Motu Ultralite MK-3 Reverb routing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
anch

Motu Ultralite MK-3 Reverb routing

Post by anch » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:13 pm

Hi! a can't use Motu Ultralite MK-3 Reverb on SENDS. The question is how to routing Motu's DSP.
May be anybody know, help me please.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:27 pm

Sorry to pirate your thread, but how do you like the MKIII so far?
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:17 pm

Kodama wrote:Sorry to pirate your thread, but how do you like the MKIII so far?
yeah id like to hear too - ive had one on order forever..

anch

Post by anch » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:36 am

Motu Ultralite MK-3 sounds very good. I like it for stability and small latency (2 ms). This fireware interface don't eat CPU power from computer. My previous Presonus FireBox need about 10% CPU power on my PowerBook G4. But the main is stability during performances. Plus not bad reverb and good compressors. I also use mic and guitar pres on it.

anch

Post by anch » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:27 pm

OK, now I know that 11-12 outs - REVERB, so i'm sending signal from Ableton to any external out and then - from this jut to reverb/ Then on new track I organise input from 11-12 external. May be it's not the finest way? but it's working!

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:46 am

whoah - you're using the outputs on the ultralite (11-12) and patching them back into the soundcard for reverb?

seems like one should be able to do this from within the cue mix software, but not sure.

i finally got my ultralite and am happy with it, but cant get my brain around the cue mix software. anyone know of any alternative manuals / tutorials on this thing?

samtastic

Re: Motu Ultralite MK-3 Reverb routing

Post by samtastic » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:51 pm

it took me ages to work it out, but this is how i got the MOTU's reverb working within Live...

so, i've found that in my case, the MOTU's reverb returns on Live's inputs 13 & 14... this seems to be a dedicated virtual channel to the reverb unit's output.

and i'm using output 5 in Live to send to the MOTU's reverb. so in Live, i've got a return channel set-up using the External Effect Device, with Audio To 5 and Audio From 13/14... this way, i can control from within Live what is being sent to the reverb unit and how much.

to get this to work with the MOTU, i've got a patch cable running from output 5 to input 7 on the back of the MOTU. And using the MOTU's CueMix FX software, in the INPUTS tab, i've got channel 7 sending to the reverb unit, using the 'VERB SND' pot at the bottom of the input channel (make sure you've got the reverb unit turned on, in its own tabbed section).

And that's it.... so, in my case, whatever is physically hooked up to input 7 on the rear of the MOTU Ultralite MkIII will be sent to its internal reverb unit... and in my case, that's a patchcable from Output 5, which is where Live is sending audio via an External Effects Device in one of its return channels.

the only thing that's missing in this case, is the ability to control the reverb unit's parameters from within Live... mmmm, that would be nice... anyone know of a way to do this?

hope this helps someone! it was driving me mad! thankfully it's a very nice sounding reverb:)

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:30 am

Thanks for posting that. I've been curious about using the DSP stuff, but had plenty of reverb plugins to keep me ignorant about figuring out the routing and messing with cuemix :)

DXP

Post by DXP » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:33 am

Can anyone confirm that only output 3/4 is routed internaly to input 11/12? Is this a fixed thing?? cant find anything to config that!?
Just pickled one up cheap. Love it! But its a bit of a tiny monster to figure out

grrrz

Post by grrrz » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:51 pm

DXP wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:33 am
Can anyone confirm that only output 3/4 is routed internaly to input 11/12? Is this a fixed thing?? cant find anything to config that!?
Just pickled one up cheap. Love it! But its a bit of a tiny monster to figure out
not sure how you digged a 2008 thread, but you can choose from which output to route the return input with the return assign menu in the MOTU audio setup application (among other things). default would be main out. If you didn't edit it it will appear as input 11/12.

DXP

Post by DXP » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:18 am

Live safer! thank u sir. The tread.. i guess googel was my friend. :)
indeed i overlooked the extra Box

its a little champ this AI!
DSP return Unit is fixed to 13/14?
regards

grrrz

Post by grrrz » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:24 pm

DXP wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:18 am
Live safer! thank u sir. The tread.. i guess googel was my friend. :)
indeed i overlooked the extra Box

its a little champ this AI!
DSP return Unit is fixed to 13/14?
regards
I mean I still have the original FW version and it's still rocking; this is a solid little box. Yes it appears there's a reverb return on 13/14; I never actually used it; I think you can rename it but it will still be 13/14. what would be nifty with this interface would be to be able to directly plug a midi controller and control the cuemix to use it as a mixer. You can do it somehow with the mackie HUI protocol but it's not simple.