Aspartame, MSG, Fluoride

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

do you stay away from aspartame, msg and fluoride?

indeed yes i do, as i have looked into the side effects!
62%
Certainly not you tin foil hat wearing maniac!
38%

Total votes: 42

Emissary

Aspartame, MSG, Fluoride

Post by Emissary » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:32 pm

how many here try to stay away from these little guys, and if not why not?

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:41 pm

Aspartame: Bad. Bad. Bad. I stay away (include Alice and Chains backing instrumentation).

MSG: I can't remember the side effects but I do know that my stomach regrets it shortly afterward.

Fluoride: I grew up in NYC, where they put it in the water, and I remember loving that water. OMG! Best tasting water I have ever had! The first thing I do when I visit is chug a glass of it. Is it bad?

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:47 pm

fluoride is basically a population control drug. It was used to lower the aggression of the jews in nazi germany (the first time it was used) and is still used today. It simply has the effect of making the drinker docile and easily controlled. It has no link to increased tooth and gum health what so ever.

buzzcock

Post by buzzcock » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:54 pm

Emissary wrote:fluoride is basically a population control drug. It was used to lower the aggression of the jews in nazi germany (the first time it was used) and is still used today. It simply has the effect of making the drinker docile and easily controlled. It has no link to increased tooth and gum health what so ever.

Dental wisdom from a brit, now that's funny.
MBP C2D 2.33GHz---Metric Halo MIO 2882

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:55 pm

Emissary wrote:fluoride is basically a population control drug. It was used to lower the aggression of the jews in nazi germany (the first time it was used) and is still used today. It simply has the effect of making the drinker docile and easily controlled. It has no link to increased tooth and gum health what so ever.
Now that is one potential conspiracy theory that I need to check out. It would certainly make sense.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:03 pm

buzzcock wrote:

Dental wisdom from a brit, now that's funny.
where is exactly does that weird british tooth problem theory come from? i mean we are all aware americans have perfect teeth

:wink:

jamos

Post by jamos » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:09 pm

You do realise there is a fluoride level that occurs in natural water ? Alot of US companys add it to the water and a few UK companys do. Luckily my water supplier doesnt add it but it does occur naturally.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:11 pm

wow i just found this out

You should not use fluoride if the level of fluoride in your drinking water is greater than 0.7 parts per million (ppm).

http://www.drugs.com/MTM/fluoride.html

so basically anyone in birmingham who brushes their teeth is screwed.

http://www.dwi.gov.uk/consumer/concerns ... demaps.pdf

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:12 pm

jamos wrote:You do realise there is a fluoride level that occurs in natural water ? Alot of US companys add it to the water and a few UK companys do. Luckily my water supplier doesnt add it but it does occur naturally.
yep i am well aware of that :-)

http://www.dwi.gov.uk/consumer/concerns ... demaps.pdf

ground_control

Post by ground_control » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:29 pm

LOFA wrote:Fluoride: I grew up in NYC, where they put it in the water, and I remember loving that water. OMG! Best tasting water I have ever had! The first thing I do when I visit is chug a glass of it. Is it bad?
It's true, New Yorkers are some of the most docile and easily controlled people in the world.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 pm

I am the calmest person I know, and I do whatever anybody tells me to do.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

Damon_Chambers

Post by Damon_Chambers » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:49 pm

i try my best to stay away from all of those if i can. unfortunately a lot of it is in stuff we dont even know about.

NorthernMonkey

Post by NorthernMonkey » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:03 pm

Is there a point to this Emissary? Nice photos on flickr by the way.
..?

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:23 pm

Nice post. I'm a nut over this stuff.

First thing is to buy non-fluoride toothpaste. If you don't know already there's warnings on fluoride toothpaste! A few kids die each year from eating toothpaste, so why put that crap in yer mouth.

MSG and preservatives in general should be avoided. Fact: Within the last century, the human body decays more slowly now.

Aspartame is a major cause of migraines and accumulates in the body and is very hard to detoxify. So what else is it fucking up?

Rule one, don't believe in any positive aspects of anything artificial. It will hide symptoms in one area and cause harsher problems in another. It's never free.

And, stay far away from flu shots, especially small kids. A recent case was won as it causes autism.

basically, the FDA wants to make you sick and then take your money with a phoney cure and make you more sick so you can take the new pill, etc etc etc. They've put together quite a system.

NorthernMonkey

Post by NorthernMonkey » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:45 pm

knotkranky wrote:Nice post. I'm a nut over this stuff.

First thing is to buy non-fluoride toothpaste. If you don't know already there's warnings on fluoride toothpaste! A few kids die each year from eating toothpaste, so why put that crap in yer mouth.

MSG and preservatives in general should be avoided. Fact: Within the last century, the human body decays more slowly now.

Aspartame is a major cause of migraines and accumulates in the body and is very hard to detoxify. So what else is it fucking up?

Rule one, don't believe in any positive aspects of anything artificial. It will hide symptoms in one area and cause harsher problems in another. It's never free.

And, stay far away from flu shots, especially small kids. A recent case was won as it causes autism.

basically, the FDA wants to make you sick and then take your money with a phoney cure and make you more sick so you can take the new pill, etc etc etc. They've put together quite a system.
I'm betting there'll be quite a few forumites reading this with a beer in one hand and a smoke in the other - most of us are happily killing ourselves without the help of toothpaste. The thing I don't understand about all the 'Avoid this/that or else you'll die' stuff is that we're hardly a dying breed now are we? We're living longer than ever and based on the last week or two's worth of posts on here a bit of human culling might not be a bad thing.
..?