Newbie advice

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Megamixplanet

Newbie advice

Post by Megamixplanet » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:40 pm

I am not really up on the world of Ableton right now & I am sure someone here knows the answer to this one. Forgive me for my lack of knowledge but I would be right in saying that you need to prepare your files and that the wrapping process doesnt work well with music that dosent have a steady drum pattern? So could I play Disco/Funk on ableton and still get the best out of the program as if I was playing Techno?

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:42 pm

HANG YOURSELF

DaffyDub

Post by DaffyDub » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:45 pm

Forgive me if I sound rude - but it seems to be an odd question coming from someone who's been on the forum for 4 years :evil:

I don't think Live cares much about which style you play..... it's all just audio and tempo and stuff.... so why not???
More bass in the hihat
http://www.youtube.com/DAFFYDUBBY

first 124 posts as: Overdub

Megamixplanet

Post by Megamixplanet » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:46 pm

I was affraid I was going to get that response. I have known about this program since day one as I am always curious about new ways of Deejaying. I just didnt go with it at the time. I didnt jump on the bandwagon like most just because some well know deejays use it. If anyone is willing to help i would appreciate the constructive input
Last edited by Megamixplanet on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:47 pm

who's the n00b? I'm confused...

Live doesn't do all the work for you. straight computer generated 4/4 stuff is easier to deal with but I've warped all kinds of stuff, including my own drunken out of time guitar playing.

you don't need to do anything ahead of time outside of Live to get good results.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz