how can I leave the US?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jamester

Post by jamester » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:40 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
landrvr1 wrote:If you assholes want to leave, get the fuck out and let some poor Mexican bastards (who are practically willing to DIE to get here) take your place.
well put.
Not well put.

The Mexicans come here because they know they will make "good money" (for them) and will most likely be able to live under the radar of our immigration (un)enforcement.

This has nothing to do with the bigger picture of why many Americans are extremely unsatisfied with the direction this country's been heading politically and socially. For the Mexicans it is purely economic, they don't give a fuck about politics, nor should they since they can't vote.

Two completely different things...
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:49 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
landrvr1 wrote: If you assholes want to leave, get the fuck out and let some poor Mexican bastards (who are practically willing to DIE to get here) take your place.
I don't have time to get into this today, but your reasoning is fucking stupid. Sure, saying that you want to leave the USA because people are stupid here is just as stupid, but why always drag every conversation down to simple name calling and grandstanding?
The amount of people desiring entrance to a country in no way is a reflection on the ethics of said country, all it reflects is the wealth of said country. What with a global economy, it's even more likely that the wealth of a country is based of the size of it's military, and it's ability to assrape the rest of the planet. Most people care about their own lives rather than the greater whole, so of course they want to live here.
Simple logic kills this argument, if the nazis had won, we would all want to live in Germany, but that in no way makes the nazis ethical.

omfg.

Instead of my Panic Button I just hit the Huge Cynical Asshole Button. Did you feel a jolt?

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:50 pm

jamester wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
landrvr1 wrote:If you assholes want to leave, get the fuck out and let some poor Mexican bastards (who are practically willing to DIE to get here) take your place.
well put.
Not well put.

The Mexicans come here because they know they will make "good money" (for them) and will most likely be able to live under the radar of our immigration (un)enforcement.

This has nothing to do with the bigger picture of why many Americans are extremely unsatisfied with the direction this country's been heading politically and socially. For the Mexicans it is purely economic, they don't give a fuck about politics, nor should they since they can't vote.

When you take such a massive tumble off of that Fail Mountain that you're on, does it hurt when you finally hit the ground?

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:55 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
landrvr1 wrote: If you assholes want to leave, get the fuck out and let some poor Mexican bastards (who are practically willing to DIE to get here) take your place.
I don't have time to get into this today, but your reasoning is fucking stupid. Sure, saying that you want to leave the USA because people are stupid here is just as stupid, but why always drag every conversation down to simple name calling and grandstanding?
The amount of people desiring entrance to a country in no way is a reflection on the ethics of said country, all it reflects is the wealth of said country. What with a global economy, it's even more likely that the wealth of a country is based of the size of it's military, and it's ability to assrape the rest of the planet. Most people care about their own lives rather than the greater whole, so of course they want to live here.
Simple logic kills this argument, if the nazis had won, we would all want to live in Germany, but that in no way makes the nazis ethical.
well said.
*** Image GAFM ***

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:56 pm

racist is more like it. everyone knows that all Mexicans are illegal.

IMO that's an asshole's point of view.

as if Caucasians born here all pay their taxes. riiiiight....

did MW really invoke Nazis? weak.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

gjm

Post by gjm » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:01 pm

jamester wrote:
arctic ranger wrote:I fucking hate BC and Vancouver, but I cant wait to get home. :?
Really, why is that?

I have a couple friends up there, they call it Heaven On Earth... I'd love to hear about Vancouver's downsides.
leedsquietman wrote: As for Vancouver..downtown eastside is the pit of lucifer, full of messed up junkies and homeless and it's the most expensive place to live in Canada, especially housing costs.
I'd love to hear more about Vancouver's "Pit Of Lucifer"...
I lived in Van for 8 years. I have family there and visit every now and then. It is expensive. Housing and the general cost of living, as a family, were hard pills to swallow. That was part of the reason we moved back to New Zealand.

One of the things that really got to me over a couple of years was how utterly grey things were. I spent the month of January there, this year, and only saw the sun two of the 31 days. Grey Grey Grey. Yes it is a beautiful place in the warmer months, but not long enough me for.

One thing the wife and I noticed about Van this time around (compared to living there) was that people were just not as friendly as they used to be. Might have been the time of year. Could also have been a reflection of the economy, don't know. We would think twice now about moving a family back there.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:14 pm

ATTENTION MEXICANS AND OTHERS THINKING ABOUT COMING TO AMERICA. DON'T.

YOU WILL BE DOING NOTHING BUT CONTRIBUTING TO THE WEALTHY WAR MACHINE THAT ASS RAPES THE REST OF THE WORLD.

I KNOW YOU WANT TO PROVIDE FOR YOUR FAMILIES AND MAKE AN HONEST LIVING AND PUT YOUR KIDS THROUGH COLLEGE, BUT CAN YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELVES - KNOWING THAT YOU WILL BE CONTRIBUTING TO THE DEATH AND DESTRUCTION OF MILLIONS AND FURTHER ENABLING RICH REPUBLICAN ASSHOLES?

ALL THE OTHER REASONS FOR COMING HERE - CHOICES, OPPORTUNITY, FREEDOMS, RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE, BLAH BLAH BLAH. THEY ARE A LIE. A BIG FAT CORPORATE LIE PROPAGATED BY THE RICH ASSHOLES WHO ONLY WANT YOU HERE TO CLEAN THEIR FUCKING HOTEL ROOMS.

I KNOW YOU ALL WANT TO COME HERE JUST TO BE RICH. NOT TO MAKE A NICE LIVING, BUT TO BE THE NEXT BILL GATES. DON'T LIE. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE ALL ABOUT. SELFISH FUCKERS.

ALL IMMIGRANTS WHO HAVE COME BEFORE YOU CONTRIBUTED NOTHING TO THE PROSPERITY AND WEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF THIS COUNTRY. NOTHING. THAT CAME ABOUT SOLEY FROM RICH ASSHOLES. NONE OF YOU WILL AMOUNT TO ANYTHING HERE. YOU'LL BE MOWING LAWNS FOR 1000 YEARS.

FUCK OFF AND GO TO DENMARK.

Yeah. Makes perfect sense.
:roll:

jamester

Post by jamester » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:24 pm

landrvr1 wrote:
jamester wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: well put.
Not well put.

When you take such a massive tumble off of that Fail Mountain that you're on, does it hurt when you finally hit the ground?

How easy it is to throw around childish insults on the internet.

Prove me wrong or STFU. What is incorrect in my quote? Don't try to have a discussion with adults who know what they're talking about unless you can bring more to the table than immaturity and xenophobia...
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:05 am

btw...I think there are greaaaat places for u to live in the US...
after all...there's pretty much a lot of space over there...
those are the best parts of that continent...!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:31 am

landrvr1 wrote:blah blah blah.....

ALL IMMIGRANTS WHO HAVE COME BEFORE YOU CONTRIBUTED NOTHING TO THE PROSPERITY AND WEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF THIS COUNTRY. NOTHING. THAT CAME ABOUT SOLEY FROM RICH ASSHOLES. NONE OF YOU WILL AMOUNT TO ANYTHING HERE. YOU'LL BE MOWING LAWNS FOR 1000 YEARS.

FUCK OFF AND GO TO DENMARK.

Yeah. Makes perfect sense.
:roll:

Again, you avoid like the plague my point about US foreign policy, and centering completely on the US economy etc. You're the lone voice here, defending US economic wealth, which makes about as much sense as anything else you've posted.
The rest of this is in a PM..... forum is in embers as it is..

deva

Post by deva » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:48 am

SubFunk wrote: but i have to say [never lived in the states, though...] that all americans [usa] i've ever met, are by far the least educated, speaking of an average. which always scares me, having in mind how powerfull this nation is. or at least behaves!
I live in the US and you are correct. This is one of the most ignorant, poorly educated countries today. Also obedient, repressed and absurdly puritanical.

deva

Post by deva » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:56 am

SubFunk wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:
well said.

indeed... saved me the trouble of trying to say the same thing and I'm sure I'd not have said it so well

deva

Post by deva » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:00 am

Machinesworking wrote:Again, you avoid like the plague my point about US foreign policy, and centering completely on the US economy etc. You're the lone voice here, defending US economic wealth, which makes about as much sense as anything else you've posted.
The rest of this is in a PM..... forum is in embers as it is..
The US is heading down the shitter anyway. All empires crumble, and this one is collapsing fast.

Moody

Post by Moody » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:01 am

Get out of the city for a while. Good Luck!
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:09 am

I should mention I would be looking for citizenship and amnesty on my debts.