Buy Live 7 get Operator free!!!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
evon
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:44 pm
Location: Jamrock

Buy Live 7 get Operator free!!!

Post by evon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:04 pm

I have been buying Live from Live1 and I have never gotten anything free from Ableton....I mean...what about us???
fe real!

fzero
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Buy Live 7 get Operator free!!!

Post by fzero » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:32 pm

evon wrote:I have been buying Live from Live1 and I have never gotten anything free from Ableton....I mean...what about us???
True that. I sent an email to support@ableton.com and all they offered me was a discount.

Hey Abes, don't you get it? We were here from the start. We deserve Operator for free even more than the new customers.

You'd be nothing without a loyal user base, but seem to forget this every time.

That's really disappointing.

andydes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: Bremen

Re: Buy Live 7 get Operator free!!!

Post by andydes » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:51 pm

fzero wrote:
evon wrote:I have been buying Live from Live1 and I have never gotten anything free from Ableton....I mean...what about us???
True that. I sent an email to support@ableton.com and all they offered me was a discount.

Hey Abes, don't you get it? We were here from the start. We deserve Operator for free even more than the new customers.

You'd be nothing without a loyal user base, but seem to forget this every time.

That's really disappointing.
It's called a special offer. Companies do that to boost sales, especially in hard times.

It's got nothing to do with whether you deserve it or not.

They offered you a discount? That was nice of them, was it a good deal?

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Post by 3dot... » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:14 pm

that's not true...the updates are free... :wink:
Image

fzero
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Buy Live 7 get Operator free!!!

Post by fzero » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:15 pm

andydes wrote:They offered you a discount? That was nice of them, was it a good deal?
Not really, specially with the US Dollar at an all-time high here in Brazil...

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: Buy Live 7 get Operator free!!!

Post by 3dot... » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:24 pm

fzero wrote:
andydes wrote:They offered you a discount? That was nice of them, was it a good deal?
Not really, specially with the US Dollar at an all-time high here in Brazil...
um... Ableton is a german company I think...
Image

fzero
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:15 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Buy Live 7 get Operator free!!!

Post by fzero » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:26 pm

3dot... wrote:
fzero wrote:
andydes wrote:They offered you a discount? That was nice of them, was it a good deal?
Not really, specially with the US Dollar at an all-time high here in Brazil...
um... Ableton is a german company I think...
Yep, and the Euro exchange rate is even worse. It's quite expensive to make electronic music outside USA/Canada/Europe.

Meef Chaloin
Posts: 2164
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:09 pm

Post by Meef Chaloin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:29 pm

don't even start me on this fucking offer

read the small print

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Post by 3dot... » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:31 pm

Meef Chaloin wrote:don't even start me on this fucking offer

read the small print

8O
Image

evon
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:44 pm
Location: Jamrock

Post by evon » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:41 pm

3dot... wrote:that's not true...the updates are free... :wink:
This struck me while I was making my comment, so I had to justify it in my mind. Updates are not free we are entitled to that, we paid for that when we purchased the product.
fe real!

Incy
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: Portland, Maine
Contact:

Post by Incy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:14 pm

evon does your USB Quattro actually work? I never got it to work.

Johnisfaster
Posts: 7251
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:34 am
Contact:

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:15 pm

I've been paying for years and years now for upgrades. I even bought operator.

it doesn't bother me at all that they are offering it for free now. if you buy something and then a sale goes on a year later for 50% off you don't go back to the store and say "hey I bought this a year ago I should get in on this promotion too" it doesn't work that way.

if you have a boxed version of live you could try to sell it for $50 less than the site asks for it and then buy the download version with free operator and you'd come out pretty good.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

evon
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:44 pm
Location: Jamrock

Post by evon » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:39 pm

Incy wrote:evon does your USB Quattro actually work? I never got it to work.
Seems like I've had the Quattro for ages. Actually, it was my first interface and in fact the only one I have ever used. It is like a rock, it is tattered and torn and just keeps going, on and on. Never had a hitch from the day I bough it.
I am thinking that M-Audio exports the better products on thier overseas market and keep the worst ones for the local consumers. This because of the reviews regarding M-Audio products that I read about by consumers in the USA.

Anyway, what exactly do you mean by "getting it to work". Have you installed the drivers correctly? Let me know, maybe I can help. There is really two stages to getting an interface to work:

1. Installing the drivers (before attaching the hardware to the PC)
2. Adjusting the "preferences" in the audio tab of the software you are using to record/etc.
fe real!

jeffplaysmoog
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:18 am
Location: Gilbertsville, NY

Post by jeffplaysmoog » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:48 pm

Yeah, it's tough. I felt pretty raw at first about the offer so I wrote Ableton to complain (didn't offer me a discount!). It just seemed that, being someone who has purchased 4 versions of the software, Sampler, Drum Racks, EIC, etc., that I should be getting this offer as well. But I also understand Ableton is trying to sell as many copies of 7 before it becomes obsolete and that they have an interest in keeping sales high. So, I am back and forth on how I feel, but overall I still feel it's a raw deal to the faithful users. Maybe they just need to balance it out when 8 arrives by offering early upgraders some form of discount on an Ableton product?

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:58 pm

evon wrote:
Incy wrote:evon does your USB Quattro actually work? I never got it to work.
Seems like I've had the Quattro for ages. Actually, it was my first interface and in fact the only one I have ever used. It is like a rock, it is tattered and torn and just keeps going, on and on. Never had a hitch from the day I bough it.
I am thinking that M-Audio exports the better products on thier overseas market and keep the worst ones for the local consumers. This because of the reviews regarding M-Audio products that I read about by consumers in the USA.

Anyway, what exactly do you mean by "getting it to work". Have you installed the drivers correctly? Let me know, maybe I can help. There is really two stages to getting an interface to work:

1. Installing the drivers (before attaching the hardware to the PC)
2. Adjusting the "preferences" in the audio tab of the software you are using to record/etc.
I bought one of those in the UK and it never worked on 3 different machines

Post Reply