What burns my arse

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:42 pm

Lamb bhuna always burns my arse.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:28 pm

I really don't see the logic here.

I run a gas station for my retired parents. If I one day put a promotion on that said "buy one red bull get a second for free" would there be logic to someone who came in from the day prior and saying "I bought one yesterday, that isn't fair, you should give me a second for free too" and I would simply say "the promotion started today, not yesterday"

I mean it sucks to not get something for free, but it's not a valid complaint to the company but just a complaint about the unfairness of life in general. and yeah, life isn't fair.

what about all the people who paid for rebirth back in the day and then one day rebirth becomes a free download, should all those people get their money back? nope. are those people irritated? probably..
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

trash

Post by trash » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:37 pm

guess you didnt buy it a month before it became free then....
it cost 200 quid here.
logic cost around 600 quid at the time...

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:42 pm

no I didn't, but you're still complaining that life isn't fair. you don't go back to a store when they have a sale and say you want the sale price now since you bought your item only a month prior.

it sucks, I agree with you. but don't blame ableton, thats the way promotions work.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:18 am

j2j wrote:I really don't think, "I should have a free Operator Synth," is cause for a complaint.
it is when they promise it in an offer. its called false advertising

Mr Lager

Post by Mr Lager » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:39 am

Johnisfaster wrote: If I one day put a promotion on that said "buy one red bull get a second for free" would there be logic to someone who came in from the day prior and saying "I bought one yesterday, that isn't fair, you should give me a second for free too" and I would simply say "the promotion started today, not yesterday" .
This is a £300 piece of software with support included , not a can of redbull
Johnisfaster wrote:what about all the people who paid for rebirth back in the day .
If you can name one person who 'paid' for rebirth back in the day i would be impressed. :lol: