how can I leave the US?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
leedsquietman
Posts: 6659
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:56 am
Location: greater toronto area

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:35 am

nice country with 25% VAT. 8O
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

arctic ranger
Posts: 654
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:49 am
Location: inuvik NT/vancouver BC

Post by arctic ranger » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:18 am

jamester wrote:Top of my list is Vancouver; Yaletown's pretty cool. PITA moving out of the country though, so I'm trying to find as cool a place as I can here...
I fucking hate BC and Vancouver, but I cant wait to get home. :?
mpb c2d, remote sl, mpc1000, korg legacy, zebra 2, phoscyon, devastator

http://soundcloud.com/enrock/first-edit

djsynchro
Posts: 7471
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact:

Post by djsynchro » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:24 am

Iraq, Afghanistan.
:D :D :D :D

markoos
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:23 pm

Post by markoos » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:35 am

Holland - Amsterdam; that's where I would go...don't come here though, it's shit. I want out. It's not because of the people, because of the gov'mint - the UK is the biggest surveillance state in the world now and massive amounts of data are being hoovered up, then lost or redistributed...I want to buy a boat, then live aboard for a while, saving enough money up to just fuck off one day. Dunno what happens after that though.

djsynchro
Posts: 7471
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:06 pm
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Contact:

Post by djsynchro » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:49 am

Slightly more seriously:

If you need to go you can go, but you will always be where you are, in your state of mind, so I think that is more important than where you are or how much you have, for example.

Also regarding the USA I can think of a few places in California where I'd be more than happy to live and I think NYC is awesome too. I have met many amazing people in the States and there are plenty of jerkoffs too, like any other place really.

Good luck working it out!!!! :D :D :D

smartass303
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by smartass303 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:57 am

leedsquietman wrote:nice country with 25% VAT. 8O
Thats right, but for danish people the country has a lot to offer.
Good education system, a relative good welfare system, good health system.
Scandinavian style...
I dunno waht it looks like for non EU foreigners.

noisetonepause where are you?

b0unce
Posts: 5379
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Post by b0unce » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:20 pm

pack up and box the shit you want to move with, leave it with friends or family in the u.s....ready to ship across the pond when you find the right spot.

then take stuff you prepared to lug around, like your laptop. if you're live set isn't a laptop one, make it so...

check out and live at these places for a while: berlin - germany, barcelona - catalonia, brighton - UK
all three are great for electronisch muzikians

keep traveling as light-ish as possible till you find a spot you'd like to (and can) settle at for a while, then have your boxes posted.
for ex-pats, Amsterdam is a boring waste of time imo. Especially for anything longer than 6 months. and those would be the spring/summer months btw.

that's just a gameplan, once you're on the road pretty much anything can happen, especially if you're not a hideous cyclops with puss oozing out your one eye.

I honestly wouldn't wait for someone to suggest 'the' perfect place here on the forum, you've pretty much got to find that yourself.
spreader of butter

aizo
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:00 am
Location: Osaka

Post by aizo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:57 pm

funknotik wrote:If Mccain is elected I'm out of this bitch. Probably go to Japan and busk in the streets, plus they have those cool giant robots. Image
living in japan now. if you hate bush/mccain....then don't come here their gov't is even more fucked and don't evevn try to give excuses. not that the people care. just give them a new trend and they're happy feet
Last edited by aizo on Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

corygilbert
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:37 pm
Location: kyoto, japan
Contact:

Post by corygilbert » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:57 pm

i haven't read all of the other responses, but I'm sure they're just as valid and cool.
I'm currently living in Kyoto Japan as an English teacher. It's a great job, you can earn from 20-50 dollars an hour for basically just chatting with friendly japanese people who want to practice their english conversation. The city is beautiful and especially for a younger person who is interested in different cultures.
My wife (also an American) is a scientist, and that is why we moved here, but it's actually very easy to work as an english tutor here. You can work as little or as much as you like. I have a friend who worked here a few years ago, who worked hard to make 30 hours a week as a tutor, and she payed off student loans she had from the US.
But you may only work a few hours a week and live quite comfortably.
Anyway, I just thought I'd add this to the mix, quite a nice place to live and definately a nice place to live.
I would suggest Osaka or Kyoto (avoid Tokyo) and it's ok to use one of the larger companies ie: Nova etc.. to gain the proper work visa, but try to either leave one of these larger schools asap or come without having to use one of them for a visa.
They are rather disdained by the Japanese, and you will make close to 2x the money with one of the many smaller schools that only recruit from within the country.
OK, just wanted to give my 2 cents, i'm really loving it here.
And btw, Osaka, is the place to be for electronic, Kyoto is 30 min by train and cheaper and much more beautiful to live in. :D

aizo
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:00 am
Location: Osaka

Post by aizo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:05 pm

corygilbert wrote:i haven't read all of the other responses, but I'm sure they're just as valid and cool.
I'm currently living in Kyoto Japan as an English teacher. It's a great job, you can earn from 20-50 dollars an hour for basically just chatting with friendly japanese people who want to practice their english conversation. The city is beautiful and especially for a younger person who is interested in different cultures.
My wife (also an American) is a scientist, and that is why we moved here, but it's actually very easy to work as an english tutor here. You can work as little or as much as you like. I have a friend who worked here a few years ago, who worked hard to make 30 hours a week as a tutor, and she payed off student loans she had from the US.
But you may only work a few hours a week and live quite comfortably.
Anyway, I just thought I'd add this to the mix, quite a nice place to live and definately a nice place to live.
I would suggest Osaka or Kyoto (avoid Tokyo) and it's ok to use one of the larger companies ie: Nova etc.. to gain the proper work visa, but try to either leave one of these larger schools asap or come without having to use one of them for a visa.
They are rather disdained by the Japanese, and you will make close to 2x the money with one of the many smaller schools that only recruit from within the country.
OK, just wanted to give my 2 cents, i'm really loving it here.
And btw, Osaka, is the place to be for electronic, Kyoto is 30 min by train and cheaper and much more beautiful to live in. :D
I'm going to kyoto tomorrow!! osaka is wicked fun. I'm also an english instructor. they must pay a shit load more to work in kyoto. I make about $15 an hour doing the same shit. chatting it up with 21-35 year old japanese women. but I'm working about 55 hours a week because I'm trying to save moneys.
ImageImage

xzusa8ky
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:48 pm
Location: Vienna

Post by xzusa8ky » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:10 pm

how can I leave the US?

You could fly on a US atom bomb hitting europe in very few minutes... 8O

And then you could take the Russian Express Atom bomb the hole way back to the US in just a few seconds after you arrived in europe.... 8)

should work! :D
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

landrvr1
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:24 am
Location: ...

Post by landrvr1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:39 pm

b0unce wrote:pack up and box the shit you want to move with, leave it with friends or family in the u.s....ready to ship across the pond when you find the right spot.

then take stuff you prepared to lug around, like your laptop. if you're live set isn't a laptop one, make it so...

check out and live at these places for a while: berlin - germany, barcelona - catalonia, brighton - UK
all three are great for electronisch muzikians

keep traveling as light-ish as possible till you find a spot you'd like to (and can) settle at for a while, then have your boxes posted.
for ex-pats, Amsterdam is a boring waste of time imo. Especially for anything longer than 6 months. and those would be the spring/summer months btw.

that's just a gameplan, once you're on the road pretty much anything can happen, especially if you're not a hideous cyclops with puss oozing out your one eye.

I honestly wouldn't wait for someone to suggest 'the' perfect place here on the forum, you've pretty much got to find that yourself.


Uh oh. I know where this is going.

b0unce is going to come back and say he's got a spare room and that you can stay with him until you get sorted.

Before you know it you'll have his dick in your mouth and a new boyfriend.

The two of you are going to make a wonderful couple. Cornholing each other while you run down your top 10 lists of why America sucks. Is gay marriage legal in Ireland yet?

Best of luck, girls.

...

john gordon
Posts: 2680
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Delaware

Post by john gordon » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:31 pm

landrvr1 wrote:
b0unce wrote:pack up and box the shit you want to move with, leave it with friends or family in the u.s....ready to ship across the pond when you find the right spot.

then take stuff you prepared to lug around, like your laptop. if you're live set isn't a laptop one, make it so...

check out and live at these places for a while: berlin - germany, barcelona - catalonia, brighton - UK
all three are great for electronisch muzikians

keep traveling as light-ish as possible till you find a spot you'd like to (and can) settle at for a while, then have your boxes posted.
for ex-pats, Amsterdam is a boring waste of time imo. Especially for anything longer than 6 months. and those would be the spring/summer months btw.

that's just a gameplan, once you're on the road pretty much anything can happen, especially if you're not a hideous cyclops with puss oozing out your one eye.

I honestly wouldn't wait for someone to suggest 'the' perfect place here on the forum, you've pretty much got to find that yourself.


Uh oh. I know where this is going.

b0unce is going to come back and say he's got a spare room and that you can stay with him until you get sorted.

Before you know it you'll have his dick in your mouth and a new boyfriend.

The two of you are going to make a wonderful couple. Cornholing each other while you run down your top 10 lists of why America sucks. Is gay marriage legal in Ireland yet?

Best of luck, girls.

...
lol
that was pretty funny.i thought you were going to be nice though?

landrvr1
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:24 am
Location: ...

Post by landrvr1 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:58 pm

john gordon wrote:
landrvr1 wrote:
b0unce wrote:pack up and box the shit you want to move with, leave it with friends or family in the u.s....ready to ship across the pond when you find the right spot.

then take stuff you prepared to lug around, like your laptop. if you're live set isn't a laptop one, make it so...

check out and live at these places for a while: berlin - germany, barcelona - catalonia, brighton - UK
all three are great for electronisch muzikians

keep traveling as light-ish as possible till you find a spot you'd like to (and can) settle at for a while, then have your boxes posted.
for ex-pats, Amsterdam is a boring waste of time imo. Especially for anything longer than 6 months. and those would be the spring/summer months btw.

that's just a gameplan, once you're on the road pretty much anything can happen, especially if you're not a hideous cyclops with puss oozing out your one eye.

I honestly wouldn't wait for someone to suggest 'the' perfect place here on the forum, you've pretty much got to find that yourself.


Uh oh. I know where this is going.

b0unce is going to come back and say he's got a spare room and that you can stay with him until you get sorted.

Before you know it you'll have his dick in your mouth and a new boyfriend.

The two of you are going to make a wonderful couple. Cornholing each other while you run down your top 10 lists of why America sucks. Is gay marriage legal in Ireland yet?

Best of luck, girls.

...
lol
that was pretty funny.i thought you were going to be nice though?


i lied.


...

Buleriachk
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:52 am
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Contact:

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:02 pm

The two most common elements in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity. By the laws of quantum stupidity, there is a small but finite probability that all the stupidity in the Universe can gather in one place at one time.....

But eventually it dissipates to coagulate somewhere else.

Be patient....

Post Reply