What to do with those always on Reaktor sounds?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mdk

Post by mdk » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:25 pm

you could just edit the ensemble and add in an envelope.

thats the beauty of reaktor. you're not stuck with something - you can make it do what you want.
Pr0k Records - Bandcamp Facebook Twitter

dj superflat

Post by dj superflat » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:50 pm

what do you mean how to use EI II? there's a bunch of different stuff in there, obviously, they all work fairly differently. are you asking how to install?

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:41 pm

I'm talking about Metaphysical, could you give me 5 chronilogical steps in laymans terms?

grimleyj

Post by grimleyj » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:17 am

starving student wrote:will somebody point me to a damn tutorial on how to use Electronic instruments 2 :x I'm confused as hell
That's the problem with Reaktor ... just learning how to use the included ensembles (never mind the online library) takes so much time there is no way I will ever find time to learn how to create an ensemble from scratch. In fact I can't think of one ensemble that I fully got my head wrapped around.
Actually maybe that's my problem ... most of the ensembles are so bloody cryptic it may just be easier in the long run to learn to roll your own and forget about the library.

Low Frequency Obstinator

Post by Low Frequency Obstinator » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:10 pm

I normally noodle about with reaktor recording everything for laters.

Mostly use Massive Ens. though; solo-ing each part of the loop and recording onto separate tracks (not worked out how to route out to separate tracks as yet but no biggy)

Never used it as pure midi instrument, always record it and butcher up.

Wicked piece of kit though maybe too easy, have to stop myself from making dodgey aphex parodies all de damn time!
Live (yoghurt) - MBP- Circuit Bent Rampant Rabbit - Mongolian Nose Flute - 'The Marvelous Mechanical Mouse Organ' (on loan from Bagpuss) and a Swanee Whistle made from a used heroin syringe.

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:25 pm

I made a song using a very unruly Reaktor ensemble. You can hear it prominently in the song entitled It's Inside of this Cadillac. You can listen to the song on the music player on this page:

http://www.last.fm/music/Hidden+Driveways

I forget which ensemble it was exactly. I remember tweaking it, sending a signal to it, and it just started making this sound (pretty much uncontrollably). So I recorded it in on it's own track and mixed it in with the rest of the song.

serge_a_storms

Post by serge_a_storms » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:21 am

starving student wrote:will somebody point me to a damn tutorial on how to use Electronic instruments 2 :x I'm confused as hell
I know the manual isn't brilliant but it'll get you started.

I record stacks of long clips using metasynth. I just randomise them, tweek what I can whilst resampling everything I do. I then just store them away and chop em up when I'm looking for somethin interesting.

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:54 am

fast efx is where its at in EI2.
immense for vocal slicing and dicing