why is so expensive?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rhodes

why is so expensive?

Post by rhodes » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:48 pm

i think ableton live is too expensive.
i can't afford to buy any ableton software
i HAVE to download it in a php software, i want to make music, i dont want to sell my liver to pay a 499 US software.
people of ableton have to pay attention, not all your costumers live in switzerland or any rich country.

tjwett

Post by tjwett » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:27 pm

first of all, it's NOT $499. go to a retailer and you'll see a much cheaper price. second of all, don't be a douche.

Re: why is so expensive?

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:53 pm

rhodes wrote:i think ableton live is too expensive.
i can't afford to buy any ableton software
i HAVE to download it in a php software, i want to make music, i dont want to sell my liver to pay a 499 US software.
people of ableton have to pay attention, not all your costumers live in switzerland or any rich country.
YOU FORCED IT UPON YOURSELF

drush

Post by drush » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:58 pm

how about 52% off then
https://www.interstatemusic.com/webapp/ ... 2&prevcat=

go get a job and quit whining about how you have to steal.

David

Post by David » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:09 am

my god that is cheeeeeeap!

David

Post by David » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:09 am

£130 quid...damn good price sir!

danger4dollars

Post by danger4dollars » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:37 am

"not all your costumers live in switzerland or any rich country."

The US isn't a rich country?

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:07 am

Hey I'm on a pension due to health problems and I managed to save up for 12 months to get Live so what the hell is your excuse.
And NO I didn't go to some dodgy pHp server for a crack in the meantime.
If you can't afford it you can't afford it ...FULLSTOP.
Funny though you could afford to buy the damn computer you've got the crack on 8O 8O 8O :x .............
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:08 am

Oh and GUEST enough with the derogatory GAYdar references already.
It's old ,tired and over the hill. :?
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:31 am

to have gaydar, dont you have to be GAY!!!!!!!

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:26 am

Yeh this Guy that keeps posting his completely humourless gay detector posts is very annoying. Dude do you think your funny? Your obviously thick as 2 planks and about the age of 12 because you have posted that same picture about 100 times on this board. One time was slightly funny......Now your simply showing how thick you are.

Get some humour lessons, or is that way beyond your intelligence...Hmmmm I think its is.

Anyway, just to keep you happy heres one last laugh for you

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Thing is Im laughing at you!!

:P :P

homolake

Post by homolake » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:48 pm

Watch out Guest,

Live 4 comes with a build in homophobia detector.
if you are going to use it you will only be ableton to create
boring vocal house.

har har. yeah

creepjoint

Post by creepjoint » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:50 pm

homolake wrote:Watch out Guest,

Live 4 comes with a build in homophobia detector.
if you are going to use it you will only be ableton to create
boring vocal house.

har har. yeah
no way, then Im definately not upgrading Lol

GHOST FX

Post by GHOST FX » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:54 pm

Ok, we need to use this forum to help each other out, not waste time that you could be making music with.

My best way to answer your question rhodes is that yeah, it may be just software, but people make money using Ableton, and some make a lot of money using Ableton.

I do agree with you that they do set the bar pretty high on price but you have to look at Ableton as a software...
Its native user interface, simple midi interfacing, constant updates, built-in ready to go effects. built in instruments & presets... needless to say they worked their butts off to make such a beautiful DAW. Also I've always said and do believe that you don't just let every joe to walk into it, for some reason it ruins the integrity of that media (to me at least).

Ableton makes the attempt of giving you a free demo trial and Live Lite to start with as you slowly upgrade. They also make constant changes and even introduced new versions (i'm still using live8 & have no intentions to change that)

Although Ableton is a leading name in DAWs, it really has a reason to be. Just download a free DAW (like Audacity) and compare the differences in the GUI, the folder navigation, plug-in navigation, audio tracking, level monitoring, etc.

when making music it's about workflow... how fluid things go when it comes to a computer can involve lots of preparation, Ableton just tries to make that process a little more user friendly

Lastly please use this forum correctly, we're musicians but some of us can't seem to maintain harmony. GHOSTFX

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:59 pm

@ghostfx

Speaking of not wasting time and using this forum correctly, why do you pull up a thread that has already died like 10 years ago ?

Bit necrophile, if you ask me.