Whiners AND Cheerleaders

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Willyum

Whiners AND Cheerleaders

Post by Willyum » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:32 pm

This was originaly in responce to another post.

I am a middle of the line 'registered' user. I Love Live 3 I think it is brilliant and I am waiting for the smoke to clear on Live 4 to see if it will fit my needs. I always balance my post with positives and negatives. I agree that a lot of people on this board whine in many ways but there are also too many people that whine about whiners.....

All the people that whine about the products and money do just as good of a service to Ableton as the people who praise Live. Everything has balance the people who complain, bitch and moan service companies by letting them know what a large (I did not say majority) portion of their followers are feeling even more so when they are annomus (spell check) and can say whatever they want. Remember 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer'.

As far as other comments that you always hear on this board from the 'cheerleaders', like '5 - 10 years you know how much stuff cost...yada yada'. I have keyboards that are older than some of the users on this board have been alive, I have a 4 track that cost me $1200...yada yada....But I also understand that this is NOT 5 -10 years ago and prices drop. So whatever we went through does not hold true for today....the truth is back in the day (and now for thoese who still buy $3000 boards)when developers made a product, they had to design it AND produce a physical item when microprocessors wern't cheap. Now you can get a couple of smart, computer literate musicians together and they can write a program and mass produce it with 'almost' no overhead and distribute it with a 50 cent CD and a printed manual as oposed to 5 -10 years ago when you had 100 employees working on the different physical aspects and a assembly line to actually put it together. Trust me, Ableton makes a good share of money.

I purchased my copy of Live it was not a gift to be humbled and greatful for, it was not free. I could have chosen to purchase something else. I think Ableton did a great job and Live fit my needs. Companies rely on consumers and want to know if a portion (even a small portion) of thier customers are not liking what is going on with the product. It helps them to find a middle ground that works for everyone. That is usually the goal for most companies, to make a product EVERYONE loves.

The big problems is people not expressing themselves properly. when the whiners are expressing themselves they come off as 'just whining' instead of making a point and backing it up clearly, but there is still a message to be heard. I'm sure to the Whiners, 'cheerleaders' sound like a bunch of brown noseing, kiss ass's who think they are the special friends of Ableton instead of just seeing them as people who Love using Live and being part of the groath of the program.

I could sit and write (and miss-spell words) all day about the extreamist (whiners & cheerleaders) but the bottom line is that neither one is going anywhere so you both might as well try to see both sides of the fence and stop complaining about each other and learn to debate your oposing points..
"I spent my life, laughing, wondering if crazy people even realized that they're crazy.......then one day, I realized..." - Flippa

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:36 pm

what?

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:53 pm

you forgot the literates!

Meffy

Post by Meffy » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:55 pm

Well put, Willyum -- as your posts tend to be.

As in most forums, I intend to whine, cheerlead, discuss, and debate in whatever measure seems best. :-) My infrequent whining will be tempered with understanding that my situation isn't everyone's; my cheerleading will be enthusiastic, but done knowing that no product is 100% perfect; my discussing will be frequent and vigorous, if not always informed; and my debating will be as kind and thoughtful as I can manage given the discussion of the moment.

Mostly. ^_^

Meffy