So will you be buying it???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
emef

Post by emef » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

i`m sure i will use vsti`s but i`m really looking forward to be able to control my novation drumstation and nord micromodular with ableton.
everything from one screen... fucking cool

dhanjit

Post by dhanjit » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:56 am

After 10 minutes with the beta, what can I say ? :D :o :lol: 8)

I mainly use Reason (only a very few VSTi), but being able to drag and drop the midi clips, just like audio, is superb! Looks like I'll be doing a lot of midi sequencing in Live.

I will definitely be upgrading.

claudek

Live 4 is the first!

Post by claudek » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:39 am

I was thinking about it and a few of the posts in here are related particularly to Reason / Live users. I ditched Reason over a year now
as I just found my music to sound thin and not so warm. (my own opinion). Anyway, I notice those dissing 4.0 update and saying it should not go beyond audio looping DAW are kind of like sunk in with that Propellerheads mentality..Props offer updates like once per year. Look at how hard Ableton work..Look at the progression since 1.0
They want to grow and open doors for them and for us. Props have this conservative mentality about midi out, VSTi support and all this other rubbish. They rarely make the DAW for what the users ask..They know VSTI support is hard work , maybe that si why they do not supoort it..
Abletons are working there as off to bring it all in one environment..
Also to suport all VSTI formats is incredible.
I think they kind of cornered themselves in there own lonely corner. Compare a Refill or the Subtractor to say a Pro 53 or a Korg MS20 AU/VSTI. You cannot..Ableton have taken the big dare to be the first audio looping and midi DAW..Logic will be there soon, but I'm sure not as good as Live with there audio elestic skills. Also the price will be almost 2 times that of Live. Anyway, I'm really happy for Ableton and what they have done..They are taking a big chance but for the better..Just wait how big live will be in 5 months.
Mac G4 Quicksilver 1000GHz / Motu 828 /OSX 10.3.9
&
Mac Ibook G4 800GHz OSX 10.3.9 /Core Audio/M Audio Oxy 8
PC: ASUS 2.8 GHz P4 / XP

Live 5.02

David

Post by David » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:15 pm

Yep,

I'll be buying it...it was a toss up between T in the Park (£88) or Live 4 (119Euro) and Live 4 won the toss...I'll just have to see Carl Craig another time... I hope it rains, just kiddin' :wink: