OT I think Deadmau5 loves...himself

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rsagevik

OT I think Deadmau5 loves...himself

Post by rsagevik » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:06 pm

Why do DJ´s play an entire set with just their own tunes?
..or am I missing an important point about DJ´ing here somewhere?

Essential mix track list

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:14 pm

he's not realli a 'DJ' more of a producer who takes his sound on the road.

rsagevik

Post by rsagevik » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:17 pm

..so I kinda missed the point then.
thank god for that :)

lola

Post by lola » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:19 pm

Well, it's all for themselves these days, so quiet understandable that he promotes his own stuff.
It's not like building a scene together as back in the days.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:19 pm

I wish I could get away with that. I'd do my entire set from a recliner with a Wii remote.

forge

Post by forge » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:32 pm

beats me wrote:I wish I could get away with that. I'd do my entire set from a recliner with a Wii remote.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:35 pm

Frankly, I'd do the same.

play an entire set of my own music, i mean. not the Wiimote and recliner thing... although maybe I would.

With a beer helmet and a bowl of nachos on the side.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:58 pm

More money for them if they do that.

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:11 pm

Time to resurrect my Daft Dunk/Justice tribute band. Get your Power Ranger costumes and illuminated crosses out and it's on.

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:20 pm

Just because someone plays electronic music doesn't mean they're a DJ. If I had enough quality tracks to be playing out I would also only play my own tunes. Expecting anything else is like going to a chili pepper's concert and expecting them to play aerosmith songs

funky shit

Re: OT I think Deadmau5 loves...himself

Post by funky shit » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:36 pm

rsagevik wrote:Why do DJ´s play an entire set with just their own tunes?

Essential mix track list
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AKfzd_Gq7Eo

taken from an interview with deadmau5 and it was an interview he gave to one of our national news papers the irish daily star and it goes as follows

red hot canadian producer deadmau5 hits irish shores this weekend but local dj's better keep out of his way.
the five times beatport award winner told clubmix in an explosive interview that he HATES dj's and think they're all fucking cunts. deadmau5 prenounced dead mouse said he will only perform live shows of his own music and think dj's should be extinct. he says it puts me to fucking sleep to be quite honest, i dont really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully with all due respect to the dj type that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur id like them to disafuckingpear. joel continued, its so middle man,they're like fucking lawyers you need them,but they're fucking cunts. god bless them they're my number one customer right so im not gonna go diss every fucking dj.but to say you become this massive up on a podium performer by playing other peoples productions at the same speed as someone eles productions and fading between the two of them, i don't get it.

eisnein

Post by eisnein » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:58 pm

an artist playing their own music?!
second class robot

beats me

Re: OT I think Deadmau5 loves...himself

Post by beats me » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:04 pm

funky shit wrote:
rsagevik wrote:Why do DJ´s play an entire set with just their own tunes?

Essential mix track list
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AKfzd_Gq7Eo

taken from an interview with deadmau5 and it was an interview he gave to one of our national news papers the irish daily star and it goes as follows

red hot canadian producer deadmau5 hits irish shores this weekend but local dj's better keep out of his way.
the five times beatport award winner told clubmix in an explosive interview that he HATES dj's and think they're all fucking cunts. deadmau5 prenounced dead mouse said he will only perform live shows of his own music and think dj's should be extinct. he says it puts me to fucking sleep to be quite honest, i dont really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully with all due respect to the dj type that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur id like them to disafuckingpear. joel continued, its so middle man,they're like fucking lawyers you need them,but they're fucking cunts. god bless them they're my number one customer right so im not gonna go diss every fucking dj.but to say you become this massive up on a podium performer by playing other peoples productions at the same speed as someone eles productions and fading between the two of them, i don't get it.
But sometimes DJing is the only way for a white kid to get out of suburbia. Do you have any idea what it's like to step outside your house and be surrounded by nothing but college educated professionals? It ain't pretty.

lola

Post by lola » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:08 pm

This deadmau5 guy, gets the hate threads these days'
The same one's which made tiesto BIG.
His name gets well-known over the globe cause of jealous negative attention.

Smart :D

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:49 pm

lola wrote:This deadmau5 guy, gets the hate threads these days'
The same one's which made tiesto BIG.
His name gets well-known over the globe cause of jealous negative attention.

Smart :D
;-)

steve angelo said something like 'ill know im successful when people hate me as much as tiesto'