I'm headed to Pennsylvainia for Barack

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Hidden Driveways

I'm headed to Pennsylvainia for Barack

Post by Hidden Driveways » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:15 am

If you're in the Northeast of the USA and you plan on chilling out on Saturday October 25th, making some french toast, perhaps powering up the DAW and making some noise, you may want to take one thing into consideration:

Realistically, this is the last weekend you can make an impact on an undecided voter.

I'll be rejoining you for the lazy brunches and music making in a couple of weeks. Right now there are bigger fish to fry, and you know it.
Last edited by Hidden Driveways on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

elxicano

Re: I'm headed to Pennsylvainia tomorrow for Barack

Post by elxicano » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:59 am

Hidden Driveways wrote:If you're in the Northeast of the USA and you plan on chilling out on Saturday, making some french toast, perhaps powering up the DAW and making some noise, you may want to take one thing into consideration:

Realistically, this is the last weekend you can make an impact on an undecided voter.

I'll be rejoining you for the lazy brunches and music making in a couple of weeks. Right now there are bigger fish to fry, and you know it.

My music has been mostly on hold too... probably similar reasons. :( But, yes, there are bigger fish to fry right now.

Good luck tomorrow! :D

channelite

Post by channelite » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:31 am

Barack's coming to Las Vegas too, I heard on the radio. I'm gonna pass. I'd rather make songs with Live.

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:50 am

Can't wait for this to be over :lol:

Baron von Case

Post by Baron von Case » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:01 am

Where in PA?

MusicIsMath

Post by MusicIsMath » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:32 am

It's a pity that it's only the use who can vote on it's leader considering people from the outside see things a lot clearer.
And by that i mean....

Obama, Seems like a cracking bloke, well articulated and seems concerned with being able to help the USA get back on it's feet and get some respect back from what it has lost through the past few presidents (even though i liked clinton, hell, why not have a blowie from some chick? thats nothing with being a president, thats more about being a man :D)

As for McCain, that guy will probably keal over if he got elected. He's TOOO old and TOOO dated and just seems like another bushite. For me he seems to only irritate and make me wanna slap the faces of those dull enough to vote for him.

Now the problem lays with the fact that if Obama gets in (which i hope he does as he seems like a way better candidate) then how long can we expect before there's someone out to shoot him or the government themselves overthrow him? You can almost see it happening cant you.....i feel sorry for the bloke really as he has a lot to do to regain the respect that bush n co has lost throughout the years.

Things seriously need changing, not only over there but over here in the UK, this government is killing us!!!!

Anyhows, i'd vote Obama all the way, plus McCain is a maker of french fries over here and tbh, they are not that nice either so i would not bother voting for him by anymeans.

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:08 am

MusicIsMath wrote: Anyhows, i'd vote Obama all the way, plus McCain is a maker of french fries over here and tbh, they are not that nice either so i would not bother voting for him by anymeans.
I might use that chop if I get stuck in a discussion...

"Hey, have you tried McCain's frozen Tater Tots? I think this country can do better than that." :)

You can't decide not to vote for someone because you think they're going to get shot. If they can protect W. - my guess is that Obama is going to be fine. He's taking a risk, but so is anyone in public life.

Baron Von Case - I'm not sure yet. I decided to do this last night. I just woke up from 5 1/2 hours of rest. I've got some family who lives in PA that I can call and ask what to do. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Basically I'm going to the train station, getting on a train, and if it comes to it I'm just going to hit the pavement and knock on doors.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:11 pm

"Never make a politician grant you a favour
They will always want to control you forever, eh!
So if a fire make it burn
And if a blood make ya run
Rasta de 'pon top , can't you see?
So you can't predict the flop..."
-Bob Marley...

go make some fookin music ! 8)

jeffplaysmoog

Post by jeffplaysmoog » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:21 pm

I think Obama has Penn. pretty sowed up... you should head to Georgia, or West Virginia...

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:01 pm

jeffplaysmoog wrote:I think Obama has Penn. pretty sowed up... you should head to Georgia, or West Virginia...
I disagree completely.

I can't afford to go to GA or WV. I can't even really afford my Amtrak ticket to go to PA.

There was a complication with my plan. Some friends of mine had to make an emergency trip to NYC. They're arriving at 8PM and need to stay at my place for the night. I may end up only doing phone calls for Barack today from home.

I have a family driving over to the Obama office in Amber PA to see what exactly they need done. I'll post here what they tell me and any other info.

Pennsylvania is not sowed up.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:21 pm

obama is the pre decided winner and mcain is a puppet opposition. Obama will win and nothing will change that. under obama the following things will happen

1) The usa will Start another war in the middleast
2)the recession will turn into a depression
3)racial hatred will grow
4)the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer
5) there will be civil unrust requiring martial law
6) america will become a 3rd world

have a nice day. and remember try not to wake up, its bad for your health

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:29 pm

267-470-4782

Call that number and sign up if you want to help out in Ambler PA.

MusicIsMath

Post by MusicIsMath » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:24 pm

Emissary wrote:obama is the pre decided winner and mcain is a puppet opposition. Obama will win and nothing will change that. under obama the following things will happen

I have to be honest, it really doesn't look good for McCains french fries LTD but it was his own doing.
He's an oaf!!!!

As for Obama causing the above i think you'll find that ...

1) The USA will make it's own wars regardless, but Obama will have some baring and to my views, will help calm things down.

2) The recession is already becoming a Depression but that is down to media scare mongering

3) Racial hatred from those so called americans who are proud to be american but cant seem to get behind the people who want to help resolve problems and bring the country to peace (just look at Dr MLK or Malcolm x)
Too many inbred kkk hicks that cant see the forrest for the trees and they are just as bad as the afghan terrorists, extremists in thier own rights, but wont be see as such as thier all american lol.

4) The rich will always get richer and the poor will always get poorer, everyone makes thier own opportunitys and unfortunately everyone wants an easy life...it's those who work hard to get themselves somewhere who reap the rewards...ask any of the sports stars, musicians and such...if you put in the effort then it will come.

5) This is all pre determined and nothing to do with obama

6) America will never be a 3rd world, but the government will make people believe they are and reap the rewards themselves.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:47 pm

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:21 pm

MusicIsMath wrote:
Emissary wrote:obama is the pre decided winner and mcain is a puppet opposition. Obama will win and nothing will change that. under obama the following things will happen

I have to be honest, it really doesn't look good for McCains french fries LTD but it was his own doing.
He's an oaf!!!!

As for Obama causing the above i think you'll find that ...

1) The USA will make it's own wars regardless, but Obama will have some baring and to my views, will help calm things down.

2) The recession is already becoming a Depression but that is down to media scare mongering

3) Racial hatred from those so called americans who are proud to be american but cant seem to get behind the people who want to help resolve problems and bring the country to peace (just look at Dr MLK or Malcolm x)
Too many inbred kkk hicks that cant see the forrest for the trees and they are just as bad as the afghan terrorists, extremists in thier own rights, but wont be see as such as thier all american lol.

4) The rich will always get richer and the poor will always get poorer, everyone makes thier own opportunitys and unfortunately everyone wants an easy life...it's those who work hard to get themselves somewhere who reap the rewards...ask any of the sports stars, musicians and such...if you put in the effort then it will come.

5) This is all pre determined and nothing to do with obama

6) America will never be a 3rd world, but the government will make people believe they are and reap the rewards themselves.
The following things need to happen for america to become a 3rd world

1st: the dollar stops being the world reserve currency (and thusly america becomes the poorest nation in the world by a huge margin)

2nd: Due to its massive debts infrastructure breaks down and food is unable to be processed or delivered

3rd the american army is disintegrated through lack of funds

i think america would actually be worse off than a country like ethiopia if ever the dollar were to stop being the reserve currency of the world. hold your breath, because the future of the entire USA rest on that one point.