OT I think Deadmau5 loves...himself

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:06 pm

this subject is irrelevant to me, but i found this quote from Dave Seaman on another forum and thought it as lollerific:

"So the annual DJ Top 100 egofest results are in and, erm... I wasn't in it! Imagine my horror. What am I going to do now? That's it. It's all over surely. Well, not so fast Sunny Jim. This soldier ain't finished yet. Oh no! You're gonna have to try harder than that to get rid of me I thought. So I dried my eyes, dusted myself down and decided that actually it wasn't such a bad thing after all. Actually, I should be relieved because as I'm sure you've heard, this years latest dance music superstar Deadmau5 has gone on record as saying that he thinks all DJs are infact cunts! Which is a shame for him because, by his own reckoning, that makes him the 11th biggest cunt this year."

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:06 pm

this subject is irrelevant to me, but i found this quote from Dave Seaman on another forum and thought it was lollerific:

"So the annual DJ Top 100 egofest results are in and, erm... I wasn't in it! Imagine my horror. What am I going to do now? That's it. It's all over surely. Well, not so fast Sunny Jim. This soldier ain't finished yet. Oh no! You're gonna have to try harder than that to get rid of me I thought. So I dried my eyes, dusted myself down and decided that actually it wasn't such a bad thing after all. Actually, I should be relieved because as I'm sure you've heard, this years latest dance music superstar Deadmau5 has gone on record as saying that he thinks all DJs are infact cunts! Which is a shame for him because, by his own reckoning, that makes him the 11th biggest cunt this year."

:lol:
Last edited by aqua_tek on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you can imagine it, it can happen...

NapalmBob

Post by NapalmBob » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:21 pm

lol, logical conclusion FTW!!!

ground_control

Post by ground_control » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:36 pm

As regards the essential mix, and ignoring deadmau5's attitude, it's just smart business to put as many of your tracks as possible on the mix, 1) so that people will hear them, and 2) for the fucking royalties. The BBC pays good money when they play your tracks.

J

Mr Mowgli

Post by Mr Mowgli » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:49 pm

He's doing what we would all do!
Ben Jay - Founder, Prime Loops [2GB Free Download for my friends...Click Banner!]

fuzzyhead

Post by fuzzyhead » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:53 pm

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:13 pm

DJs have always caught a bad rap becasue of the ones who represent it poorly. Like he said, the whole play/stop/fade remark...its true to an extent. Too many DJs just plain suck, and producers with no DJ skills are even worse. Its boring. However, there are plenty Djs out there who really work hard and make it an art form.

As far as Deadmou5 goes, most of his stuff is way too cheesy for me. Once in awhile he does hit something pretty solid, so I wouldn't say he doesn't have skills. I just wouldnt be able to stomach a whole set of his stuff.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:35 pm

He also had this to say to all of you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKfzd_Gq7Eo

deadmau5

Post by deadmau5 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:58 pm

all i gotta say is.... what a crazy ass ride this has all been!

non-stop entertainment.

hey, im having a great fuckin time. can't hate on a guy for that!

i was supposed to "ignore all the message boards and forums" but i occasionally pop in the tech forums such as KVR / Ableton etc etc... but surely you guys can't be taking me too seriously can you? hope not! Im in it for shits n giggles and a few random chaos moments that make my life that much more "interesting".

oh, btw, for those of you who can help it... no need to spread this post on every other message board known to man. The publicity gained form the Ireland interview is doing amazing things.... maybe not good, maybe not bad... but interesting all the same!

i dont think im such a terrible guy... didnt intend to have such an impact on everything really, it just sorta happened all around me so fast... not sure how to react to .002% of the weird situations that happen around me. not sure ill ever be sure!

but one thing *is* for sure, im still very much loving music and technology. so fuck all the rest of the dramatics that unfold during my little adventure :) just kind of a bummer that i have some huge ass expectations and can't really speak my mind like i could when i was an 18 year old nobody whos opinion didnt count for shit.

popularity certainly has its price. a valuable lesson learned.

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:23 pm

good on ya, keep on keepin' on.

peace

honsey

Post by honsey » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:41 pm

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:18 pm

Aye Joel keep the beats coming.
While your at it..
Cant download "the reward is more cheese" from beatport.
Not available in my area. (N.Ireland UK)

but fuck it.. keep going!

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:00 pm

"the reward is more cheese" is THE song I jump around everytime I hear it in a party.

really really really good track.

good job.

BTW, playing only my tracks is for me the only way, I never thought about mixing somebody else"s tracks in my liveset, as I'm not a Dj, and I think like a lot of people around this forum, ne?

If I played "the reward is no cheez" in my liveset, people would notice something... ne? and I would be so disappointed to say, hey, thanks guys, but this track is not mine, it's deadmau5 and jelo... the others on which you didn't dance, are mine... :cry:

:lol:

anyway, I love music, I love making and playing my music as I love spreading an artist that I love. But I want to play MY SOUND. (a contrario, I would change my name to DJ monstrejumo lol)

I want the audience I deserve, not getting some fake kudos playing someone else's tunes and jumping around as if it was my music ;)

best regards

and long life to all music makers

Ub373NNN

Re:

Post by Ub373NNN » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:33 am

deadmau5 wrote:all i gotta say is.... what a crazy ass ride this has all been!

non-stop entertainment.

hey, im having a great fuckin time. can't hate on a guy for that!

i was supposed to "ignore all the message boards and forums" but i occasionally pop in the tech forums such as KVR / Ableton etc etc... but surely you guys can't be taking me too seriously can you? hope not! Im in it for shits n giggles and a few random chaos moments that make my life that much more "interesting".

oh, btw, for those of you who can help it... no need to spread this post on every other message board known to man. The publicity gained form the Ireland interview is doing amazing things.... maybe not good, maybe not bad... but interesting all the same!

i dont think im such a terrible guy... didnt intend to have such an impact on everything really, it just sorta happened all around me so fast... not sure how to react to .002% of the weird situations that happen around me. not sure ill ever be sure!

but one thing *is* for sure, im still very much loving music and technology. so fuck all the rest of the dramatics that unfold during my little adventure :) just kind of a bummer that i have some huge ass expectations and can't really speak my mind like i could when i was an 18 year old nobody whos opinion didnt count for shit.

popularity certainly has its price. a valuable lesson learned.
ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................ABLETON LIVE 9 AVAILABLE NOW.....................