Library?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
boderekstits

Library?

Post by boderekstits » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:52 am

I'm new to this forum, I just downloaded the demo for Live 7 - the first thing it tells me is that Live can't find the Library....I can't find it either - where is it?

I'm confused here.

Thanks in advance for helping out a rookie

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:00 am

it's been years since I've set up the Library, first off you have to download the Live Packs to populate the library;
http://www.ableton.com/livepacks

then options-preferences-file folder there's a setting to set where the Library is.

tip:
- only change stuff in the Library with Live's file management tools. until you get used to Live's file system (pretty simple) leave it alone.

- you can't save sets into the library, the library is a Live set itself, you cannot save a set within a set, that's called a nested project.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, guitars, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:24 am

you can actually (now)

but you probably don't want to until you understand it well enough to think about the pros and cons of doing so...

boderekstits

Post by boderekstits » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:27 am

okay gotcha, i just had to create a folder called Library, now everything is downloading - thanks!