How to manually map parameters with NOVATION REMOTE SL?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cenik11

How to manually map parameters with NOVATION REMOTE SL?

Post by cenik11 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:07 pm

Hi guys.

I am using Live 7.0.3.

I have spent hours trying to figure out exactly how to manually map VST parameters to the controls (e.g. knobs) on the Novation Remote SL controller.

I am using Sylenth1 and I'd like to automate the reverb wet/dry amount in Ableton Live but b/c the parameter goes beyond the 128 allowed by Live I think I am forced to manually adjust the parameter (and record as wave). Thus, I am trying to figure out how to map the reverb wet/dry to a knob on my controller. However, no matter what I try I cannot get it. I have read through Novation's manual, tried the VST's midi learn function, and tried Live's midi learn function but no good...I even followed this tutorial (http://skitch.com/klaouhi/2x9w/ableton-midi) but the CC # doesn't appear at the top of Live when it's supposed to.

So, would someone please tell me exactly how to map the parameter to a knob on the controller? Should I use the automap version of the VST? Should the automap server be running? Can I overwrite a knob that already controls a parameter or do I have to start at the knob that follows the last knob that controls something in the VST? A step-by-step, clear explanation would be extremely helpful!

Thank you.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:17 pm

Check this thread, in case something tips you off there. I'd suggest checking your port ins/outs in preferences.

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96806
Professional Shark Jumper.

cenik11

Post by cenik11 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 pm

Thanks for the reply; I'll look at that thread.

Anybody else have some suggestions?

cenik11

Post by cenik11 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:01 pm

^^^

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:15 am

cenik11 wrote:Thanks for the reply; I'll look at that thread.

Anybody else have some suggestions?
dude I wrote like a page and a half of detailed instructions on how to do this, which has all been pasted into that link glitchrock just posted. your answer is in there. dont make me type it all out again