I recorded toggle RTA button in arrangement. How to undo?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zeepster

I recorded toggle RTA button in arrangement. How to undo?

Post by zeepster » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:30 pm

I accidently hit the RTA (return to arrangement) button when i was recording a midi part, now everytime i playback that part of my song the RTA button goes to red. :(

If i mute the midi part the RTA stays off so i'm sure the command is in there.
I want to keep the midi part on and it will be hard to rerecord everything i did in there.

I've searched through every recorded controller data but i can't find the RTA part anywhere. Does anybody know where i can find it?

Cheers!

Live 7 / XP

zeepster

Post by zeepster » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:06 am

Really noone has this happen to them before??

Playing back a part switches return to arrangement to red. This is because some 'hidden' midi data inside the part. Where can i find it?

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:15 am

i recommend creating a test set with just one midi track.

then duplicate the problem to see how to fix it.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:31 am

Excuse me, answering with ignorance here: did you have a look in the Master track for any abberant controller recording. Dunno if this helps... sorry

bensuthers

Post by bensuthers » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:08 am

> Playing back a part switches return to arrangement to red

expected behavior. rtfm.

zeepster

Post by zeepster » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:01 am

doc holiday wrote:i recommend creating a test set with just one midi track.
then duplicate the problem to see how to fix it.
I will try to do this, i know more of the cause of the problem now so i should be on the right track to reproduce it.
Pitch Black wrote:Excuse me, answering with ignorance here: did you have a look in the Master track for any abberant controller recording. Dunno if this helps... sorry
Yes i checked the mastertrack :). It was the first thing i thought of. Having worked with Cubase (before switching to Live), these sort of midi data were recorded and visible in the 'master' track. In Live though, there i no controller data recorded/visible in the master track.

I narrowed the issue down to inside the midi part, where if i delete the controller data for a certain knob of the vsti i recorded (cutoff freq). the arrangement works normal and the RTA button no longer turns on by itself in this part of the song.

There is nothing else but cutoff midi data in this part so i don't get why RTA should go on by itself at this point.. I've recorded the same stuff many times before without it happening.

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:51 pm

bensuthers wrote:> Playing back a part switches return to arrangement to red

expected behavior. rtfm.
i think he means something in arrange is triggering something in session to cause the arrangement to stop.

when the red light pops up something in session has been triggered to stop the arrangement.

you can make a blank set. and import the questionable track into a blank set to diagnose.