as part of a subscription agreement. This way we can take all the time we want to produce unique and specialized packs.

BTW: We do have a few ideas for subscription models that we may implement in the future, but even then, it will be an option and not the primary business model.

Now For The Good Stuff

I have been receiving a lot of emails asking for promo codes from users in different forums, so I have decided to drop the list price by 15% for a limited time, so everyone gets the discount without having to get a promo code from me. if you go on the site, you will notice the price change.

Since I knew all of you on the forum would be the absolutely toughest group to win over, and counted on some of you to mention the price, the time has come to open the flood gates....

If you find yourself curious as to what Analogue Processes is like, but you don't feel comfortable paying 41 euros for a sample pack from a new company, now you don't have to.

For the next ten days, till August 15, I will issue 35% promo codes to any of you who pm me. This means that with the 35% off on top of the 15% markdown, you will be getting a 50% discount!

This Ableton Forum Infrasonik Launch Exclusive is only good until August 15th.... tick tock tick tock :D :)