iTM 10.4: testers needed !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nonnus

iTM 10.4: testers needed !

Post by nonnus » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:58 pm

contact me thru im pls

nonnus3g@hotmail.com
nonnus@mac.com

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:46 pm

oh no you din't!!!

Lavalather is going to shoot a hot load on the screen.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:50 pm

beats me wrote:oh no you din't!!!

Lavalather is going to shoot a hot load on the screen.

Oh fuck.

Does anybody have a tissue handy? SHIT!

nonnus, PM on the way. Thanks for this. Way cool.

nonnus

Post by nonnus » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:17 pm

loll

i knew you 2 would enjoy...

sorry for the delay,

now i just hope it works ok in your systems....

(fingers crossed)

nonnus

Post by nonnus » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:44 am

are you guys trying to drive me nuts without any feedback :roll:

i understand you have been waiting for weeks to be able to play with iTM and by all means pls keep on 8)

but pls just loose 30 secs to tell me how it ts working :twisted:

:D

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:29 am

nonnus wrote:are you guys trying to drive me nuts without any feedback :roll:

i understand you have been waiting for weeks to be able to play with iTM and by all means pls keep on 8)

but pls just loose 30 secs to tell me how it ts working :twisted:

:D

Dude sorry. I'm working on a CRUSHING fucking deadline at the moment. Been up all night last night and it'll be another tonight. I promise to attack this thing tomorrow and put it through it's paces. You don't know how badly I want to completely fuck off with work right now, but I can't! Gotta pay those bills.

nonnus

Post by nonnus » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:35 am

hey

do your work, priorities are priorities and i sure understand ;)

it is just funny that the only report i got from at least 10, 15 request was from japan !

but a bit cryptical, from what i understood everything went ok controlling finale2004

just waiting for confirmation bfr i can celebrate a small victory on a pending issue

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:37 am

nonnus wrote:hey

do your work, priorities are priorities and i sure understand ;)

it is just funny that the only report i got from at least 10, 15 request was from japan !

but a bit cryptical, from what i understood everything went ok controlling finale2004

just waiting for confirmation bfr i can celebrate a small victory on a pending issue

But you've gotten some good feedback on 10.5 haven't you?

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:43 am

Downloaded but over the last couple days my iphone has had a huge lag in syncing with my computer during the stupid "Backing up...." phase, whatever the Hell that means.

So when the hamsters are finally done doing whatever they are doing is this going to be pretty self explanatory or is there some under the hood things I need to know about to configure it?

and I noticed all your apps on the store and more planned, ever planning to shove all this stuff in just one app?

nonnus

Post by nonnus » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:57 am

the initial concept was the one app to rule them all

but when i started noticing how tiny the scrren feels when u really start trying to use it i started having trouble to create a functionall navigation scheme

all the standard iphone ones use too much space for this kind of app, imo

i also feared that the mighty app could somewhat become too heavy for the device so decided to experiment with the current separate light weight apps

with enough user feedback, navigation schemes will surelly be tested and defined
with enough interest there is no reason why a iTM MidiPro cannot be released

i have been reserving it for a completely modular and user customizable app ;)
this is actually my dream iTM app,
the concept that started all this process
it just felt natural to fulfill the basics before

but first all current ones need to be completed with missing features

if only i knew if the 10.4 port is done with for now and could jump to next task
custom labels and colors for iTM Matrix...

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:26 am

Good stuff, well my iphone is still syncing so I will have to let you know later...hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Damn you Apple!!

I understand about the navigation bar taking up too much real estate, especially since on things like the grid all the space on the screen is being used and there's really no dead areas. Maybe if you shake it like a maniac it could go to a menu screen? Who knows.

nonnus

first human readable report !

Post by nonnus » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:41 am

first human readable report:

"(...)I was TRYING to fuck it up, triggering clips real rapidly just to try and screw things up, and it worked perfect 
Good work, you'll have a lot of happy 10.4 users I think(...)"

8O

8)

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:02 am

Finally got a chance to play around with it. Fantastic. The latency I get on the keyboard module isn't that great BUT I get shit MIDI latency on most things I plug in. I'll have to mess with it more with my soundcards. winner takes all.

It would be great if you could switch between the grid and the keyboard modules on the fly but that has to do with the real estate thing like you mentioned before. But I do have a request you could probably implement. On the keyboard module at the top it would be great if you could put a row of track arm buttons (well buttons for anything I guess) so that you could change between the tracks you are playing on the fly.

And of course MIDI feedback would be awesome if this could somehow show names of tracks you are triggering or maybe some kind of color coding system that you could program colors you associate with type of track. The 8X8 grid gets kind of blurry when working with anything towards the middle.

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:04 am

Hey, I'm chatting with nonnus on iChat now, lol.

beats, were you able to get MIDI mapping to work?

no luck here.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:10 am

Yeah I got it to work. I opened the iTouchMidi 10.4 program thingy he sent. Then in Live's prefs under MIDI I made sure Remote was on for iTouchMidi under the MIDI Ports.

Hey! I just realized I turned remote on for Input and not Output. I wonder what that will do....off to try it.