The new MacBooks don't have firewire, get over it.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

The new MacBooks don't have firewire, get over it.

Post by Tarekith » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:20 am

Complaining about it is not going to change anything. No one is forcing you to upgrade, and if you do want to upgrade, you'll have to get a MBP and arguably a better compute anyway. Or get the white MB which is still available and cheap anyway. There's a reason a "PRO" computer might still have connections for a 'pro' level audio interface. If you want a consumer level laptop, you're going to have to get a consumer level audio interface.

That is all.

:lol:

cacti

Post by cacti » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:45 am

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:48 am

Oh c'mon, can't I even get some of the food in the bowl? :D

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:54 am

I still don't see why Apple's labelling of the McBook Pro as 'pro' means anything else than that they are about one million times worse at naming their products than they were five years ago.

The plain McBook has a smaller screen and integrated graphics for less weight, smaller footprint and longer battery life. The McBook Pro is more of a 'desktop replacement' with a bigger screen, expansion slot and better graphics and beefier processor.

The Firewire port was never out of place on the McBook or the iBook before it. It wasn't some 'pro level' feature that had mistakenly made its way to a 'not pro' machine.

Gigabit ethernet, on the other hand... who needs that? I mean, most consumers are only using their networks to connect to the internet, and hardly anyone has a connection faster than the early 90's 10 mbps, much less fast ethernet. Also, most routers and switches sold to consumers are fast ethernet. Why do we have gigabit ethernet on these consumer machines?

The reason: They're not fucking consumer computers. They're mid-to-high end laptops. They should have kept the damned Firewire port and you know.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:01 am

The kitty has as much right to firewire as you do.

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:32 am

So i guess the old Macbooks are actually "pro" since they come with a firewire port :wink:
I wouldnt be surprised if 6 months from now they start selling new macbooks with firewire.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:39 am

Me neither, which is why I don't understand all this complaining.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:07 am

Tarekith wrote:Me neither, which is why I don't understand all this complaining.
Its probably because apple wants a competing entry price on the new aluminium models!
FW will be back, and it will be a price drop on the models too.

nu hurry, ill wait.

...oranges are good too you know!

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:42 am

I just paged my hookup. He has a trunk full of firewire ports, dirt cheap. PM me if interested.

Baron von Case

Post by Baron von Case » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:15 am

Internet memes are funny and cool! I love feeling like part of the in crowd online!

:D :D :D

Peter Package

Post by Peter Package » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:20 am

Complete and Total Fukheads whom say "Get Over it" on Blogs should be force feeding on their own tiny little balls and then told "GET OVER IT" :idea:
Last edited by Peter Package on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:33 am

Peter Package wrote:Fukheads whom say "Get Over it" on Blogs should be force feed their own tiny little balls and then told "GET OVER IT" :idea:
I had to quote you in case you decided to edit afterwards, and to say that your comment is totally unnecessary...T has just as much right to speak his mind as the people bitching about there not being any whatever on the new whatever, this isn't a blog, and you should get over it.

Baron von Case

Post by Baron von Case » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:41 am

Peter Package wrote:Fukheads whom say "Get Over it" on Blogs should be force feed their own tiny little balls and then told "GET OVER IT" :idea:
And you should be forcefed an English 101 textbook. Get over it.

To the initial poster: Why didn't you just post this in the topic about it? 'Cause we all lie in wait for you to enlighten us all with your wisdom and therefore it deserves a heftier chunk of server space? :wink:

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:43 am

john doe by choice wrote:
I had to quote you in case you decided to edit afterwards, and to say that your comment is totally unnecessary...T has just as much right to speak his mind as the people bitching about there not being any whatever on the new whatever, this isn't a blog, and you should get over it.
Shhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell Tone Deft this isn't a blog!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:29 am

Wait, you mean there were other threads about it? Doh, sorry, if I had seen those I would have posted there instead.