BCR Performer (v.0.4)

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:54 am

hoffman2k wrote: How did you set it up in Live? You need to enable the "Remote" Input and output for MIDI yoke. Disable the BCR if its enabled.

Don't forget to push down on the 8th encoder to choose a preset.
thanks for the quick reply.

i hav remot input and output for midi yoke in live and no other inputs/outputs r selects.

pushing the 8th encoder does change the preset. but nothing is mappable in live. im just gonna restart and see what happens. as u can tell ive just fired bcr performer for the first time.

edit: thats done it i believe. cool with give this a proper go. thanks again for the help.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:59 am

Cool, let me know if there are any more problems. Once you get it up and running it should be pretty streamlined I hope.

robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:03 am

ok, one thing ive noticed. i map volume to rotary 1 on the top row to preset 1. move it around. then change to preset 2. when i change back to preset 1 (using the 8th encoder knob that is), when i touch rotary 1 (now set back on preset one) it jumps to 0 value. hope that makes sense. the rotary knob doesnt seem to remember its original value when switching presets. any ideas.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:42 pm

robleighton22 wrote:ok, one thing ive noticed. i map volume to rotary 1 on the top row to preset 1. move it around. then change to preset 2. when i change back to preset 1 (using the 8th encoder knob that is), when i touch rotary 1 (now set back on preset one) it jumps to 0 value. hope that makes sense. the rotary knob doesnt seem to remember its original value when switching presets. any ideas.
Weird. Cant reproduce this one. Did you load the new sysex file (0.3) into your BCR?

robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:55 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
robleighton22 wrote:ok, one thing ive noticed. i map volume to rotary 1 on the top row to preset 1. move it around. then change to preset 2. when i change back to preset 1 (using the 8th encoder knob that is), when i touch rotary 1 (now set back on preset one) it jumps to 0 value. hope that makes sense. the rotary knob doesnt seem to remember its original value when switching presets. any ideas.
Weird. Cant reproduce this one. Did you load the new sysex file (0.3) into your BCR?
yup only hav the 0.3 sysex file. as mentioned, it wont remember the original position of a rotary if i change presets. do i need to press a button to update before i move to and forth presets, am i missing something? (so far its me being simple that has caused any mistakes, hehe)

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:06 pm

robleighton22 wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:
yup only hav the 0.3 sysex file. as mentioned, it wont remember the original position of a rotary if i change presets. do i need to press a button to update before i move to and forth presets, am i missing something? (so far its me being simple that has caused any mistakes, hehe)
I'll look into it, not having any problems myself. Just about wrap up another version that should be online soon.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:19 pm

Fantastic Idea. I got a BCF2000 so I pray for the future... if it's not too hard... :roll:
Apple Desktop / Laptop
Live 9 Suite,Zebra 2.6,Guitar, Bass, VG99, JV1010 and some controllers

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:37 pm

Pasha wrote:Fantastic Idea. I got a BCF2000 so I pray for the future... if it's not too hard... :roll:
Word. As much as I would love to say I was able to figure out how you did this, I need to find a job instead atm. Once I get a new job though I will upgrade to max 5 and try to Live a bit more from your example.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:53 pm

Version 0.4 is out:

- Fixed an error in the Sysex file.

- No more Auto Refresh. At least not the buggy mode.. When you move a knob on the BCR, it moves on the GUI.

- Labels are automatically stored as soon as you click outside a label. It creates a file called default_labels.maxpresets which loads at startup. Remove it from the BCR Performer folder to start off fresh. The same goes with the Configurations file.

- Buttons that are On will have red labels instead of white (when they're off), after you manually refresh the BCR by (re)selecting a preset.

- The updated source code has been made available.

- You can make a knob or button global by switching it to Channel 16. Then it will do the same thing, regardless of the chosen preset. You will have to do the lables for all presets though.

I personally haven't ran into any bugs and consider this version to be Release Candidate 1. If you run into any bugs or have feature requests, just let me know.
The longer it takes for me to get into that patch, the harder it gets to remember how I got all of this to work.

In any case, the next main feature is a manual. Unless there are any problems to solve, this is going to v1.0 very soon.

- Bjorn

robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:16 pm

sounds good, gonna try that now before i go to the pub.

another newbie, question what would i use is a button/rotary when is made to b 'global'??

thanks

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:22 pm

robleighton22 wrote:sounds good, gonna try that now before i go to the pub.

another newbie, question what would i use is a button/rotary when is made to b 'global'??

thanks
Play, Stop and Record for example.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:03 am

Hey hah ho.....
Haven't been following is it working in windows now?
Should give it anutha stab maybez

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:15 am

djsynchro wrote:Hey hah ho.....
It is, it just seems that to properly run Max Runtime, you need install quicktime.

robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:48 pm

works fine on vista. new version is great btw. dont hav the issue i had before with it forgetting the settings of the rotary when switching presets. now all the gui knobs move as well.

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:54 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
It is, it just seems that to properly run Max Runtime, you need install quicktime.
Yeh I beleive it's because of Jitter components...whatever they are! :lol: :oops: