who is thelike5?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
C.S.

Post by C.S. » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:54 am

landrvr1 wrote: "Hey, hey! Back to ME! Back to ME!"

Like splashes from the kiddie pool when the grownups are over having lunch.

How ironic that this would come from you. I normally never comment on stuff like this, but you are the worst thing to happen to this forum in my 3 or so years here. Go ahead and respond with some smartass comment, they are never funny. I've never seen someone try so hard in my life. How sad you are. That's all.

hangar17

Post by hangar17 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:57 am

nebulae wrote:Allah-hu-akbar mother fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god is indeed great :wink:
I fell down the musical stairs at the science museum.
It went like : C F# B D Ab A#5 E D B A THUD!

we are airfields
this is hangar 17

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:05 am

popslut

discuss

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:16 am

C.S. wrote:

How ironic that this would come from you.
irony

discuss

popslut

even with cred*, what a cunt. props.

*YMMV

discuss
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:43 pm

yep.

he's just another to add to the line of assholes who insult other people's music, claim that they make better music and have high profile releases and gigs, but never post anything to listen to or say who they are.

DJ RETARD
Kaiser Soze
thelike5

i'd say popslut, but he didn't actually insult anybody's music, as far as i know. And while a bit of a cunt, i don't have any issue with the cat other than his annoying "i'm an anonymouos superstar" act. It really is one of the highest forms of douchbaggery.

at least handpounder1 has the sense not to attack me on the merits of my music and readily admits that his shit sucks.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:54 pm

C.S. wrote:

How ironic that this would come from you. I normally never comment on stuff like this, but you are the worst thing to happen to this forum in my 3 or so years here. Go ahead and respond with some smartass comment, they are never funny. I've never seen someone try so hard in my life. How sad you are. That's all.

I'm always funny. It's truly my one bit of charm.

Oh, and I'm barely making a fucking effort here. Imagine what I'd be like if I really put my mind to it. *whew!* Frightening.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:56 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:at least handpounder1 has the sense not to attack me on the merits of my music and readily admits that his shit sucks.

.lm.

It not only sucks, it's unlistenable on nearly every level.

Hey, maybe you and C.S. could arm wrestle to see which one of you hates me more? No swordfighting, though. Not before breakfast.

muffinBallsDropped

discuss

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:49 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:yep.

he's just another to add to the line of assholes who insult other people's music, claim that they make better music and have high profile releases and gigs, but never post anything to listen to or say who they are.

DJ RETARD
Kaiser Soze
thelike5

i'd say popslut, but he didn't actually insult anybody's music, as far as i know. And while a bit of a cunt, i don't have any issue with the cat other than his annoying "i'm an anonymouos superstar" act. It really is one of the highest forms of douchbaggery.

at least handpounder1 has the sense not to attack me on the merits of my music and readily admits that his shit sucks.

.lm.
See, the thing with me is that I actually record music, own Ableton Live and have been here since 2002. I have never left, got kicked off another forum and came back with my tail betweeen my legs like you did leisuremuffin. I've been here and posted nearly every week or every other week for six plus years. I didn't blow my load of three thousand posts in a four year span like you. I took my time fucking.

You may not like me but I'm far from a troll like some of the other names you mentioned. I've helped many people on this forum and never escalate matters until I'm provoked. You my friends, are perhaps the most annoying, clueless and altogether fragile posters I've ever come across.

Did you really need to make a seperate post about "who is the like5." Dude, and then you try calling me the douchebag? It didn't work out in your favor did it? Nobody really cares what you have to say. You are also the one claiming the gigs I played at are high profile. Again, I never said they were. It's not that big of a deal to me. I certainly didn't get paid shit. (Does anybody in an opening slot?)

So fuck you my friend. You are wittless and a pussy. Happy posting and better luck next time.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:57 pm

thelike5 wrote:

DJ RETARD
Kaiser Soze
thelike5

.lm.
See, the thing with me is that I actually record music, own Ableton Live and have been here since 2002. I have never left, got kicked off another forum and came back with my tail betweeen my legs like you did leisuremuffin. I've been here and posted nearly every week or every other week for six plus years. I didn't blow my load of three thousand posts in a four year span like you. I took my time fucking.

You may not like me but I'm far from a troll like some of the other names you mentioned. I've helped many people on this forum and never escalate matters until I'm provoked. You my friends, are perhaps the most annoying, clueless and altogether fragile posters I've ever come across.

Did you really need to make a seperate post about "who is the like5." Dude, and then you try calling me the douchebag? It didn't work out in your favor did it? Nobody really cares what you have to say. You are also the one claiming the gigs I played at are high profile. Again, I never said they were. It's not that big of a deal to me. I certainly didn't get paid shit. (Does anybody in an opening slot?)

So fuck you my friend. You are wittless and a pussy. Happy posting and better luck next time.
What are you talking about?

I have never been kicked off of ANY forum.

I have never left and come back.

What does post count have to do with anything?

YOU attacked me, made a bunch of ridiculous claims about your music without any proof, and act like an asshole.

You don't have to like me, but your not doing yourself any favors acting a cunt. You can paint it however you like, but you started this shit my man.

.lm.

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:05 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:
thelike5 wrote:

DJ RETARD
Kaiser Soze
thelike5

.lm.

What are you talking about?

I have never been kicked off of ANY forum.

I have never left and come back.

What does post count have to do with anything?

YOU attacked me, made a bunch of ridiculous claims about your music without any proof, and act like an asshole.

You don't have to like me, but your not doing yourself any favors acting a cunt. You can paint it however you like, but you started this shit my man.

.lm.
I started it? Look at the fucking thread title and who the author is!

SimonPHC

Post by SimonPHC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:06 pm

thelike5 wrote:(Does anybody in an opening slot?)
yes, in belgium, if they don't pay you, you're an illegal workforce. but that's just for the official venues and even they have lots of 'black' money (loans payed without taxes) to pay their artists. but even the most shady venues and promoters usualy pay you something (not much but still).

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:09 pm

thelike5 wrote: I started it? Look at the fucking thread title and who the author is!
so, you didn't attack me personally in another thread? You didn't make ridiculous unsupported claims about your own music while calling me names and claiming my music was shit? you didn't do any of that?

.lm.

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:14 pm

SimonPHC wrote:
thelike5 wrote:(Does anybody in an opening slot?)
yes, in belgium, if they don't pay you, you're an illegal workforce. but that's just for the official venues and even they have lots of 'black' money (loans payed without taxes) to pay their artists. but even the most shady venues and promoters usualy pay you something (not much but still).
Yeah, I suppose Europe is a lot different in that regard. Funny thing is, I'd rather play there for free and get paid in the states versus the other way around. To me, being able to vacation around my work scheduke and come overseas for a weekend to play was amazing. I was lucky enough to setup a show in Zagreb while I visited Croatia three years back. I recall actually getting paid a few "kunas" too!

Here in the states, the touring artist gets the moneya nd the support guys get to play in front of there friends and usually drink for free. Depends what club and what city though. I'm sure some are better than others. It depends. If someone like a M-nus artist is playing a four person show, and you are the local guy your not getting much besides drinks. Of course, if you and your friends are the promoters well, that can easily be adjusted!

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:39 pm

I'd happily play for free, because i love it.

but i've never played an event that was making money that didn't pay me *something.* Well, at least not since i was just starting out. but don't sweat it, tiger. You hang in there, keep at it and someday you'll get some respect.

.lm.

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:55 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:I'd happily play for free, because i love it.

but i've never played an event that was making money that didn't pay me *something.* Well, at least not since i was just starting out. but don't sweat it, tiger. You hang in there, keep at it and someday you'll get some respect.

.lm.
:wink:

While I'd love to make a few hundred books just for hauling my gear to Columbus, Cleveland, Cincy or even Philly I do it for love, too. Of course, my full time job pays me pretty ok so I'm not sweating it.

One day, perhaps before I go grey I'd love to be able to gain the respect that people such as leisuremuffin must get. Wow. If only I could achieve that. I suppose if that was true I would be so busy fighting off the paparazzi that I wouldn't be able to post in this forum all day.

I don't know how you do it man...