On Palins speech....

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:59 am

hambone1 wrote:All of this makes me SO glad I don't live in the USA any more.

What a sad, embarrassing circus... :(
choose to see it like MLK 4 prez - whatever the reality, see the cup half full 8)

we all probably know b0unce is right and the world is doomed, but fuck it lets pretend for a while

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:10 am

elxicano wrote: @Forge... I love the way the dems are taking this... She's just a heartbeat away from being in charge. That's some scary shit. No passport till 2007. In recent interview w/CNBC, she said she wouldn't comment on being in running for VP pick until someone told her what exactly a VP does and that it can benefit Alaska.
hopefully they are making a bigger deal in the US - I'm hearing it mentioned, but it should be the main talking point

we try and stop some of these old buggers from driving - making them leader of one of the most powerful nations?

no offence to the senior citizens of the world, but some of my fave over 70 relatives I would never let get so disillusioned to run the world

dont care who you are 76 is too old to finish your first term

44 may not be too young, but dizzy gun toting alaskan beauty queen is maybe too dumb

poor fucker who knoced up her daughter never knew what he had coming -pardon the pun

hambone1
Posts: 5346
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:31 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi

Post by hambone1 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:21 am

forge wrote:
hambone1 wrote:All of this makes me SO glad I don't live in the USA any more.

What a sad, embarrassing circus... :(
choose to see it like MLK 4 prez - whatever the reality, see the cup half full 8)

we all probably know b0unce is right and the world is doomed, but fuck it lets pretend for a while
Good point.

Might as well enjoy the ride!

Image

OvertoneZero
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:16 pm

Post by OvertoneZero » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:16 pm

Mesmer wrote: 2008:
Choose
Death
Or
Taxes

Haha good one there buddy haha

ethios4
Posts: 5377
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:28 am

Post by ethios4 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:13 pm

Tone Deft wrote:Palin clips on youtube are being taken down, like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0UQbA0Z ... re=related

her in a church talking about everything from a natural gas pipeline to the Iraq war being part of god's will.
VOMIT!!!!! wtf? She's even worse than I thought....straight up religious manipulation.... Of course, if it comes up the McCain campaign will try to draw a parallel with Obama's Rev Wright....one big difference is that Obama wasn't the one on the stage.

elxicano
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:57 am
Location: NYC

Post by elxicano » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:25 pm

forge wrote:
elxicano wrote: @Forge... I love the way the dems are taking this... She's just a heartbeat away from being in charge. That's some scary shit. No passport till 2007. In recent interview w/CNBC, she said she wouldn't comment on being in running for VP pick until someone told her what exactly a VP does and that it can benefit Alaska.
hopefully they are making a bigger deal in the US - I'm hearing it mentioned, but it should be the main talking point

we try and stop some of these old buggers from driving - making them leader of one of the most powerful nations?

no offence to the senior citizens of the world, but some of my fave over 70 relatives I would never let get so disillusioned to run the world

dont care who you are 76 is too old to finish your first term

44 may not be too young, but dizzy gun toting alaskan beauty queen is maybe too dumb

poor fucker who knoced up her daughter never knew what he had coming -pardon the pun
#1 article on Yahoo new right now... Sarh Palin Queen of the Nobodies.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucru/20080904/c ... henobodies

I agree as well... nothing against senior citizens, but a bit careless to choose a VP who may very likely end up taking over IF elected with the next 4 years, that has NO experience and thinks Alaska is the center of the universe.

Just too much power in that office for another "numbnut" (read the article) to have been choosen.

Scary times...

By the way, congrats on the new releases with grooveboxmusic. I'll be checking it out soon.

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:23 pm

ohiowa wrote:the stage is just being set for a Palin vs. Hillary Clinton election a few years down the line.

she's given hope to conservatives the way obama has to anyone who isn't conservative.

now mccain can run against "the liberal media" rather than obama, taking a new angle and lumping obama in with it is the only way they can win.
disagree.

are you paying any attention? the GOP does not like her. it sounds cute for her to run against Hillary but that's never gonna happen. Palin really strikes me as someone who was happy being in Alaska, grass roots politician, more into the people than Washington. being in a small town church community working for Alaska, she doesn't strike me as the Washington type.


hambone - what's embarrassing about it? just people like you who don't know what's going on but are doing all the whining. as if any English elections are ever interesting. fuck the queen, fuck Prince Charles, that shit's embarrassing.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Kodama
Posts: 1949
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:07 am
Location: PDX

Post by Kodama » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:42 pm

I feel like the people here who are so charged up are just excited about her made up face and that bun thing she straps on her head (vilf?).

If you can't separate sexual attraction from a person's true nature, then please don't vote, we don't need a hot nazi now, or when one of Phelp's daughters runs for prez.

Image
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:55 pm

funny condensed version of McCain's speech last night.
I want to thank the president for keeping us safe from more attacks like the one that he failed to prevent during his first term.

As a first lady, Cindy will rock.

I respect Sen. Obama. We're both Americans. But only one of us was a POW.

After I win, I'll work closely with any other patriot who was a POW.

My friends, please shut up with the "USA" chants. I have to finish this in prime time, before I get cut off for the local news.

I know it's tough to be unemployed. If we didn't have a government, you'd all still have jobs. Sarah Palin will help me do away with government.

Sarah Palin has a lot of kids, just like me. We could start our own little town in Alaska.

Change is coming. We'll fix stuff. We're maverick repairmen.

I fought corruption. You don't remember that Keating thing, do you? I'm the only Republican who didn't take money from Jack Abramoff.

Everything the crazy Democrats in Congress want to spend money on, I'll veto. Everything. I swear I will.

I won the war in Iraq. The surge was all mine. I'd rather lose an election than see my country lose a war. Have you ever heard that before?

Let me give you the names of some people I'm fighting for. I can't tell you exactly what I'll do for them if I'm elected, but I'm fighting for them anyway. Mostly I'm fighting to get elected.

Republicans lost your trust by being corrupt. I want nothing to do with Republicans. I'm all about change. And Lincoln. And Roosevelt (not saying which Roosevelt).

Republicans believe in stuff. We believe in letting rich people keep their money. We believe in judges who don't legislate from the bench unless they're overturning laws that regulate businesses.

My opponent will raise taxes. (Boo.) He'll increase spending. (Boo.) He'll eliminate all your jobs. (Boo.) He won't let you visit your doctor. (Boo.)

Unemployment compensation is outdated. We're going to eliminate it. That will help the economy by forcing you to find a job, even if it's at McDonald's. In the meantime you can go to a community college to study fast food restaurant management.

We need to give parents a choice about which underfunded school their kids should attend. Rich parents will be able to send their kids to private schools, just like always. That's change.

We're going to cut the rest of the world off from foreign aid. That'll make other countries stop hating us.

We're going to drill, drill, drill. We'll even drill in the back yards of all the nuclear power plants we'll build. This will make our planet healthy.

It's time to start new wars. Iran and Russia come to mind. That's change. I hate wars, but I love to start them. We can only achieve peace by starting new wars.

I will reach out my hand to anyone who doesn't bite it. I have scars. Call me Scarface. Obama is scarless. Can you trust a man who isn't scarred?

Did you know I was a POW? No really, I was. I never loved my country until I became a POW. Wait, didn't Michelle Obama get in trouble for saying something like that?

I don't think I'm all that and a bag of chips like Obama does.

You should join the military or become a teacher or whatever so you can serve a cause greater than yourself. My cause is becoming president of the greatest country on Earth.

I'm going to keep talking through the applause in the hope that the broadcast network stations haven't switched to local news.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

ohiowa
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:14 am
Location: chicago, illinois u.s.

Post by ohiowa » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:26 pm

Tone Deft wrote: disagree.

are you paying any attention? the GOP does not like her. it sounds cute for her to run against Hillary but that's never gonna happen. Palin really strikes me as someone who was happy being in Alaska, grass roots politician, more into the people than Washington. being in a small town church community working for Alaska, she doesn't strike me as the Washington type.


hambone - what's embarrassing about it? just people like you who don't know what's going on but are doing all the whining. as if any English elections are ever interesting. fuck the queen, fuck Prince Charles, that shit's embarrassing.
everything i'm seeing is the republican party touting palin as the second coming. If she was "happy being in alaska" and "not the washington type" then why is she on the ticket? I don't necessarily think it's coming down to palin vs. clinton in the future, but i do think that this is the republican party's ploy for a new "image" one that's "new and fresh". You have to admit, if she gets the VP seat she'll run for president after McCain's term is up. Perhaps they're seeing a decline in people interested in the "stuffy old white guy" thing and are trying to set up something new for the future. I have to admit it's made the race rather interesting here in the last few weeks of it. Mostly i like hearing all the pundits who were spewing ridiculously bigoted rhetoric against Clinton calling the "liberal media" sexist against Palin even though all the scrutiny i've seen of her has been based on her policies and not her gender.
// u n u r //
moderntapes.com/unur
facebook.com/uunnuurr
anywhere anyone 12"ep
coming soon!

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:56 pm

ohiowa wrote:everything i'm seeing is the republican party touting palin as the second coming. If she was "happy being in alaska" and "not the washington type" then why is she on the ticket? I don't necessarily think it's coming down to palin vs. clinton in the future, but i do think that this is the republican party's ploy for a new "image" one that's "new and fresh". You have to admit, if she gets the VP seat she'll run for president after McCain's term is up. Perhaps they're seeing a decline in people interested in the "stuffy old white guy" thing and are trying to set up something new for the future. I have to admit it's made the race rather interesting here in the last few weeks of it. Mostly i like hearing all the pundits who were spewing ridiculously bigoted rhetoric against Clinton calling the "liberal media" sexist against Palin even though all the scrutiny i've seen of her has been based on her policies and not her gender.
why are they hyping her? because they have to. dig deeper, read some articles, listen to some commentary, people aren't happy with her as the VP candidate.

why is she on the ticket? geez, that's last week's news. so McCain can get the undecided vote, the people who want a woman on the ticket, the pissed off Democrats who wanted Hillary. she was picked because she's a woman, probably also because she wants to drill Alaska, there's not much else to her. Hillary created a certain niche of voters, with her gone that niche needs a home, simple as that.

yes, there's that image thing. one really odd thing about this last week at the RNC is no mention, no tribute, no presence of the current president, that never happens. usually when the party has the presidency they bring the guy out to the convention and rant how great he is and how great the party is and isn't it all just great. not this time, it's the image.


something you may have missed that went into my thinking... a few months ago there was a buzz about her being a possible VP pick, her response was "what does a VP do exactly?" and then went on to say she'd be more effective as the governor of Alaska.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUMWJoLR1sM
she's such a sarcastic prick! she didn't pursue the VP position, she was dragged into it, she'd rather be in Alaska.


anything can happen, for all we know Palin will run with Ms McCain next election vs Palin's soon to be son in law as the Democrat with Rupaul as VP.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Machinesworking
Posts: 11131
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:07 pm

Tone Deft wrote: why are they hyping her? because they have to. dig deeper, read some articles, listen to some commentary, people aren't happy with her as the VP candidate.
A lot of republicans weren't happy with McCain either.
why is she on the ticket? geez, that's last week's news. so McCain can get the undecided vote, the people who want a woman on the ticket, the pissed off Democrats who wanted Hillary. she was picked because she's a woman, probably also because she wants to drill Alaska, there's not much else to her. Hillary created a certain niche of voters, with her gone that niche needs a home, simple as that.
Hillary isn't a redneck, and she's not a rabid born again. I think you're missing out on the point of McCain getting a solid % of the christian fundamentalist vote, plus the dumber rednecks are almost a guarantee. The west coast variety won't buy into her schtick maybe, but the midwest swing states just got tougher.
I seriously don't think republicans would win much elections if they hadn't shanghaied the average IQ christian blue color reactionary vote.
something you may have missed that went into my thinking... a few months ago there was a buzz about her being a possible VP pick, her response was "what does a VP do exactly?" and then went on to say she'd be more effective as the governor of Alaska.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUMWJoLR1sM
she's such a sarcastic prick! she didn't pursue the VP position, she was dragged into it, she'd rather be in Alaska.
All modern republicans do this, it's annoying. Claiming to be anti big government while running for higher office positions. She didn't say no did she? :roll:

doc holiday
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:49 am
Location: NOW

Post by doc holiday » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:37 pm

has anyone else noticed after the republicans called "liberal media" a couple days ago the media has been kissing republican butt?

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:11 pm

I disagree with your post MW.
Machinesworking wrote:
Tone Deft wrote: why are they hyping her? because they have to. dig deeper, read some articles, listen to some commentary, people aren't happy with her as the VP candidate.
A lot of republicans weren't happy with McCain either.
uhhhh he won the primary, he's as liked as any of them are going to be. there's a straight up answer to his popularity.
why is she on the ticket? geez, that's last week's news. so McCain can get the undecided vote, the people who want a woman on the ticket, the pissed off Democrats who wanted Hillary. she was picked because she's a woman, probably also because she wants to drill Alaska, there's not much else to her. Hillary created a certain niche of voters, with her gone that niche needs a home, simple as that.
Hillary isn't a redneck, and she's not a rabid born again. I think you're missing out on the point of McCain getting a solid % of the christian fundamentalist vote, plus the dumber rednecks are almost a guarantee. The west coast variety won't buy into her schtick maybe, but the midwest swing states just got tougher.
I seriously don't think republicans would win much elections if they hadn't shanghaied the average IQ christian blue color reactionary vote.
she was not picked because of religion. a solid percentage of the fundamentalist vote? that's easy, he's staunch pro-life, done deal. religion has nothing to do with Palin as a pick. do you think the fundies are going to vote pro choice Democrat? this isn't an issue.
something you may have missed that went into my thinking... a few months ago there was a buzz about her being a possible VP pick, her response was "what does a VP do exactly?" and then went on to say she'd be more effective as the governor of Alaska.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUMWJoLR1sM
she's such a sarcastic prick! she didn't pursue the VP position, she was dragged into it, she'd rather be in Alaska.
All modern republicans do this, it's annoying. Claiming to be anti big government while running for higher office positions. She didn't say no did she? :roll:
did you even watch the video? I didn't say she claimed anything, it's what she said, how she said it and what she followed it up with. show me a single example of a politician on video sarcastically putting down a position for which they'll get picked to fill. just one, can you even come close?

sorry, I don't see any of that as being pertinent.



doc - what's funny is that there have been quite a few 'open mic' gaffes where the talking heads will rant at how the election is over and how absurd the Palin pick was. dunno if I've ever heard the conservatives praise the media, just themselves.

Edit -
open mic bashing Palin after giving glowing commentary on air
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCEjIHwyw0c
Last edited by Tone Deft on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

mikemc
Posts: 5454
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:14 pm
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Post by mikemc » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:03 pm

don't forget to vote, but especially don't forget to buy guns.

Post Reply