Obama wins, Dems will crush the weak-ass republicans cuz...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live

I am voting for

Obama
58%
McCain
8%
That chick from the Transformers movie
35%

Total votes: 80

landrvr1

Post by landrvr1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:16 pm

Tone Deft wrote:ChiDJ is a fail.

Rover - completely selective memory. first you say he's changed then you quote his track record.

Obama has no stance in immigration. FFS man, that's easy enough to rebuke:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/immigration/
you know better than to not do some basic research.

I'm not buying that he's not the same as Bush. when you're 72, 4 years ago isn't that long ago. old people don't change, that's human nature. should I backtrack to say he's 90% Bush. is the GOP even making an effort to refute this?

ethios - write in Ron Paul?
Well, those Immigration notes on Obama's website are platitudes. Not details. There's a big fucking gap between them. Certainly nothing to the extent of what you find within an actual bill (McCain-Kennedy). God is in the details; if I may use a very overused cliche.

No selective memory here. I acknowledge that he's flipped like a motherfucker, but simply don't agree that he's the Devil. That's just falling into the same Republican talk show type rhetoric; only backwards. Though, heh, all of those guys hate him as well.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:24 pm

cool.

can't wait for the debates to start. I watched most of the Republican debates, damn near kicked the TV screen in listening to those fucks talk.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:26 pm

ethios4 wrote:
knotkranky wrote: Participate, be counted and participate in history. Or don't
I participated by donating time, money, and energy to the Ron Paul campaign, and was part of the largest and most successful fully grassroots presidential campaign in history.
Oh man I didn't know you rocked like that.

Well... can you give a few minutes Nov. 4 and vote Obama anyway :)

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:01 pm

ethios4 wrote: I'm also thinking of opening a venue here. A college town of 100,000 that has only 2 venues?!? Lame. The two venues that do exist are not that great either. I figure if I can have a better sound system, and book better acts, without charging more, it would work. Or maybe it will stay a dream...
Hey, y'know Kranky has a shedload of PA equipment and some free time coming up. Maybe you two should get together. :D

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:24 pm

Pitch Black wrote:
ethios4 wrote: I'm also thinking of opening a venue here. A college town of 100,000 that has only 2 venues?!? Lame. The two venues that do exist are not that great either. I figure if I can have a better sound system, and book better acts, without charging more, it would work. Or maybe it will stay a dream...
Hey, y'know Kranky has a shedload of PA equipment and some free time coming up. Maybe you two should get together. :D
:idea: Dude, I've got free time right now! lol. Nice idea though, $180k takes it away 8)

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:34 am

I'll be right over....do you take an out-of-state check? :twisted:

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:38 am

knotkranky wrote:Well... can you give a few minutes Nov. 4 and vote Obama anyway :)
I sure will be watching and reading a lot between now and then. Honestly I hope Obama wins, so....

forge

Post by forge » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:12 am

djadonis206 wrote:
Moody wrote:
knotkranky wrote:Not voting is certainly no protest. Simply picking the best of the two for whatever reasons is respectable and has action in it and not voting simply hands it to McCain. Thanks a lot :wink:

Certainly not voting will not change a damn thing.

kids :roll:
I am guessing your kids rant was aimed towards myself. At no point did I say I would not vote. I simply stated it will not change a damn thing in this country and I certainly wish I was still a kid.
it wont change a thing?

over 70% of blacks are born into a single mother household.

1/2 of all black high schoolers will drop out of school

1/2 of the prison population is black

Homicide is the #1 killer of black men between the ages of 18 and 29

In the black community there are no black fathers and those that are left are either dead or in jail

so...

voting for someone like Senator Barack Obama

For once little black kids in America will have someone else besides LaBron James or Kobe Bryant to look up to

For once little black kids will see how far a good education will take them

For once black men and women will see a strong black family together, that stays together

This not only benefits the black community but America as a whole

the more productive people that are in a society the more productive that society becomes

when we stop subtracting from the pool and adding to the pool we all benefit

so voting does matter - maybe not to you but to millions of other people it does

there's already been numerous articles and human interest news specials on what the election means to the black community
nicely put Adonis

but I'd take that a step further and say that he may have already gone a long way to being that role model just by making it this far

what I'd be even more interested in would be what it says for the broader issue of race in general - once he became elected he would stop being 'the black candidate' and become 'the president'

I think it;s almost irrelevant what his policies are, he could be the man who really gets things moving in the US and makes huge steps towards restoring the image abroad

unless he does get in and do a really bad job of things

sadly I'm still sceptical he'll get that far - a lot of the attitudes we're seeing here for one - the people who don't vote will be the ones who let mccain in

but maybe Obama will do so much to bring out people who normally stay at home, like the younger people, that it will counter it

it is certainly the most interesting election probably ever

forge

Post by forge » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:23 am

man just reading this:
He announced the selection of Palin, 44, on his 72nd birthday.
I just can't believe there isn't a bigger deal being made about his age - the dude will be 76 at the end of his first term!!!! They stop letting people drive without yearly tests at 75

it's crazy

picking a young woman for VP doesn't change that - I mean out of all presidents ever there is probably the most real chance she could actually end up president - so who is she?

forge

Post by forge » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:25 am

heavensdaw wrote:Well either way.. It looks like there is going to be an even bigger mess to clear up, if his report from 'le Telegraf' in holland is in any way true 8O http://www.nowpublic.com/world/bombing- ... in-weeks-0

Hd
The US intends to carry out an aerial bombing campaign against Iran within weeks, credible sources say.
I'm always extremely wary of 'credible sources'

it could be "Jimm the janitor at the hague did half a pol. sci. degree, that's pretty credible!"

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:59 pm

no shit on the age forge, my dad is turning 72 this year.

my dad is not the average 72 year old. he's play tennis on 3 different leagues and works out every day. they guy can whoop 35 yr olds on the tennis court.

but he's losing it a little upstairs all the time. kinda sad. age does effect people.

wtf the guy has millions upon millions, what kind of person doesn't want to rest at the end of life and see the world.

my dad has been more busy since he retired almost 15 years ago.

these politicians that want to work until the day they die? sounds like big egos and power trips to me.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Male life expectancy in the US is roughly between 74 - 76

Then when McCain passes we may have Sarah Palin - prom queen hockey mom as our president

the beacon of hope and courage throughout the world

She is though my new Paris Hilton
Ableton | Elektron

Music

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:07 pm

doc holiday wrote:no shit on the age forge, my dad is turning 72 this year.

my dad is not the average 72 year old. he's a sex offender in 3 different states and works out every day. the guy can rape 35 yr olds on the tennis court.

but he's losing it a little upstairs all the time. kinda sad. age does effect people.

wtf the guy has millions upon millions, what kind of person doesn't want to rape at the end of life and see the world.

my dad has been more busy since he retired almost 15 years ago.

these politicians that want to work until the day they die? sounds like big egos and power trips to me.
good point
spreader of butter

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:05 pm

Maybe I will vote for Obama after all. My wife made a pretty good argument last night about an Obama win meaning something more than just his presidency. Like PB and Forge have been saying, international opinion hinges on this. The same holds true for my state....even though Oklahoma is the least likely state in the US to go Obama according to Newsweek, it would mean a lot if he came close here....an Obama win would be incredible for Oklahoma, even if Obama's presidency falls short of expectations. Voting for Obama is a symbolic vote for change in Oklahoma...that means a lot to me, so maybe I'll get over myself and vote Obama after all....

deva

Post by deva » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:35 pm

j2j wrote:Sorry mate, this would be huge news in the United States.

No way, no how, can Bush bomb Iran without Congress and the Senates Approval, and that wont happen before November 4th.
The Bush administration believes it has the authority to bomb Iran without Congressional approval. Congress is too wimpy to argue about. Not saying I think it is gonna happen, just that the administration has already stated that Bush already has the authority as Commander in Chief.