All times are UTC

Post subject: more venues . . .
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 4:29 pm 

chris_borgia wrote:
any other nights that might be laptop music friendly-> feel free to bring them on.

okay, i'm feelin' free . . . here are a few more things to check out:

01 aug: ghetto glitch- it's in brooklyn, but most likely worth the trip - just hop in a cab and give him the address - cab ride from the village will probably set you back $15, but at least you know you'll get there. if you know nyc, then by all means take the subway. :-)

every thursday, subtonic (the downstairs lounge at tonic): dj olive and toshio kajiwara host phonomena

and every friday, at APT, you'll find ursula1000 - probably more 'traditional' turntablism, but worth checking out

and it's too bad you've got to split so soon - monolake will be appearing in Central Park on 11 aug - definitely looking forward to that one!

cheers, have fun in the city!

::| m e m e t i c |::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:22 pm 
i recommend ghettoglitch but i am biased.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:05 pm 

qpe= i will come check you out at ghettoglitch, see you there :)
memetic:: thanks!

if you want to get together before the show and talk shop, shoot me an email- datagroove@yahoo.com

::chris_borgia::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:43 pm 

Chris,

Wondering if you showed up or not. If you didn't, you missed what may have been the worst rapper since Vincent Price in 'Thriller.' The good music started pretty late with Lloop, but 2 hours+ of the extremely bad rapper (and possible event organizer) was excruciating. If you're still around, check out Share on Sunday - that's worthwhile and won't set you back $10 to get in.

Dell 6000d: 2.0ghz Pentium 760 | 1gb DDR2 ram
Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:03 am 
everything was running so late that few people stuck around long enough to see my set.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:40 pm 
I wish things hadn't run so late - your set was why I went. Look forward to seeing you another time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:23 pm 
if you are around next thursday, August 8th, i will be performing with a number of other artists well worth seeing at tonic including lloop, o.blaat (the max/msp genius marking her return from the other side of the world), dj rupture, dj olive and toshio kajiwara plus others. this will take place on both floors so the normally free phonomena will not take place that week.

my schedule of performances is slowing down as i began working seriously on my follow up album.

i will be attending share but not as a performer but to listen and hang out this weekend. so if you want to talk laptops and music just ask around for qpe and someone will point me out. you can e-mail me qpe@qpe.info and i can keep you up to date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:38 pm 

That 'guest' post was me - damn annoying how you get logged out every so often.

I'll probably stop by Share on Sunday - and we have met previously, at Lapdance.

Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:04 am 

yes, it was supremely disappointing until that annoying *un*rapper ceased and desisted . . . lloop's set was groovy as always . . . sorry we couldn't hang, qpe, had to split at around 1.

don't think i'm gonna make it to share tomorrow - will probably be laying down tracks all day/night . . . but the set at tonic sounds cool . . .

cheers

:: | m e m e t i c | ::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:46 pm 

qpe,

Sorry I didn't make it to Share yesterday - I ditched the city for a cool suburban pool instead!

Post subject: ny isnt a mac town, necessarily
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:40 pm 

the event at remote lounge was set up in connection with the mac expo. i had to speak up as a pc ny performer.

corey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:49 pm 

qpe wrote:
if you are around next thursday, August 8th, i will be performing with a number of other artists well worth seeing at tonic including lloop, o.blaat (the max/msp genius marking her return from the other side of the world), dj rupture, dj olive and toshio kajiwara plus others. this will take place on both floors so the normally free phonomena will not take place that week.

my schedule of performances is slowing down as i began working seriously on my follow up album.

i will be attending share but not as a performer but to listen and hang out this weekend. so if you want to talk laptops and music just ask around for qpe and someone will point me out. you can e-mail me qpe@qpe.info and i can keep you up to date.
'

where is this show going to be? i'd love to peep it. huge dj olive fan here. please let me know and i will bring heads to the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:54 pm 

Rx wrote:
qpe,

Sorry I didn't make it to Share yesterday - I ditched the city for a cool suburban pool instead!

ha ha! same here. i finally found something good about Long Island...my parents pool! hope the heatwave is gone. cheers.

Post subject: show tonight @ tonic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 7:50 pm 
the show tonight is at tonic (107 norfolk) in manhattan's lower east side.

dj olive goes on early (8pm or so) so come early...

Post subject: share
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:55 pm 
I went to share a few weeks ago around 10-11pm and all I found was a guy djing mp3s with tractor (no offense to the guy, but I was looking for original music and curious to see Live in use).

maybe I just caught it on a very slow night, but I'm wondering, is it an unusually early or late gathering?

thanks. I look forward to peering over your shoulders ;)