All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: show tonight @ tonic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:35 pm 

qpe wrote:
the show tonight is at tonic (107 norfolk) in manhattan's lower east side.

dj olive goes on early (8pm or so) so come early...

nice.

Post subject: Re: share
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:00 pm 

noah wrote:
I went to share a few weeks ago around 10-11pm and all I found was a guy djing mp3s with tractor (no offense to the guy, but I was looking for original music and curious to see Live in use).

maybe I just caught it on a very slow night, but I'm wondering, is it an unusually early or late gathering?

thanks. I look forward to peering over your shoulders ;)

it is definitely an "earlier the better" kind of thing . . . the open jam usually starts in the 4-5pm area and goes til about 8, when there's a featured artist . . . by 10 it's usually the "listed" performer/dj for that night.

while i'd like to be there this sunday, looks like the event of the day is going to be monolake in central park! :)

cheers

:: | m e m e t i c | ::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:21 pm 
share is generally over by 10pm. it is an early event from 5pm -9:30pm on sunday....

and what happens from week to week is variable....

Post subject: Re: share
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:47 pm 
noah wrote:
I went to share a few weeks ago around 10-11pm and all I found was a guy djing mp3s with tractor (no offense to the guy, but I was looking for original music and curious to see Live in use).

maybe I just caught it on a very slow night, but I'm wondering, is it an unusually early or late gathering?

thanks. I look forward to peering over your shoulders ;)

it is definitely an "earlier the better" kind of thing . . . the open jam usually starts in the 4-5pm area and goes til about 8, when there's a featured artist . . . by 10 it's usually the "listed" performer/dj for that night.

while i'd like to be there this sunday, looks like the event of the day is going to be monolake in central park! :)

cheers

:: | m e m e t i c | ::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:55 pm 

I think Share's really supposed to run from 5-9pm, with the 8-9pm reserved for the 'featured' performer.

I stopped by there around 7pm and aside from one sucka using Traktor, most people were playing with Live, Reason or their sequencer.

Dell 6000d: 2.0ghz Pentium 760 | 1gb DDR2 ram
Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type