Novation Remote SL Zero

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Geezus

Post by Geezus » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:31 pm

e.maynard wrote:Right on!

As far as the faders are concerned, (since they're not motorized), if the value on say track one is -4, but the physical SL fader is at the bottom, at what point do the two mesh? Is it once the fader get's up to the ableton value?

Wow that was a weird question.

But do you know what I mean?
depends on whether you have midi jump (pickup) enabled or not

e.maynard

Post by e.maynard » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:07 pm

Geezus wrote:
e.maynard wrote:Right on!

As far as the faders are concerned, (since they're not motorized), if the value on say track one is -4, but the physical SL fader is at the bottom, at what point do the two mesh? Is it once the fader get's up to the ableton value?

Wow that was a weird question.

But do you know what I mean?
depends on whether you have midi jump (pickup) enabled or not
Ahhhhh,
I see that now in Takeover Mode.

Thanks

baseinstinct

Re: Novation Remote SL Zero

Post by baseinstinct » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:26 am

Newecho wrote:
malenko wrote:Anyone got one and use with Live?
On startup i use a simple one track template and add tracks as needed and what I want to know is as i add a track will the Novation instant map the mixer controls to its respective channel. For example - slider 1 is mapped to track 1 volume, new track added and slider 2 is instantly mapped to track 2 volume.
Yes, the default template maps to whatever you see in Live. If you change what is on Track 2 by inserting or moving, Track 2 params in the Remote SL will reflect this.

Big surprise. Novation Nocturn is not thus integrated w/ Live, (while it is w/ cubase).

Does SL also enable volume control selected track?

e.maynard

Post by e.maynard » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:35 am

So leaving the Live (Default) Novation SL Template as is....
Is it possible to assign the Left hand bank Pot & Lower Buttons to be Pans & Solos? And it change banks along with the other channels?

Put another way, How do you get Solos on an SL?