Omnisphere - less might actually be more ???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
steved

Omnisphere - less might actually be more ???

Post by steved » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:44 pm

OK ... a bit of context ( it's super sensitive ) I might have had a couple of bottles of 'Old Rosie Cloudy Scrumpy' 7.3% proof ... and then I went and checked out Omnisphere at the Specrasonics site ... and then ... omg ... I'm lost for words ...

So far I've picked up on the fact that it's ...

'super simple' ( i.e it's bloody complex )
and it's 'Context Sensitive' ( i.e it's bloody complex )
and 'lets say we have five different projects with six different people spread all over the globe ...' ( i.e my life is bloody complex )
... and it's bloody complex

It's a love / hate thing with Eric and his guys - you 'gotta' respect them for all the thousands of hours they put in to developing their products ( yeah , I know - they do it for the money too ) - and I used to have a lot of fun jamming with RMX ... but in the post post modern world ... is there any chance that less might actually be more ... and we just need to ' bang the drum' - or at least go out and set light to something ourselves ...

We got a Remix, a Pop Song, a Video Game a TV Pilot and a Film Score ...and we want them all to have that distinctive Spectrasonic sound ... we love you guys

To Harry Hill it would be simple ... we have the 'Super Context Sensitive Complex context virtual synth ( not a rompler ) vs. The increasingly plain and downright simple .......... FIGHT !!!

Any thoughts ...... ?
Nocturn early adopter ....

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:25 pm

Less may be more, but more is more than less ;D I'm sure as hell going to have fun with it. Whether it'll be through sound design or making actual tunes remains to be seen :)