I'm headed to Pennsylvainia for Barack

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jbible

Post by jbible » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:23 pm

Saw Michelle speak in Akron, Ohio yesterday and then just got my tickets to see Barack speak in Canton on Monday! Cant wait. Both of them are extremely inspiring speakers. Ive been brought close to tears listening to Obama speak. A regular person with a regular hard working back ground as president. That is exactly what this country needs. In fact the Obama's just finished paying off their student loans 6 years ago.

This country needs role models like Obama's in office to inspire and show that with hard work even people from working class families can aspire to great heights. We need hope, inspiration, progress, compassion, acceptance of diversity.

Exciting times and inspiring days. Been doing lots of volunteering, canvasing, etc.

According to the polls its a close race...but I think we are going to see a surprise landslide in Obama's favor in the end.

Even though I have run into allot people here in Ohio who wont vote for Obama for really stupid ignorant reasons.

But Obama is getting support from all the democrats who usually vote plus all the "minorities", outcasts, weirdos, artists, musicians, etc...that usually never vote because they never had a candidate worth voting for. Obama represents us all!

If the whole world could vote on the US president Obama would win by an astounding amount.

Check out the candidates Facebook pages btw...Obama has 2.5 million supporters while McCain has only 500,000. Sure that makes sense as the 40 under crowd that is the majority population on facebook are going to be the greatest demographics that support Obama...but still thats an astonishing amount. And the 60+ demographic are huge supporters as well. My grandmother and my girlfriends grandmother and many others over 60 we know are voting for Obama....because he has many plans that benefit medicare and seniors on fixed incomes.

Notice how McCain and Palin never have any real answers or plans and their rallies consist of bashing their opponents. The Obama rallies are so positive and inspiring and gives me great hope for this country for the first time in my life of nearing 30 years. Obama has real plans and real answers with real people's well being in mind.

Here is an inspiring artwork by Shepard Fairy known for his Obey Giant graphics seen around the world.

http://obeygiant.com

experimedia.net - label and mailorder - 15% OFF THROUGH FEB 14TH
jeremybible.com | jeremy bible & jason henry

bodhi71

Do the American votes even matter anymore?

Post by bodhi71 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:05 pm

I used to think so, until I saw the documtary uncounted.
Now it seems that political agendas and corporate greed have rendered democracy impotent.
Media is so entrenced with them that we can't even make informed decisions.
After watching Zetgiest addendum and Uncounted I feel as I've been unplugged from the matrix.
Ron Paul seemed he wanted to exact REAL change and he has been completely disregarded/ glossed over in the media , we are once again left with the choice of the "lesser of two evils".
How can we ever hope for a world of peace?

Baron von Case

Post by Baron von Case » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:16 pm

Emissary wrote:obama is the pre decided winner and mcain is a puppet opposition. Obama will win and nothing will change that. under obama the following things will happen

1) The usa will Start another war in the middleast
2)the recession will turn into a depression
3)racial hatred will grow
4)the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer
5) there will be civil unrust requiring martial law
6) america will become a 3rd world

have a nice day. and remember try not to wake up, its bad for your health
Wow, the evidence you cite for these rational, realistic claims is ASTOUNDING!

Remember to stay in your cardboard box and leave on your tin foil hat, you paranoiac. Coming out is bad for everyone's health.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:19 pm

Baron von Case wrote:
Emissary wrote:obama is the pre decided winner and mcain is a puppet opposition. Obama will win and nothing will change that. under obama the following things will happen

1) The usa will Start another war in the middleast
2)the recession will turn into a depression
3)racial hatred will grow
4)the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer
5) there will be civil unrust requiring martial law
6) america will become a 3rd world

have a nice day. and remember try not to wake up, its bad for your health
Wow, the evidence you cite for these rational, realistic claims is ASTOUNDING!

Remember to stay in your cardboard box and leave on your tin foil hat, you paranoiac. Coming out is bad for everyone's health.
dont worry i will come back to this thread from time to time and tick off each one as it happens.

jeffplaysmoog

Post by jeffplaysmoog » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Ha ha, can't wait... although you have some proper insight as far as the dollar goes. If it does fail (which becomes more of a reality every day) then we are totally F'd.

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:07 pm

George W. Bush won in Florida in 2000 by 537 votes.

Get off your ass and get out the vote this weekend. Don't get too drunk tonight at your Halloween party. Be prepared to wake up and make a difference this weekend.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/newvolunteer/

Political threads suck, I usually ignore them completely, but this situation is different because instead of needlessly arguing in an internet messageboard about music software you can be out there making a real difference.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:33 pm

Hey! Some of us are capable of both! :lol:

Solid advice Hidden Driveways...

This is indeed a very important weekend and well worth the extra effort. 8)